• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Sorry for the delay everyone. The full announcement will go up on Bulbanews tomorrow, once I've had the time to type everything out nice and properly (including the full set of trivia answers). Figured you'd all want to know the winners as soon as possible. I'll also be sending our PM's and emails tomorrow so I can get these prizes shipped off ASAP.

12 Days of Christmas Trivia:
Congratulations to the 3 people who achieved perfect scores in this contest! After a bit of haggling, we were able to extend our prize budget just enough, so you'll all be receiving full prizes!
@Randor;
@RazorBayleef4;
@Twisted Roselia;

A Long Winter's Path - Christmas Scavenger Hunt:
@F-O;

Create a Holiday Pokémon
@Dalek; for KwanaKing, The Kwanzaa Kinara Pokemon

Creative Challenge:
@Armin Arlert;
@Angelic Gardevoir;

Trainer Video Contest:
@099Danken; for Trainer PR video - YouTube

All of the prize winners will have their choice between
a) A 3DS XL console
OR
b) A 3DS console
OR
c) A 2DS console plus a copy of Pokémon X or Y

Congratulations to all of our winners, and thank you everyone for taking part in our 2013 Holiday Season Competitions!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, yay! I was having a bad day today but finding out I was one of the winners for the trivia contest has really cheered me up. I guess it was worth it trawling through pages and pages of anime themes and sounding silly mispronouncing all those names of TCG Championships finalists in the end.

Congratulations to all the other winners as well- you all must have put a lot of effort into your entries! Also thank you to Archaic and all the other staff members involved in running these contests. The ones I entered were really fun and well-organised. :)

Congratulations to all the winners! Just wanna ask something though,

12 Days of Christmas Trivia:
Congratulations to the 3 people who achieved perfect scores in this contest! After a bit of haggling, we were able to extend our prize budget just enough, so you'll all be receiving full prizes!
@Randor;
@RazorBayleef;
@Twisted Roselia;

Is the second one me or completely someone else?

Last edited:
Dang, of course I didn't win anything. Oh well, congratulations to the winners, either way. Especially the creative challenges, those required much more effort, I imagine.

WHAT. :crush:

Will you post the pictures for the winners of creative challenge and create-a-pokémon (and possibly some runner-ups)? I'm curious about these!

I have never found a more appropriate use for this video.

This really means a lot to me. I feel a little awkward telling this story now, but I promised myself that I would tell everyone about my circumstances if I won a prize. You see, I was raised by my grandparents. Basically, their SSI checks were what they used to support me for most of the time I was growing up. Yet back in 2010, my grandfather died of lung cancer. I took a year off from college just to relax. Then, near the end of the semester I started back, my grandmother was also diagnosed with lung cancer. The worst part about this is that she never even smoked, unlike my grandfather. It was a form of cancer that may have genetic links. This February, it will have been a year since she has passed away.

As of right now, I am not certain what to do with my life. My family is poor, and my biological parents have their own issues, I imagine. I am hoping to get a job through Vocational Rehabilitation (I do have an anxiety disorder), as well as have them get a driving instructor for me. As strange as it may sound, at the time when it would have been most crucial, there were no facilities that could teach people how to drive. I should have learned as a teenager, but I put it off partially due to anxiety and partially due to thinking there was no rush. A neighbor was even teaching me shortly after my grandfather died, but when my grandmother needed treatment, we needed to use a cab service to travel quite a long distance. You were not allowed to use this cab service if someone in your household could drive. So really, the most economical thing we could have done was put off my driving instruction and let my grandmother's Medicare pay for her trips.

I would like to finish my degree (after all, I should still qualify for some financial aid), but my scholarship ran out partially due to having to take that break for my grandfather's illness and death. (Not to mention that often times I was scrambling to get a full course load because my grandparents preferred to keep me at home for as long as possible. They could not be convinced that yes, I will have to eventually move on from local campus and online classes to the main campus. That put me somewhat behind in hours compared to my peers, though having had AP courses in high school somewhat compensated for that.) Yet even with financial aid, I'm not sure all expenses will be covered. If I ever go back, I may have to take out a loan...something I never thought I would have to do. I was basically getting a free ride before. And where I am poor...well, being poor and taking out loans don't mix.

But enough about the negative. I am really glad I won this prize. For a while, I had wanted a 3DS/2DS and Pokemon X/Y so badly, and while I technically could get it with my funds now, I really should not be wasting money. My grandmother's insurance payment in my savings account is all the real money I have left. A friend on Tumblr told me about these contests via skype, and while I was really nervous at first, I started to get really into it and had fun with it. Though to be frank, getting a prize for it all was definitely the best thing about it. ;)

So in closing, thank you Bulbagarden. Thank you for making a Pokefan's dream come true.

EDIT: Oh, and congratulations to all the other winners too!

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners!

Though really congrats to everyone who entered, you may not have won but your efforts are commendable nonetheless. :)

Congratulations to all the winners :D

I wonder how I did in the Holiday Pokémon contest, though... Hopefully it wasn't that bad.

Now I guess I'll have to save some money so I can finally play the Pokémon X I've had bought since October.

Oh wow this has really made my day -- I can't believe it! And out of the three competitions I entered I really didn't expect to be one of the winners for the Creative Challenge :eek:
Congratulations to all of the other winners as well; I'm sure all your entries were amazing!

And as usual these competitions were loads of fun, so a huge thank you to the staff that put them together <3

A huge congratulations to all of the winners! :)

Judging was very difficult, as there were so many amazing entries for all of the contests. Those that didn't win, there's always next year! Congratulations winners, you deserved it!

Not gonna lie. I was a little dissapointed at first but there is still next christmas! Congrats to the winners! I was wondering at least how far I got in the creative contest though. ^^ Ah well. Good job for all my fellow entrants for your hard work! "May the odds be in our favor." (next time anyway) hahah!

Praise God! I actually won! Sure, I'm thankful for the prizes, but also for the great fun it was to be a part of the contest!

Everyone in the Create a Holday contest did great, and it was a pleasure running with you. I hope you guys, as well as any other aspiring artists, go far in your talents, maybe winning other contests later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom