• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

My buddy is ma main man bulbasaur!

I should be using the double candies for a pokemon that would evolve quicker. I only have 35 bulba candies, but 81 squirtle ones

I normally just do the ones I need candy for. My current buddy is my Haunter, whom I only need three more candies to get a Gengar. With the Halloween event, I managed to catch quite a few Gastly and Haunter, so hopefully I'll catch another one, but i can wait till tomorrow to do the rest of the walking. Raining here so can't now unfortunately.

I got enough candy to evolve my Bellsprout, so now Grimer is my Buddy Pokemon. I was tempted to go with Magnemite since it has a bit more candy and I could potentially get closer to evolve in through the remaining event days, but I'm more likely to run into a Magnemite than a Grimer. I've only been able to hatch one Grimer thus far, while I have caught a few Magnemite before. I'll hopefully get a decent amount of candy with Grimer before the event ends.

Finally caught my Parasect, so he's now my buddy.
He was also my 100th Pokedex entry, without evolution. Happy Days!

After evolving a Clefairy my Buddy is Jigglypuff for now, although I gotta take some time to calculate everything a bit better, there might be another optimal Pokemon I should go for.

After evolving Pikachu I had switched to Jigglypuff. I got enough candy to evolve Yumi the Jigglypuff, so now I'm working on Geodude. Gonna keep him until I have enough candy to straight up get him all the way to Golem. At this point, I don't nickname them until I evolve them in case I find a better one before I have enough candy, but I'm debating between "Toebreaker" and "Bowlder."

I finally got enough candy to evolve my Grimer. That felt like it took forever, especially during the last few kilometers, even though I think it was about two weeks. My buddy Pokemon is now Oddish. After hatching a couple more of them awhile ago, I'm really close to having enough candy to fully evolve an Oddish. I'll most likely go with Magnamite afterwards since I'm close to evolving that one as well. Having some Buddy Pokemon where it won't take me too long to get enough candy to evolve for them for awhile should be refreshing.

Jigglypuff is done. Got Vulpix for 3 km (1 Candy) and now I'm back to Metapod.

I got enough candy to evolve my Oddish, so now Horsea is my Buddy Pokemon. I caught a few Magnemite earlier, so I have more than enough to evolve one. It will probably take me awhile to get enough candy for Horsea to evolve, but I've been walking quite a bit this weekend, so that helps. My next Buddy Pokemon will probably be either Seel or Kabuto, depending on what eggs I'll hatch while walking with Horsea and if I can find two more Kabuto around here.

Switched to Staryu, will stick to it for 3km so I can get a Candy and have 42 of them (to need exactly 2 catches/transfers of it for evolution).

Pikachu, partially because he's my favorite Pokemon and after 10 kms, he jumps on your shoulder.

This may be really dumb, but my Charizard since I caught it at CP 400-ish and I'm feeding it candy, which I need via buddy system. Right now he's CP 1139 and still has a lot of room for improvement :p

I was able to get enough candy to evolve my Horsea after transferring a couple of other ones. I was planning on having this big evolution Lucky Egg spree in time for the event to include my Horsea, but due to playing Sun/Moon and technical issues with Go, I wasn't able to do that in time. Oh well. I'll still get quite a bit of experience when I go on that Lucky Egg spree.

In the meantime, Seel is my new Buddy Pokemon. It's going to take awhile for me to get enough candy to evolve it, but after feeling more pressure to get enough Horsea candy, I'll probably enjoy taking more of my time with this one.

My current buddy is my growlithe, I haven't had any luck finding or hatching any others so and I'm a big Arcanine fan. Charmander was my last one all the way up to Charmeleon.

I got enough Candy to evolve Metapod, my buddy for the longest time. You'll be missed, bud. But you're still sticking around as a Butterfree with that Favourite star of yours, get some rest, 30+ km of walking as a cocoon probably made you tired :)

Santa Hat Pikachu is my new Buddy, this one won't need that many km to get enough Candy for evolution, but will probably stick around for a bit as I'd rather get done with those that need 1 km per Candy.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom