• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

After Kabuto got another Candy, I switched to Hoothoot (temporarily).
I might also switch to Natu after getting my first Hoothoot Candy since I'm at 49/50 for Xatu. I should also calculate everything for the Gen II Pokemon so far and repick the Buddy based on that, although I still think Hoothoot, being in the 1km group and with enough gathered Candy for Noctowl, is the best option.

I finally got enough pieces of candy to evolve my Charmander. That previous event was super helpful since if I didn't come across all of those Charmander during it, I'd still be trying to get enough candy through my daily walks.

My Buddy Pokemon now is Poliwag. I thought of going with Squirtle like I originally planned, but I'd want to capture a few more Squirtle before trying to get the rest of the candy that I'd need through the Buddy Pokemon feature. Hopefully I can get some more Pinab berries to use whenever I do come across a Squirtle. Plus, I'm relatively close to having enough pieces of candy to evolve a Poliwag into a Politoad. Compared to all of the other Pokemon with Johto evolutions that I still need candy for, Poliwag would be the easier to manage. I only need twenty one more Poliwag candy to evolve it, along with a King's Rock, so that probably will take around a couple of weeks to get, depending on if I find any Poliwag to catch or hatch any eggs in the meantime.

Ekans. getting close for Arbok. Don't know who to go with next.

........ hahahahahahhahahahahahaha *punts Geodude into next week ... breaks own foot* ow

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, finally got enough to evolve him through into Golem-hood, so now it's Dratini at 107/125 candy. ... apparently everything I need to evolve is 3-5 candy ^=__=^;;

Because I caught a couple of Poliwag earlier this morning, I have more than enough candy to evolve a Poliwag into a Politoad, although I still need a King's Rock for that. My current Buddy Pokemon is Ledyba. I thought it would be nice to have a Johto Pokemon as one of my Buddy Pokemon. Plus, going back to getting one candy for one kilometer should be nice. There are a few other one kilometer Buddy Pokemon I can use for awhile, so that should make it feel less time consuming compared to the other Pokemon I need candy for. I can also hopefully get more candy for the other Pokemon that I need to evolve in the meantime.

Since I evolved Cleffa all the way up to Clefable, I switched to Seadra... which is now a Kingdra.

I'm not sure what to choose next, so I'm going to stick with Kingdra for the time being until I find something I want to evolve.

Omguuuuuuhhhhh, I didn't realise just how long the 3km Pokemon would take to get just one candy. aaaahhhhh Dear Abra: Go faster, m8. Not looking forward to eventually switching to Dratini. I'm not sure what I'll switch to next but since I'm only 87/125 it's going to be awhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

I got enough candy to evolve my Remoraid, so now my Buddy Pokemon is Phanpy. It's going to feel like getting one candy takes forever again after working with one kilometer Pokemon again. I still wish that the Buddy Pokemon system was designed better. I can understand putting longer distances for certain Pokemon, but the reward should be more candy instead of walking three or five kilometer for one candy. If we could get three or five pieces of candy after reaching those distances, then that would be perfect. It would still provide incentive for people to walk around more, it would make getting candy for evolution easier/less tedious and it would still take awhile to get enough candy to evolve Pokemon that way too, especially ones that require over a hundred pieces of candy to get to their final evolved forms.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom