• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what's your nationality and heritage?

Greek, although when it comes up to the 16 ancestors one was French and one Turkish. The other 14 all identified as Greek, but idk what happened at 32 and behind that, we have some more suspicions of Turkish ancestry on a few, they used to be around the region for 400 years after all. In any case, even the 2 great-grandparents out of 8 with foreigner parents, lived entirely in Greece too, and did not have much contact with the French and Turkish roots.

I was raised in California, but both sides of my lineage came from the Philippines. My surname is notably Spanish in origin, though since Filipino surnames were primarily caused by Spanish colonialism in the past I could believe that my paternal family's ancestors simply adopted the name rather than having been ancestrally tied with them.

Mom's side is Russian and dad's side is Russian/Greek! My dad can speak three languages, though his English isn't the best lol. We moved to the US when I was 8ish so my English is best at this point since I grew up in the US but I can speak Russian mostly fluently as well. (b' ')b

I was born my and still live in the US, but my mom was born in what is now the Czech republic. I think my main ancestry from my dad's side is German (his grandfather was born in Germany). I might have some degree of English, Welsh, and French ancestry, but I don't really know for sure. Most of the people from my mom's side speak Czech better than English and some still live there or have moved back. I really wish I would've learned that language when I was younger.

Born in "Ile-de-France" (a region that includes Paris in its center), but my family are from the "Deux-Sèvres" department, around the middle-west part of France. And anyone who wants to visit this department are in for a treat !

I was born and raised in a district in northern France and both my parents are french. I speak both languages although English definitely comes easier to me now. We moved to the U.S when father was moving his business and I was pretty young at the time. My memory of most of my younger childhood is pretty bad.

Adjusting to the U.S wasn't hard necessarily and I already spoke English so it wasn't really hard to understand my teachers. The hardest part for me was just adjusting to the new culture. It makes you feel almost like an alien in some ways. I always sort of felt like an introvert who kept to themselves which didn't help much either with socializing.

Last edited:
I was born in the US. I don't know much about my heritage. I do know that an ancestor (some number of "great"s grandmother) on my mom's side came from England to the US in the early 20th century. I do not know anything aside from that. I would love to know more about my heritage.

I am Brazilian, and I was born in the interior of the state of São Paulo. My parents are Brazilian, as are my grandparents.

However, my great-grandparents were Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian and Argentine. (Now, they are archangels and, if not, lovely fiends).

Last edited:
Born in the US, mom's side of the family is Puerto Rican and my dad's side of the family is English, Welsh, and Irish.

Honestly I mostly consider and refer to myself as Puerto Rican since my mom was literally born in Puerto Rico and I have uncles and other family members living there. In contrast, the most recent overseas relative I have on my dad's side of the family was my great-great-grandmother who was from Dublin (and she died in 1905, so I was born 91 years after she passed). Much more immediate connection to the Puerto Rican side of me.

Back
Top Bottom