• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon do you think will evolve?

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
As we all probably know, in the anime, not every Pokemon that a character owns ultimately evolves all the way to its final form. We've seen this with Dawn's Piplup, Iris's Axew, even Serena's Braxien and Pancham.

As it's still very early in the series, it's obviously up in the air, but of all the Pokemon Ash and his classmates currently have that have been introduced, which do you think will evolve in the series, and how far?

My predictions...

Will Evolve
Ash's Rowlet: I think it's very likely we will see it evolve all the way to Decidueye. It already has a lot of parallel's with Ash's Sceptile and Charizard, and its evolution to the more snobbish Dartrix can really test their bonds, and then once it's fully earned Ash's trust it becomes a Decidueye and major powerhouse of Ash's team.
Litten: It's still not very clear if Litten will ultimately join Ash's team, but if he does, I would probably expect him to ultimately become at least a Torracat if not an Incineroar since Littens' evolutions are just SO compatible with Ash personality-wise.
Shiron: I predict Samson Oak will find out about the Ice Stone in the Alola region, and since he probably already knows that a Kanto Vulpix evolves with a Fire Stone, he'll really want Lillie to evolve Shiron into a Ninetales along with his own Vulpix. If that happens, we could see LIllie's Alolan Ninetales take on a much more noble guardian role to Lillie that more actively tries to help her overcome her fear of touching Pokemon for good and maybe even become a more self-confident Pokemon Trainer later in the series.
James' Mareanie: I think it's pretty fair to assume that it will become a Toxapex at some point, usually at least one TR Pokemon evolves into a force to be reckoned with.

Won't Evolve

Lana's Popplio: Since Lana is more of a secondary character, I wouldn't be surprised to see it stay a Popplio the whole series. I think it's much more likely that Primarina will be the signature Pokemon of a future Rival character (think Bianca or Sawyer)
Mallow's Bounsweet: Same, it could become a Steenee in the future, but I'd be pretty surprised if it did evolve all the way to a Tsareena.

Last edited:
Rowlet and Litten are obvious choices. The former could become this season's Ash's badass starter, and it could keep some of its personality traits. Litten could evolve as a form of symbolizing growth and bonds with its trainer, like Chimchar.

Brionne looks similar to Popplio, it depends on how much do they want to develop the capitains.

I don't see why people are banking on Toxapex. Team Rocket's Pokemon are chosen to be dyanmic and fast-paced, and Toxapex is the opposite of that.

Team Rocket's Pokemon are chosen to be dyanmic and fast-paced
Matadogas

I want Ashimari to evolve all the way!! Maybe it's just because I love Suiren or because I love that whole evolution line, but yeah I will be a little disappointed if it sticks a try stage 1.

Matadogas

I want Ashimari to evolve all the way!! Maybe it's just because I love Suiren or because I love that whole evolution line, but yeah I will be a little disappointed if it sticks a try stage 1.
They aren't shoving it down our throats, so I think it's likely to evolve.

Rowlet, on the other hand...

James's Mareanie needs to evolve. Like seriously, when was the last time we saw a James's Pokémon evolution? :(

Among the protagonists, I would love to see Mallow's Bounsweet evolve to Steenee :love::love: (but not before she gets some development :))

Last edited:
James's Mareanie needs to evolve. Like seriously, when was the last time we saw a James's Pokémon evolution? :(

Among the protagonists, I would love to see Mallow's Bounsweet evolve to Steenee :love::love: (but not before she gets some development :))
James hasn't had an evolution since.. Magikarp. Wow. James is really bad at evolving his Pokémon that weren't already fully evolved. Mareanie NEEDS to evolve.

Mallow's Bounsweet is a Pokémon I can definitely see evolving. The adorable thing has nothing holding it back.

I have low doubts that Rowlet will evolve anytime soon, due to its personality and characteristics. If it were to evolve into Dartrix, I'd predict it would not attack most of the time because it's fairly overprotective about its appearance.

I think Rockruff will eventually evolve into Lycanroc, midday form. Rowlet.. I dont know if it will ever evolve. It's kind of the comical starter like Chespin, Totodile, Oshawott, and Piplup.

even if Rowlet evolves it have some comical aspects or gain new ones like others did.
It had a nice dex entry for Decidueye.

I think we need 2 fully evolved starters for the Ultra Bests , Captains and Kahunas.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom