• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

I finally got enough candy to evolve my Seel. I could have transferred a few to make it even shorter, but after walking so much with Seel and being so happy to finally get them, I wanted to walk to get all of those candy. It felt a bit more satisfying that way. I walked nearly eighty kilometers with Seel, which I think is the longest distance I've walked with one Pokemon thus far.

My new buddy Pokemon is Abra. I'm so close to getting an Alakazam after catching a few Abra and Kadabra lately. It won't take me too long to get enough candy, so that will be nice.

Finally evolved my Growlithe. Have now got a 800 CP something Arcanine. So, now Squirtle is my buddy, and Pikachu will be the next one, I guess.

Well I got enough candy to evolve my Abra sooner than expected. I caught another Abra and after a short walk, I had enough candy to evolve one all the way to an Alakazam. So now Dratini is my Buddy Pokemon. It may feel longer to get the candies I need given that I only get one every five kilometers, but since I only need five more candies to get a Dragonite, it might be easier, especially when I normally walk that much within a week or so.

I got enough candy to evolve my Dratini earlier this week. It was easier than I thought since I did quite a bit of walking during the weekend. My current Buddy Pokemon is Bulbasaur. I'm fairly close to getting a Venusaur, so I figured I'd walk with a Bulbasaur for awhile. I'll probably keep working on the starters for quite awhile. Aside from them, the only other Pokemon I can evolve right now is Magikarp and I'd be able to get enough candy for both Charmander and Squirtle if I walked enough for Magikarp. Hopefully I'll be able to find some more good two kilometer eggs in the meantime to help with getting more candy.

Finally got Santa Hat Raichu, so I switched Santa Hat Pikachu for Abra.
Abra's only going to stay around for 1 Candy, since that's the only thing I need to evolve it into Kadabra.

EDIT: Just calculated the distance required for each evolution to a Pokemon I don't have in my Dex yet; my best option after Abra is Kabuto, 6 candy needed * 5 km per candy = 30 km. Will take a while unless I capture/hatch one in the meantime, but everything else needs more (for now; chances are I'll get more species of those and change midway).

Last edited:
Leaf, my starter Bulbasaur. I just can't not have them as my buddy and I still need a Venusaur anyway, so the candies are useful too.

I've got Magikarp as my buddy Pokemon right now. I don't find very many Magikarp except when I'm at school, and as a commuter student, I'm not there all the time so at least I'll still be able to get candy when I'm not anywhere near my campus. xD

After I get the 400 candy needed to get a Gyarados, I'm going to switch to something I still need candies for. I'm not sure what that'll be right now, but I'm thinking it'll probably be my Bulbasaur that I started with. Once I have them all evolved, I'll make a Flareon my buddy, assuming I have a Flareon by then.

I was able to get enough candy to evolve my Bulbasaur. I found one while walking through a park and that saved me walking another twelve kilometers. Right now, my buddy Pokemon is Charmander. It's going to take me a lot longer to get enough candy to evolve one into a Charizard since I only have seventy pieces of candy right now. I'll hopefully be able to find some Charmander eggs so I can get more candy while I'm walking this one.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom