• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who else hates Pikachu replacing Volt Tackle?

Electro Ball's only good on the rare occasions it's used defensively. As a projectile it's basically Thunderbolt that misses more often. Should have just kept Volt Tackle.

I can't help but wonder if the reason they switched to Electro Ball is because it's a recolored Shadow Ball animation-wise. The animators seem to LOVE Shadow Ball, probably because it's cheap/easy to animate.

To be fair, Shadow Ball is one of the best Ghost type moves around, or at least one of the most popuilar ones, so that could be a factor too.

I wasn't a fan of replacing Volt Tackle with Electro Ball. I thought that Pikachu's moveset was fine and they didn't need to randomly include a fifth generation move at the time. Volt Tackle was pretty cool and a strong finisher move. I'm used to Electro Ball now and at least the Z-Moves do offer Pikachu a chance to use different moves without replacing another one, but I was annoyed when that first happened back in BW.

Loving the necroposting lately I mean that unironicoly. As you might expect my feelings haven't changed much. He had electro ball longer than volt tackle. The move volt tackle is strong and only exists in part because of Ash's Pikachu. He didn't get a new move for gen six. And if we're saying fuck game logic what's cooler from anime stand point why not get rid quick attack. How about replacing iron tail with grass knot if we're on the special move train. There is less ground/rock types these days so having iron tail for coverage is a little dated especially with rock types physical defense.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom