• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade (Sun & Moon)

Last night, i got a Farfetch'd, Nincada, Eevee (from RSE), and Charmander from Wonder Trade.

Last edited:
I got a Ralts with 5 perfect IVs.
But I miss my Gallade from Hoenn. I'm bringing him over when I can get a Nintendo prepaid card.

In my Wonder Trades for the past few days, the notable things I've gotten are:
1) Piplup, which is useful later on since there's a Snivy in the GTS with the request of a Piplup. I only picked the one in the Poke Ball because I know for sure unique Poke Balls tend to have Overgrow, since you can catch one in-game. To my pleasant surprise, the one I traded for (a newly-bred) Piplup has Contrary. Was thinking of asking people to voluntarily give a version of their Contrary Snivy, but looks like I don't need to do that. It has 5IV, but the problem is Snivy is one of the Pokemon that requires Hidden Power for coverage, so it's going to be a tough one to breed. Now if only I could get my hands on Regenerator Tangela.
2) Slowpoke with Regenerator. The past few Slowbro I received did not have this ability, so having one with Regenerator is very good.
3) Charmander with Solar Power. Charmander seems to appear a bit more frequently compared to most, but the one with Solar Power is definitely good to have even though Charizard is best used for its Mega forms. There's another Charmander I received that has 4 Egg Moves, which is also a pleasant surprise
4) Froakie with Protean. Another starter Pokemon with its Hidden Ability, and better than the Ash-Greninja that I have due to that one having a Careful nature, so it's not too useful.
5) Duskull and Alolan Grimer. The reason I am listing both together is due to Grimer's Egg Move, which can only be obtained from Duskull (and Spiritomb), which is Pursuit. Extra bonus points for that Grimer being in a Beast Ball, which makes it more special. I've bred the Grimer with 4 Egg Moves 6IVs Mimikyu, so it's also got Curse, so this Grimer's got 3 useful Egg Moves (only lacking Clear Smog, which I don't have the parents for). It's also a good thing Duskull came with 3 of its Egg Moves, chief among them being Skill Swap and Pain Split.
6) Burmy. Besides being a foreign Pokemon, Burmy came with a Gold Bottle Cap.
7) Rowlet with Curse and Ominous Wind. Before PokeBank is available, Rowlet can only get 4 of its Egg Moves out of 6: Haze, Baton Pass, Confuse Ray and Defog. One of the Rowlet that I got from Wonder Trade has both moves, which can only be obtained from different parents: Ominous Wind from Xatu and Curse from Farfetch'd. Due to this, I have all of Rowlet's Egg Moves.
8) Popplio (female) and Popplio (male) with 4 Egg Moves. I am listing both of these Pokemon together because it makes breeding the perfect Popplio easier, now that the pieces fall into place.

Thanks for reading.

You know that roller coaster of emotions? So...
Wonder Trade
Beast Ball coming
It must be a Chinese Gible (no idea why, but the chinese seem to love wonder trading Gibles on Beast Balls)
It wasn't, it was a Yungoos
Just now, was cleaning my boxes, and found the Beast Ball Yungoos
It was holding a Master Ball

I got a Magikarp, two Yungoos (one named Trump), a Dhelmise, a Dedenne (Squishy), and an Abra yesterday
Today I got a Wingull, a male Salandit (named FredDDD), and a Gastly.

I like when I get nicknamed ones, even if they're stupid.

I got a Magikarp, two Yungoos (one named Trump), a Dhelmise, a Dedenne (Squishy), and an Abra yesterday
Today I got a Wingull, a male Salandit (named FredDDD), and a Gastly.

I like when I get nicknamed ones, even if they're stupid.
I have an odd fondness for nicknamed Pokémon I get on wondertrade as well. I got a surskit named Skittles. I don't even like surskit but that's adorable so I kept it.

Some notable pokemon I got from this week

• Foreign Starters (meaning I cna attempt to Masuda them if I wnated)
  • Apricot Ball Mareanie and Bounsweet (Lure and Love for the former, Friend for the latter)
  • Some Stufful and Drampa

One of the things I am tired of seeing are Pokemon in Quick Ball. Mainly because the Pokemon I got from those type of balls tend to be common Pokemon, and worse of all, Abra. In fact, Quick Ball is my least favourite ball because of this.

Thanks for reading.

F-ing hell.
One of the things I really want is to add a shiny Type:Null to my team. I have my friend, who hasn't gotten his Null on his game yet, who will farm a shiny one for me, on exchange of a shiny Giratina I'm going to be farming.
Anyway, I just got a shiny Type: Null over Wonder Trade!
And it's 6IV!
And it's on a Beast Ball!
And it's nicknamed "HaterSayFake"!
F- you, Sakati.TV.
You can f- yourself right off the f- ing planet

Here we go:
-Beast Ball Beldum and Gible
-HA Vulpix (Nice for me because I have Moon)
-Charmanders with egg moves
-Weirdly, a perfect Popplio (Modest, 5 IVs, missing attack)
- A shiny exeggcute named "Bruce". Quiet nature, holding a leaf stone, apparently from Johto. I'm wondering if it was caught with the cute charm glitch. I may wait to evolve it, as I prefer normal exeggutor.

Got a shiny Level 100 Lycanroc with all-perfect Ivs. I could already tell it was hacked, but I just couldn't release it, mainly because it's a Sun form Lycanroc, and I play the Moon version. Needless to say getting a good shiny S-Lycanroc is noticeably tricky, so I figure, eh why not keep it?

Glad to see some things never change. I thought WT was getting better the first few days of Gen 7 I was getting all kind of good pokemon, nowadays it's all Abra, Grimer, Rattata, Wingull, Trump and Caterpie. Sigh

Shiny Lv 100 Victini. It has the event move set, 6 IVs, its OT is GF, and has the Pokémon xy pentagon. It's hacked, right?

*Places next to hacked shiny Jirachi I received*

There were no shiny Victinis ever released, so... Yeah, it's going to have a lot of fun on the Pélago, doing nothing ever...

I remembered that I got a Beast Ball Popplio the other day. It was a surprising Pokemon to get in a Beast Ball, because I thought it was impossible to get a Beast Ball starter. I thought it was illegal, until I heard that it's indeed possible through a Japanese event. I plan to keep it until HA Popplio can become done.

Thanks for reading.

What Japanese event are you talking about? Searched around and didn't find anything very concrete about that.

I remembered that I got a Beast Ball Popplio the other day. It was a surprising Pokemon to get in a Beast Ball, because I thought it was impossible to get a Beast Ball starter. I thought it was illegal, until I heard that it's indeed possible through a Japanese event. I plan to keep it until HA Popplio can become done.

Thanks for reading.
woah, this is news to me. So the "hacked" dive ball popplio I got over gts is actually legal? Sweet, now I don't have to feel bad about breeding it. I've been wanting to breed a primarina for a while, but being forced to breed it in a lameass pokeball was such a turn off...

also, liquid voice isn't that good on it. The only thing liquid voice hyper voice has over sparkling aria is that it doesn't heal burns, and I'd imagine torrent would come into play more frequently than that unfortunate side effect. Unless you're intending to use it in doubles, where hyper voice has the advantage of not hitting your partner.

What Japanese event are you talking about? Searched around and didn't find anything very concrete about that.
I managed to find out what he is talking about

Moncollé Get - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

as far as I understand, scanning the figures has the pokemon pop up in your game somewhere, a la island scan

I did find that, but that, plus the japanese site that it sources (thanks google translator) says, at most, that there are QR codes to scan to get the Pokémon seen on the Dex on the bottom of the figurine (so, a normal QR Code from the game). So I'm not sure that that simply doesn't specify that, or if it's another event...?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom