• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is the owner/producer of the anime?

MarshiyanMisutaa

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
According to credits, the show is produced by Shopro, Medianet and TV Tokyo. Are they the owners? What kind of power does Nintendo and Game Freak have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know that the Satoshi Tigiri is the own who thought about Pokemon, and Glad to be the first one who aswer you my best friend

Still nobody with that name that worked on Pokemon.

They are referring to Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of the Pokemon franchise.

This doesn't really solve the question of "ownership" (I'm not really sure I would use that term in relation to such a grand-scale project as the pokemon anime, which belongs to a larger franchise that has many different players in it) but Tsunekazu Ishihara is, as well as being the CEO of The Pokemon Company, is listed as the executive director in the anime's credits and his piece on Bulbapedia states that he "manages all aspects of the Pokémon franchise including the anime, games, and the TCG".

However, this is not really to state that I have a concrete knowledge of how direct his involvement in the Pokemon anime really is since he overlooks every other department too - this list has a series of producers connected to MEDIANET, Shogakukan Production and TV Tokyo though if you're interested. Since Game Freak is essentially a game development company, I would say their involvement in the anime is only indirect but that's just my assumption.

Since Pokemon has become such a large franchise, and due to how many people have contributed to the creation of this franchise alone to claim a large stake in terms of its development, I don't think this question would be as easy to answer as one say like "what involvement did JK Rowling have with the production of the Harry Potter films?" - but that could be due to my lack of knowledge on this specific area. Sorry if my answer is unhelpful and if I have made any mistakes - or if anyone knows better - please correct me.

Shogakukan and OLM produce it, TV Tokyo airs it, TPCI takes care of it internationally.

Kinda sums who does who in a nutshell.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom