• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Whats your favorite game other than Pokemon?

Pokémon is my favorite franchise, but my Top 2 favorite games do not belong to the Pokémon franchise. They are: The Witcher III and Chrono Trigger. On the other hand, I'm too a big fan of the JRPG franchises Dragon Quest and Breath of Fire.

Lastly, Pokémon aside, I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo's franchises, although I find most of them quite fun, especially Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

Last edited:
Did you get the remaster of Prime for the Switch then? (Do you have a Switch?)
Nah, I'm fine with the games on my Wii U (Through MPTrilogy on virtual console), I don't see a need to buy a game I already have a second time if it doesn't have any new content added. (It doesn't even have the fusion suit skin!)

(I do indeed, own a Switch.)

Update: my new favorite game is Sea of Stars. Didn't beat it yet, but as far as i've played, i really enjoyed my time there, i fell really caught by games where you have to be strategist

Honestly just the Super Mario franchise in general. I realized recently after playing Wonder and watching the movie (and having some very strong opinions about said movie) that I might be a way more hardcore Mario fan than I thought I was, lol. If I had to narrow it down, then the Kart series is my favorite — followed by Party, VSDK2, SMW, Maker, and 64.

I also have thousands of hours invested into The Sims franchise and Tomodachi Life, which I think should speak for itself. :p

Various other faves: Mother 3, Undertale/Deltarune, Gmod, Bloons TD 6, Panel de Pon, Ib, Miitopia, Cave Story, Harvest Moon: FoMT, 100% Orange Juice, Puyo Puyo (SUN, Fever 2, and Tetris 1), Fire Emblem Awakening, Pikmin 1 & 2, GROW, Scribblenauts, and Bejeweled.

Due to mainly being limited to handheld Nintendo game consoles until I started working, I never played any games besides Pokemon and the handheld Kirby games. But since 2009, I've started branching out to other game franchises and discovered games I've come to really love, including my favorite game of all time: Mother 3. I also enjoy the Ace Attorney games, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Rune Factory, various Fire Emblem games, Earthbound, Jack Jeanne, Digimon Survive, Code:Realize, Tales of Symphonia/Zestiria/Arise, Chrono Trigger, the Mana series, the Atelier series, and so on.

And those are just officially published titles. I've come to like a lot of indie games as well, such as A Little Lily Princess, Heart of the Woods, Doki Doki Literature Club, Stardew Valley, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Fuga: Melodies of Steel, Katawa Shoujo, and so on.

Deltarune has honestly been my favourite game since Chapter 2 released. Before that it was Undertale. The music, story, characters. Frankly, I'm obsessed

My top 2 favorite games of all time are Zelda BOTW and Terraria. Love them both to pieces, although apart from them and Pokemon ORAS, my top 5 is a bit fuzzy. Right now I’m feeling that Hades and Metroid Zero Mission should get the other 2 spots, but games like Ace Attorney and Undertale can also sneak on there, possibly.

Palworld is the most fun I've had playing a game recently. It is less casual than Pokemon (to be clear, I play Pokemon from the context of gotta catch 'em all, I'm not a huge competitive battler or anything so that definitely skews my perspective) to me because it requires more concentration due to the survival elements, but it's a game I can find myself getting sucked into for hours.

Like the above person said, Palworld right now. There's more for me to enjoy in the more action focused survival aspects it has, plus the Pals are really cute and I really love most of the designs they have. Honestly, it's long beaten Pokemon as my new favorite monster catching game.

Aside from Palworld, I have other older series I've enjoyed just as much or sometimes more than Pokemon. Metal Gear is a series I've always treasured since I first played Sons of Liberty as a kid, then not long after played other installments; with MGR: Revengeance being a strict tie with MGS 2 as my favorite (I really love Raiden, okay?).

The Fire Emblem series is another I've enjoyed since I was a kid as well, with Blazing Blade being my first game in the series, though my top favorites in it are GotHW, Thracia 776, and the Tellius duology; Engage isn't too bad and I'd say is probably my new favorite of the newer FE games (not counting the remake of Gaiden).

Then there's of course the Megami Tensei series I like, more specifically the SMT installments, though I do like DDS: Megami Tensei, Digital Devil Saga duology, Raidou duology, and the first Majin Tensei (unfortunately haven't played the others in that subseries).

Kenka Banchou is definitely the best delinquent game series (though, tbf, it's not a high bar when it's a pretty scarce genre nowadays aside from a few releases here and there, not just in games) that I love.

Shining series, Dragon's Dogma, Golden Sun, Monster Hunter, Warriors franchise, Sengoku Basara, and the Initial D and WMMT arcade games are other favorites.

I'm also very fond of quite a few visual novels like Rance series, Fate/stay night and other earlier Nasu works, Utawarerumono, all of Nitro+chiral's BL VN's they've put out so far, as well as a few of Nitroplus' main works, and The House in Fata Morgana. Including otome VN's separately then AMNEƧIA, Collar x Malice, Cinderella Phenomenon, Code: Realize, Norn9, Bad Apple Wars, Forbidden Romance with Mysterious Spirit, Steam Prison, Nekopara-Catboys Paradise, Café Enchante, Piofiore: Fated Memories, OZMAFIA!!, Hakuoki, and quite a few of Voltage Inc.'s works as well even if they're trashy and not high quality and hated by most of the otome community (but that's what also makes them unironically great imo lol).

Also, Touken Ranbu gets a very special mention as my anthropomorphic sword boys need all the love. Been playing in JP since it's release and it's always been the source of a lot of joy for me.

(That's more than just a game, but I do like a lot of games in general and there's actually quite a few more I like, but whatever this is enough for now).

As someone who's logged over 500 hours in BOTW and done virtually everything there is to do in the game, I hope you won't mind me asking: what was your favorite thing about it?
Lot of different things. There’s the openness of Hyrule that still doesn’t feel overwhelming, as well as all the various overworld physics/systems interacting with one another which I like. The Guardians are cool and the Yiga Clan is mostly cool (sorry Kohga, but you’re just a massive tonal shift from what happened to Dorian). The Compendium & photography feature is a minor bonus also. The music is top notch. I can go on and on about the game because there is really a lot I love about it!

Back
Top Bottom