• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which new Eeveelutions do you want?

SinnohEevee

Reaction score
I though of opening a thread specially for Eeveelutions. Which new ones do you want to see in Gen 8?

I would like to see a Flying-type, a Dragón-type, and a Fighting-type one.

I don't want any more that are just a simple ____-type. We've done that eight times now, which I think is plenty. (I'm not unsympathetic, though. Part of me does want them to finish off the type list, just because people obviously want them to and are going to keep asking until it's done.)

What I want to see is more conceptual variants. Maybe one that works with typelessness. Or a Normal-type Eeveelution with an Ability that reverses the effectiveness of its own moves - for instance, any Water-type move it would use would be super effective on Ice-types and Grass-types and so on.

Or they could make a random dual-type one just to troll.

If I'm allowed to say none, then that's what I'll go with. While I get there's types left that could be done, for me personally, I've seen enough of them at this point to know what the deal is going to be with them. Sylveon was fun in its own way because it was used to promote, hype and tease the new type, but adding more in for the sake of it I'm not bothered for and think they should avoid it. The line is really popular though, so I think it's inevitable we'll get another at some point, if only for merchandise reasoning alone.

I'd be fine with any typing as long as the lore behind them was good.

Eevee traditionally evolves when subjected to changes in surroundings, so types like Dragon and Poison seem a little odd in that context.

Rock/Steel (or Ground) would be interesting if they were introduced in a mountainous region as its evolutions could be linked to the changes in rocks in the areas, and an NCP could tell how you different minerals effected Eevee's evolution differently.

I'd say Dragon is the only 'must'.

I think Steel and Poison would be good options.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom