• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Satoshi take on the island trials?

Dapper Rowlett

Fancier then a Milotic,faster than a Deoxys-Speed
Reaction score
We all know that at the very least for the beggining of the series,Satoshi is going to school.But,is it possible that later in the series he will face the trials? I think there's about a 50 50 chance.

Reasons why not:1.It could get in the way of there comedy 2.In the demo,it states that to take on the island trials,you must be 11.As we all know,Satoshi will likely stay 10 forever.However,I dont consider this one to much since the Anime and games are often quite different.Team Flare's plan had nothing to do with AZ or the ultimate weapon in the anime,for example. 3.Well it isn't that big of a deal,trainers in the anime don't fight wild Pokemon very often,and the challenge of the series if he did take the trailer would be Kahuna's,which is just the same as the gym fights,but also totem Pokemon,who are not owned by the Trial captains.

Reasons why:1.Pokemon has all ways has a main goal and had main feats(getting to league's feets are each leader).Graduating appears to not involve tests or anything like that.So introducing trials would be better.2.While they do go outside,Satoshi constantly travels,and school is stagnant.Also,how will they show all the characters and towns if they stay on (I think) Akala the whole series.3.Backlash. While Pokemon obiously doesen't listen to all complaints,in the past,they have fixed mistakes that Japan hates(BW->XY/XYZ Sonasu fiasco).And from what I've been hearing,Japan hates the school thing.

I honestly hope he does take on the Island Challenge and battle the Kahunas like Hala and Olivia. It could be a part of school and completing the challenge could be a part of graduating from the school. I just don't know how they could stick to the whole series being about Ash in school, though to be fair, there is Team Skull, the Aether Foundation, and the Ultra Beasts.

Ash is most likely doing the trails. They are the new equivalent of gyms which Ash always took on so there's no reason why he wouldn't take on the Island Challenge. The school arc seems to just be an expanded version of the segment in the games where you have to visit a school before you can take on the challenge. I only hope that the school arc doesn't last long so he can start the trails sooner. I really want to see them in the anime.

I also doubt the age restriction from the games will have any effect on the anime. They most likely won't even bring it up at all imo.

I think he will. He can't just stay in a classroom. What kind of show will that be? How else is he going to get stronger and evolve his pokemon?

Fascinating. In that case, it's interesting that they're not doing the first one right away, like they did with XY, but that may have just been so that the gang would get together sooner. The same could be said for BW. As I've said many times over, though, I do not feel that this saga should be treated like the others in any form, so I can't be sure of how things will play out.

His first trial has been confirmed-he will trying to acquire a new Z-Stone for Pikachu since they broke the one Kukui gave them. I'm pretty sure this Trial will encourage him to leave the school and try out the others.

hope the trials will be like gyms but with the class mates and teachers.
Would be nice to see 3vs3 battles.

His first trial has been confirmed-he will trying to acquire a new Z-Stone for Pikachu since they broke the one Kukui gave them. I'm pretty sure this Trial will encourage him to leave the school and try out the others.
.......Excuse me? Tapu Koko gave Ash the Z-Ring and Z-Crystal.
gmUn7IR.png

Even Ash and Pikachu are speechless at that.

.......Excuse me? Tapu Koko gave Ash the Z-Ring and Z-Crystal.
gmUn7IR.png

Even Ash and Pikachu are speechless at that.
Whoops, that was a typo. I was inundated with so much Sun and Moon information at the time, I must have subconsciously wrote Kukui instead of Tapu Koko. I blame the several "k"s both names share.

Since we now know for sure that Ash will be taking on the Island Challenge, I'm back to wondering which Pokemon will be his first Totem battle; Gumshoos or A-Raticate. Honestly, I'm hoping for Raticate. Even though Gumshoos is a completely new Pokemon, I'd like to see Ash do the challenge at night and

I believe the 1st trail is the only one that has version differences and that A-Raticate is the only Totem that is an Alolan Form and I'd like for Ash to have at least one Totem battle (possibly the only one) against an Alolan Form.

I think it will be a task, a battle with Totem and a 3vs3 battle with one of the trial captains.

Ilima(normal), Komala, Smeargle, Gumshoos, Drampa , Silvally
Beawear

Lana(water), hope she will have Araquanid, WishiWashi , Bruxish,
could also be Pyukumuku
Could see Toxapex (but we will get a poison type chalanger)
maybe Primarina (in a rematch)

Kiawe(fire), hope for Alolan Marowak, Salazzale, Turtonator

Malow(grass), Lurantis , Shiinotic, Tsareena(or preevo if they want that a other trainer later battles Ash) , Exeggutor

Sophocles(electric), Togedemaru, Alolan Raichu, Vikavolt

Acerola(ghost), Pallosand, Dhelmise, Mimikyu (final oponent )

Mina(fairy) - Klefki(Prankster), Ribombee, Shinotic, Granbull

7 trial captains?

I feel a eight one will be there and 8 like gyms. Maybe Ash will participate in more then 8 if needed for training this time?

Kukui(dragon or ice)? Crabominable
Kahili(flying)? Oricorio, Toucannon
Ruiki(dragon)?

Gladion, we have a lot of chalangers that could participate in a league.

4 kahunas-Elite Four

Olivia(Rock) Minior, Lycanroc, Alolan Golem
Hala(fighting) Pasimian, Crabominable or prevo, Kommo-o , Bewear
Nanu(Dark)
Hapu(Ground)

and this time Ash will meet and battle a Pokemon Champion.
(Champion is not master tittle, a master needs to win with multiple Champions in a tournament full of Champions)

Last edited:
I think it will be a task, a battle with Totem and a 3vs3 battle with one of the trial captains.

Ilima(normal), Lana(water), Kiawe(fire), Malow(grass), Sophocles(electric),Acerola(ghost), Mina(fairy) - 7 trial captains?

I feel a eight one will be there and 8 like gyms. Maybe Ash will participate in more then 8 if needed for training this time?

Kukui(dragon or ice)?
Kahili(flying)?
Ruiki(dragon)?

Gladion, we have a lot of chalangers that could participate in a league.

4 kahunas-Elite Four

Olivia(Rock)
Hala(fighting)
Nanu(Dark)
Hapu(Ground)

and this time Ash will meet and battle a Pokemon Champion.
(Champion is not master tittle, a master needs to win with multiple Champions in a tournament full of Champions)

I don't think he's facing Trial Captains. More likely he's facing Kahunas as his ultimate test before moving on.

Now I wonder if the anime show runners realize that the game's method of becoming a Champion is more fitting for Ash in this region than another tournament. I mean, those tournaments create the illusion that Ash never accomplishes anything because it pretends to be the Leagues from the games when really, it's not.

I don't think he's facing Trial Captains. More likely he's facing Kahunas as his ultimate test before moving on

I thin he will get to battle them and there will be badges of some sort, would make him gain more battles and training of his pokemon before evolving and fighting Kahunas and League.
(this is not Orange Island I think, it would be to easy for task only things, there need to be a lot of battles to show the new pokemon more)

I think they could make a major anime goal that Ash needs to take out one champion or win 2 or 3 Pokemon Leagues(or be in the best 3) to take part in a Champion Tournament for all regions that will be in future.

Since we now know for sure that Ash will be taking on the Island Challenge, I'm back to wondering which Pokemon will be his first Totem battle; Gumshoos or A-Raticate. Honestly, I'm hoping for Raticate. Even though Gumshoos is a completely new Pokemon, I'd like to see Ash do the challenge at night and

I believe the 1st trail is the only one that has version differences and that A-Raticate is the only Totem that is an Alolan Form and I'd like for Ash to have at least one Totem battle (possibly the only one) against an Alolan Form.

He may challenge even both, as we saw that he did in the first gym in BW series.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom