• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which are your favourite Pokémon?

Which are your favourite Pokemon?

• Total voters
What's your favorite Pokémon, and why do you like it? I like Ivysaur because of how he combines animal and plant, and prefer him over his other evolutionary forms because of his perfect (in my opinion) balance of speed, spore, seed, and sun power

I like emolga because it's the first pika clone that is different in typing, is a useful typing at that, and is part flying squirrel which is awesome!

I like emolga because it's the first pika clone that is different in typing, is a useful typing at that, and is part flying squirrel which is awesome!
Yes, Emolga has one of the best type combinations I've seen. And it's way cooler than Dedenne.

#1 - Kabutops. I've made this readily apparent. The bipedal horseshoe crab with scythe hands is and always will be my favorite. It's one of the best designs of Gen 1, carrying that same feel the Gen 1 mons had, but without the other thing where it's also just a thing that turns into three more of the same thing, or grows another head. Neat type, neat design, actually pretty good, I love him.

#2 - Mismagius. Ghost is my second favorite type and Mismagius is my favorite ghost. It's got a cool witch theme, has neat colors and is all flowy. A surprisingly wide movepool, too, which makes it great for in-game runs, in the very few instances where it can be obtained pre-hall of fame.

#3 - Golurk. Golurk is both of my favorite types, is a giant golem with fists the size of Space Marine powerfists, and can fly. He is just rad as hell. He does suffer from Rampardos syndrome where his fighting ability is limited by the fact that attack is really the only thing he has going for him. His bulk isn't bulky enough for him to take many hits, and he gets no recovery to really help, and I shouldn't need to tell you that he's chumpslow. Despite this, he's just one of the coolest designs of 5th gen. I think 5th gen had a TON of cool designs, but a bunch of lame ones too. But if Gen 1 can get away with making Pokemon out of piles of filth (Muk, Garbodor), inanimate objects (Voltorb, Kling), and food (Farfetch'd, Vanniluxe) then so can 5th gen.

#4 - Hydreigon. It's hard for me to pin why I like Hydreigon so much. Maybe it's thing where it's a special-attacking oriented pseudo-legendary, it's unique typing, or the fact that it looks cool. Probably all of those. Might have to do with the satisfaction of finally evolving it on my first BW team. He's also actually a good Pokemon, though sorely out-classed by a certain twin of psychic dragons.

#5 - Rhydon. Rhydon's just a big bipedal monster with armor that punches stuff really hard, and thus he appeals to my inner ten-year-old. This same appeal shifted from Nidoking over to Rhydon as I got older and actually worked to get Pokemon. Let's be honest, the reason everyone liked Nidoking was because he was easy as hell to get for how cool and powerful he was. I also like Rhydon because his base stats are just so extreme that it's just awesome. He KNOWS what he wants to do with his life, and that's tank physical hits and punch really hard, and you gotta love him for that.

I have waaaaaaaay too many favourites! My signature has an up-to-date list of my favourite Pokémon covering a broad range of categories, so feel free to check it out. :)

Rayquaza hands down I love my rayquaza its always been there for me he's also the strongest pokemon out of all my friends I still remember how I caught him I made the biggest mistake I only had 1 pokeball and used it at the very beginning if the battle and caught him with out doing anything he's the best pokemon ever especially with his attach stat being 399

So my favorite Pokemon are Charmeleon, Mew, Mewtwo, Breloom, Duskull, Dusknoir, Absol, Espeon, Ivysaur, Lapras, Magikarp, Gyadrados, Dragonair, Larvitar, Tyranitar, Durant, and Giratina.
And of course I favorited all of Harley's Pokemon. And then I favorited Burgh's Pokemon. I didn't like the 4th, 5th, and 6th gens, but I ended up voting for all of the 6th gen to hurry up and get the voting over with, except for some of the beggining Pokemon and Swoobat and Noirbat. I ended up also voting for all of the 4th gen Legendary Pokemon except for Shaymin. I only think it's cute, but it's not awesome nor is it my favorite. Also, is Victini a 4th gen Pokemon? I voted for Victini.

Also, is Victini a 4th gen Pokemon?
Nope, Victini is actually the first Pokémon in the Unova Dex, which makes it a Generation V Pokémon. It's actually one of my two favourite Mythical Pokémon from Gen V, the other being Keldeo. :)

Man it's so hard to pick a favorite pokemon. I'll just list favorite by type.

Normal: Zigzagoon. Cutie pokey racoony little item picker-upper.
Fighting: Machoke. I just always thought this one looked cool as a kid.
Flying: Murkrow. Awesome cute little black bird that evolves into a bigger, cooler black bird!
Poison: Seviper. Best snake. Best snake. No competition.
Ground: Gliscor. I didn't think they'd find a way to make Gligar cooler than it already was. Then they evolved it.
Rock: Lunatone. I love moons. I love this rock. This is the best rock.
Bug: Scolipede. It's a poisonous bug I can ride like a horse. What is not to love about this arrangement?
Ghost: Tie between Pumpkaboo and Litwick. They're both so cute and I love their evolution lines.
Steel: Aggron. It's first evolution is so cute and then it becomes an amazing awesome pokemon. I caught an Aron in Alpha Sapphire and that little lady pretty much stayed in my party the rest of the game.
Fire: Tie between Charmander and Fennekin. I love both of their lines so much. I have trouble picking between them both because I love them so much!
Water: Spheal. It's a round little ball of cuteness~
Grass: Sceptile. This is the only grass starter family that I can choose over fire types. I love Torchic, but when I played Alpha Sapphire I chose Treecko.
Electric: Mareep. I can't help it I love the fluffy wuffy sheep line.
Psychic: Gallade. I love the entire line, but I think Gallade is the coolest.
Ice: Sneasel. Precious ice weasel baby.
Dragon: Goodra. I just love the way it looks.
Dark: Purrloin. It's the closest thing to a black cat we've gotten so far. It's design is so wonderful and so is its evolution!
Fairy: Spritzee. I fell in love with the design the moment I saw it. It's just so adorable!

^ I could never guess. =P

As for me I'm going with Togepi, Psyduck, Dedenne.

In no order here are at least 5 of my favorites.
Leavanny, because I like how Leavanny sounds, and how friendly or tough it is.
Bronzong, it is a strong physic type that lacks speed but is so cool with its levitate ability.
Fennekin, a cute fox that reminds me of my pet dog.
Helioptile, who can't help to think about touching Helioptiles ears, they look awesome.
Braviary, it is one of the coolest flying types, and does a good job at speed and strength.

I'll probably have to make a top 5:

1. Jolteon - obvious reasons, it's been my favourite since the very beginning when I first played Blue.
2. Bulbasaur - can't really explain, just love the guy.
3. Hawlucha - design and typing are my favourite of 6th gen.
4. Dwebble - I don't like many Gen 5 Pokémon but Dwebble stole my heart, it's cute and I like it's typing, it has a good moveset too.
5. Buizel - probably my favourite Sinnoh Pokémon too, I loved it in the anime and always enjoyed using it in-game.

To name my number 1 Pokémon: Metagross. I just like how it looks, it's learnset and it's typing. Other favourites of mine are Mudkip, Latias and Staraptor

Zygarde has wormed (...snaked?) its way into my heart... :3 The expanded mythology with all of the different forms and cores pretty cool, and its been fun to see them in action during the current TV show. Even in the base XY games, I find that there's something vaguely heroic about how it just sort of hangs out, silently "monitoring" the Kalos Region's ecosystem for trouble...

Design-wise, I love the use of the Hexagonal shapes and the Blue/White/Red patterns on Perfect Mode. Presumably winks and nods to the French flag and "L'Hexagone". Very nice for the Region's definitive mascot and protector.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom