• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which are your favourite Pokémon?

Which are your favourite Pokemon?

• Total voters
My number one favorite is lugia. Number two is reshiram. Number three goes to rayquaza. I guess all my favorites are legendaries!

5. Lugia. Easily my favorite legendary. I just love it. It has its own song and the design is so simple, but still majestic. It kinda bothers me that it isn't water/flying though, even if it has its reasons.

4. Lucario. Simply because it's my go-to character in Super Smash. It also has a really cool design. Riolu is also my character in Super Mystery Dungeon.

3. Dragonite. It was the very first Pokémon I raised to level 100, as well as the only Pokémon I had with a nickname at the time (named Nico). It WRECKED EVERYTHING in the game. It was also the only Pokémon over level 40 at the end of the game.

2. Girafarig. I don't really know why I like Girafarig so much. It's really cute, and I just love the design ( AND THE TAIL). It doesn't have the best stats, but it's able to 1-hit-KO most things in normal gameplay.

1. Umbreon. At first I didn't pay too much attention to it. The first time I trained one was when my Eevee accidentally evolved into one, and I was like "alright, whatever" and just went on with the game. I didn't start to really like it until I trained one on purpose in Black 2. He was named Dusk and was a pain in the butt (for my friend, anyway). Now I have an Umbreon named Dusk II that I use in competitive battles.

As per my Avatar my favorite Pokemon is Vaporeon because I love the design and it's beautiful!! :love:
I have other's that come in below, to name a few: Lucario, Lugia (Because it was the legendary Pokemon in my first game: Silver) , Pikachu & Oshawott :love: :);):cool::D

I have so many favorites, but for simplicity's sake, I'll just say Charizard is my favorite. I will take every chance to get a Charmander that presents itself and that thing is not liable to leave my party at any point. I also really like the Eevee family, as well as Vulpix/Ninetails, Growlithe/Arcanine, Houndour/Houndoom, basically fire types are awesome. Also a big fan of electrics. And Lucario. Hitmonchan. Nidoking. Rhydon. Dragonite. Meowth/Persian. Ghost types tend to be pretty cool too. Aerodactyl. Kabutops. I could keep going, but I won't.

My username here should tell you everything you need to know.
Aside from my oh-so-obvious favorite, I also like Chandelure, Breloom, Mamoswine, Slurpuff, and a couple of others.

Jigglypuff
Swirlix
Espeon
Chandelure

I like a lot of species and dislike a very small number

I decided to pick my top five favorites. Salamence is my absolute favorite, no doubt about that! He's an awesome, powerful looking dragon- and his power isn't all for show with multiple sets you can run. He was the first real dragon to me in Pokemon. The others would be Gastrodon, as it's an awesome tank and snails are cool. Volcarona, reminding me of my childhood hobby where I'd study moths and allow them to rest on my finger. Scolipede, the deadly looking, powerful bug type. I loved the way his design's colors complimented each other, he served me well in my White 2 playthrough. Finally, we have Raticate! This one may be a little weird, but it wreaked havoc in Heartgold! Took down any enemy I ever had troubles with and I mean... It's a rat! Rats are so cute~!

I picked my top ten including some of the evolutions/pre-evolutions. :)

Keldeo is my all time favorite, followed by Rapidash and Zebstrika (also voted their pre-evos just cuz and then I also voted Bellossom, Luxray, and the Chimchar line. If you notice, my top three are the equine Pokemon. I love the horse family. lol

I just voted my top 3 on the list because browsing about that list is just hell.
310.png
Manectric: Nothing really big or inspirational about this one, he's got a wolf design, I like wolves, he was a nice help when I played OR
mewtwo.png
Mewtwo: A rare case where the anime secured my love for a Pokemon. Mewtwo's movie and anime specials gave him a touching story, he was not an evil maniac trying to destroy the world, he was a confused child trying to find his place in it. Then he became a devoted father figure to his clones, trying to protect them to the best of his abilities. This permanently solidified Mewtwo at my #2 spot.
448.png
Lucario: My first game was Platinum, before I got too far into the game, a friend showed me his Pokemon, I saw a Riolu (shiny, I didn't know what they were at the time) sitting in his box and said "Hey, this little guy's cute. Can I have him?" He said yes and the little baby Rio joined my party. Now, little baby Rio was a hackmon, she had perfect IVs, EVs, 50 Ribbons, the works (but I didn't know this), this combined with her status as traded kept her firmly at the top of my team. Her courage would pull us through, she was the deciding factor in EVERYTHING, Gym Battles, Team Galactic, The Pokemon League. She became my most trusted partner, favourite Pokemon ever. I eventually got Black, and with my new internet access, learned what a hackmon was. This utterly devastated me, as my personal stance on these things meant I could never bring her with me to any other region. She's still there, in Platinum. That Lucario sealed the spot for her entire species. I've recently learned that Lucario is now based on a wolf, which only serves to shoot the love factor even higher.

Given the sheer number of Pokémon species, it makes deciding my favourites very hard indeed. For now, I'll mention my top favourite starter Pokémon of each evolutionary stage. The ones in the top half of each list are my equal favourites, while the ones in the bottom half are ones I also like a lot (just not as much as the others):
Treecko
Rowlet*
Cyndaquil
Tepig
Totodile
-
Bulbasaur
Turtwig
Chespin
Squirtle
Piplup

Ivysaur
Grotle
Monferno
Dewott
-
Combusken
Braixen
Croconaw
Marshtomp
Frogadier

Chesnaught
Charizard
Swampert
Greninja
-
Meganium
Serperior
Typhlosion
Infernape
Emboar

Jolteon
Espeon
Glaceon
-
Vaporeon
Umbreon

Venusaur
Charmeleon
Pikachu
Bayleef
Quilava
Sceptile
Mudkip
Torterra
Empoleon
Pignite
Oshawott
Fennekin
Froakie
Litten*
Popplio*
*These ones from Gen VII are subject to change

Last edited:
Each one is adorable in its own way and I like them all. But I'll always stay loyal to Pikachu! (And Articuno, Vulpix, Ninetails, Rapidash, Snorlax, Slowpoke, Mew.... HAR HAR HAR HAR)

I voted for:
•Charizard (Fan favorite, really.)
•Machamp (Always loved the design. Wish he was competitive :( )
•Gengar (#1)
•Skarmory (Incredible design, reliable competitively)
•Grovyle (Mystery Dungeon...What. A. Character.)
•Sableye (#2)
•Torkoal (Love the design. Needs a mega!)
•Spinda (A drunken panda, what's not to like?)
•Milotic (Beautiful)
•Roserade (Beautiful design)
•Lilligant (Caught a Petilil, evolved it, and nicknamed it Tiny Dancer. The rest is history)
•Scraggy (Just a clown, love his voice in the anime too. Hilarious character)
•Archen (Another funny character. Always wanted a mon inspired by Archaeopteryx)
•Cinccino (Beautiful, nicknamed mine Capuccino)
•Chandelure (Design is amazing, stood out in the new 3D graphics)

Last edited:
[6/26/2016 4:16:40 PM] ---: Which are your favourite Pokemon?
[6/26/2016 4:16:49 PM] ---: the only pokemon who don't have a vote in that thread are
[6/26/2016 4:16:57 PM] ---: paras, mr mime, omastar, snubbull
[6/26/2016 3:41:59 AM] Nicoleta: paras, mr mime, omastar, snubbullpoor omastar
I would have voted for it but it's too l8
[6/26/2016 3:42:50 AM] Nicoleta: I think it's my #7 nyow
[6/26/2016 5:42:41 AM] ---: why didn't you vote for omastar in the first place

this makes me sadface

a vote for omastar is a vote for a small, pointless fragment of my soul

Poor Tangela, Yanma, and Snubbull, who so far have no votes. Makes me want to vote them, if I hadn't already voted a year ago.

I intend to vote for Yanma as it's one of my favourite Bug-types (moreso than Yanmega, believe it or not), but I still need to figure out my other favourite Pokémon. It's a very long list, I assure you, so I need to narrow it down to my top 100... :confused:

So many Pokémon.
My top 5:
Gallade
Flareon
Xatu
Ninetales
Metagross

By the way I forgot to vote for Diglett :(

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom