• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

LavenderCase

Uncompromising Worth
Reaction score
Niantic Labs - Pokémon GO

Looks like a new update is here! You get to choose your own buddy Pokemon that will walk with you for perks such as candy and other rewards.

I think I'll be going with my Vulpix.

What about you guys?

If the main purpose of this feature is getting Candy for walking alongside it I'll just start off with those species I need only a few more candies for evolution, then stick to Pidgey/Caterpie/Weedle I guess.

We still don't know much on what rewards the feature will give us, though, so my picks may change if new info is revealed.

My first buddy Pokémon will be Dratini, in order to get the candy rewards and finally get a Dragonite. After that, I'll switch my buddy Pokémon to those that I need candy for in order to gain the missing evolutions. Once I have all the evolutions and no longer need candy for evolution purposes, I'll have Dragonite, my favourite Pokémon, as my permanent Pokémon.

my favorite since the beginning squirtle. tho maybe charmander for the candy.

I'll probably have an Eevee or one of the Vaporeon I have so I can try and get Flareon for once.. though I still need to wait for the update to become available for my phone since I don't have 1.7 yet :c

I haven't gotten the update yet, but when I do, my starter Charmander will be my first Buddy Pokemon. I rarely come across any starter Pokemon. I know that they're supposed to be rare, but considering how many candies you need to get them even to their first evolved form, they're ridiculously rare. So getting some candies in order to evolve the starters would be nice. That's one reason why I'm excited for this update. All of the Pokemon that would take me ages to evolve could be a bit more manageable. It might still take me awhile to get enough candies, but at least I could probably make some progress every day with my regular walks and that would build up over time.

Plus, I like the idea of walking around with my starter Pokemon in Pokemon Go. I've always liked that feature in Yellow and HG/SS, so seeing something like it in Pokemon Go sounds pretty neat. I'll probably change my Buddy Pokemon around a bit after I get enough Charmander candies. Getting some more Magikarp candies would be nice since I don't even have a hundred of those yet.

Squirtle. I just need 10 more candies for it to evolve. Once I evolve it to Wartortle, i will make Dragonair my next buddy Pokemon. It's so rare to find that in my location :(

I just got the update today, and right now my buddy is Squirtle. I have to walk 3k for each Squirtle candy though, so I'll probably switch to something else once I can evolve them into Wartortle. Maybe to something like Rhyhorn or Geodude that I can't normally find in my area.

I updated my app not too long ago. I set my buddy Pokemon as Charmander because those are very scarce. I'll probably do Dratini or the ambitious target Magikarp next.

started out as pikachu since he got a candy a kilometer. walked the 6 i needed to evolve him and switched to charmander since i need a bunch of candy for charizard.

After calculating amounts of candy needed and km needed to get one for several species, I'm starting off with Spearow.

I started with Ivysaur, got 3km down and decided to check the km for other pokemon. Like Jacen said, Pikachu is only 1km so I switched to that and I'll keep him there until I have enough to evolve him (gonna take for bloody ever cause I've only ever found one Pikachu and it was caught not hatched). After that I'll check which other ones are so easy and switch from there. (my English is going awaaaaaaaaay I'm so tired, my apologies)

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom