• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Winter Awards 2016: Winner's List

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hot off the presses, the winners have been decided for the 2016 Winter Awards. It may not really be winter anymore, but let's ignore that and savour the winners instead!

Best Journey: AceTrainer14, Flaze, Arkadelphiak, AetherX
journey_zpsgo1ybsrh.png

@Eliza Prescott

Best Expansion: Flaze, diamondpearl876, Life
expan_zpsbdhtsnd6.png

@GastlyGibus

Best Dark Fic: AetherX, Eliza Prescott
dark_zpsxvondtsp.png

@diamondpearl876

Best Crossover/Non-Pokémon Fic: AceTrainer14, LightningTopaz
non_zpsovozkcti.png

@TwinklingCupcake

Best Alternate: AetherX, LightningTopaz, kintsugi, Life, chaos_Leader
alt_zps3d7bbuze.png

@diamondpearl876

Best Protagonist:
pro_zpsnmdhchad.png

@diamondpearl876

Best Antagonist:
antag_zpszytalzbh.png

@kintsugi

Best Supporting Character:
sup_zpsriuovosy.png

@kintsugi

Best Pokémon Character:
poke_zpsqizq9aqh.png

@chaos_Leader

Best Reviewer:
rev_zpsjzxbrfor.png

@Beth Pavell

Best Newcomer:
new_zps55qfzngt.png

@MatrixChap

Best Written Word Contributor:

wwcon2_zpsyzh06naj.png
wwcon1_zpsrpjbbs4f.png

@Fulcrum / @Eliza Prescott

And finally, the big two...

Best%20Character_zpsqppqhkua.png

stor_zpskrx54izm.png

Congratulations to all the winners! There were some really great stories in contention this time, it was a tough decision in many of the rounds and I think a lot of these stories could have walked away with prizes in any other season.

A huge congratulations to @diamondpearl876 - back to back wins for the Best Story/Character combo, a first for the awards! That is a tremendous effort, and I look forward to seeing the FOTM interview in a few days time to know how she does it.

A huge thanks to the judges, who did an incredible job getting all these stories read and judged fairly and accurately. It's not an easy job, hence why it took a bit longer than usual to decide the winners, so they all deserve a big round of cyber applause!
They will be posting their reviews over the next few weeks. If you have not received feedback in the next two weeks, either let me know or contact them yourselves: the judges for each category are listed next to the category name.

An extra thanks to @Arkadelphiak, for her work with the stunning banners!

And finally, thank you to all those who nominated, voted or took part in your own way this season. These awards are a celebration of this community and the spirit you all have, and I cannot wait to continue working with you all in the future. Here's looking to summer, when we will surely have our biggest season yet!

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners, especially @diamondpearl876

I'll start rolling out reviews for the stories I judged as soon as I can.

Thanks to @Arkadelphiak for the beautiful banners, and all of the judges for your hard work!

Congratulations, you guys (and especially you, DP)!! It was an honor to return to banner-making and judging all sorts of stories from our talented members.

Congrats to all the winners! I enjoyed reading the fics I did for judging, and I'm already seeing some new fics and updated fics popping up that could compete in summer awards. :~) Keep writing, everybody!

Also, thanks to those who's read and supported my fics, especially Phantom Project. It means a lot. <3

Last edited:
As always, I have updated the Leaderboard for how many badges the users have. We added three new names to the list this time around and most of the winning users moved up on the list, so congratulations

kintsugi: 9
AceTrainer14: 8

diamondpearl876: 7
AetherX: 6
Beth Pavell: 6
Rediamond/Athena: 6
AC/Eliza/Kimberly Prescott: 5
Flaze: 5
Legacy: 5
apenpaap: 4
Dai: 4
Misheard Whisper: 4
System Error: 4
unrepentantAuthor: 4
Gama: 3
Feliciano: 3
Kyuuketsuki: 3
Sike Saner: 4
GastlyGibus: 3
Tophat Dragoneye: 3
Caprizant/Kurloz Makara: 2
Gotpika: 2
Juliko: 2
Lugion: 2
SuperTrainStationH: 2
Ahnyo: 1
Arkadelphiak: 1
BlinkVallen: 1
Blue Nostalgia: 1
The Booty Warrior: 1
Caite-chan: 1
Caitlin: 1
chaos_Leader: 1
CynthiaLover: 1
Fulcrum: 1
FullMoon: 1
Kelleo: 1
LightningTopaz: 1
Lyrebird: 1
MatrixChap: 1
matt0044: 1
nicolem_animefan: 1
0bs1d1an_kn1ght: 1
Silverwynde: 1
That Guy: 1
Th!nkPi: 1
Treble Tech: 1
Twinkling Cupcake: 1

Eagle eyed readers may have noticed one particularly big change on that list...

Elysia_zps9lskv3hg.png

This user first appeared in this competition in Autumn 2013, winning two awards on her first go, including Best Dark. She has gone on to win it another three times, and claimed awards in five of the last seven awards ceremonies. The amazing thing is that she has won most of these awards all thanks to one story - some rise by sin, easily one of the most complex, well thought out and well written stories to ever be published in the Workshop. It has been chugging along slowly since that faithful autumn awards season, but this writer's commitment is rivaled perhaps only by her unnamed hero.

It is with great honour that I announce @kintsugi has joined the Writer's Workshop Hall of Fame, the first person to win all five Character awards and the first person to ever win NINE badges! A massive congratulations to you, Ely, there are few as talented as you (magnet mishaps and all).

Elysiabadges_zpsgcwqpjlp.png
* Thanks to @Arkadelphiak for the banners

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom