• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm so glad the community here, and on Reddit, has been so welcoming of me. A few months ago, I quit NinSheetMusic because whenever I mentioned something no-one else cared about, several users would "gang up" on me, and no-one would defend me. I had also been mobbed for both agreeing and disagreeing with popular opinions a few times.

That being said... today I came up with the idea to post something to r/ShowerThoughts, but now that I'm home, I'm worried I might feel stupid for posting it. It involves a series of animated films that don't exactly have the best reputation, though I've seen shower thoughts related to it before.

oh, well, don't go there. they banned me. they ban everyone. use meirl instead if you're going to, the mods aren't insane there.

@canisaries What banned you?

What bothers me about the video I linked to is that it made me realise that a character sounds different in every single line he says, and he only has around six.

Speaking of videos, oh heavens ... I've been watching some compilation videos of lightning strikes to get an idea of what adjectives I'm going to go for, which in itself would be fine, but storm-chasers ... I've never known men to hoot and squeal so incoherently while sober

what got me banned was an "offensive" comment which wasn't actually offensive because the punchline wasn't in any way making fun of the group of people mentioned, and the humor (well, it wasn't that funny, i'm not going to lie, but it certainly wasn't offensive) in it was all self-deprecation...
...while that comment was on a post that was relatively way more offensive...
...and the subreddit in question has 30% of its posts be jokes about suicide and depression.

but yeah, an indefinite ban for one tiny comment. no warning, and i'd never gotten any prior warnings. i would have appealed, but i heard about how other people in a similar situation to me were treated, and it really was insanity on the mods' part. i didn't wanna deal with it so i started going to the no-underscore version of the sub, which i believe was created exactly because no one could make jokes even a little bit edgy in the original sub.

for their content, they're practically identical, but at least here i can comment without fearing a ban for a braindead reason.

Speaking of videos, oh heavens ... I've been watching some compilation videos of lightning strikes to get an idea of what adjectives I'm going to go for, which in itself would be fine, but storm-chasers ... I've never known men to hoot and squeal so incoherently while sober
Reminds me of when I was heavily into storm chaser videos (I don't know why, they're all garbage videos really). I'm not sure that even the most ardent sports fan, cheering on his team while they're in the finals, could be quite as vocal as an adrenaline-fueled storm chaser. Maybe it's a consequence of the noise generated by a powerful storm, but they're unbelievably loud when they're excited.

Reminds me of when I was heavily into storm chaser videos (I don't know why, they're all garbage videos really). I'm not sure that even the most ardent sports fan, cheering on his team while they're in the finals, could be quite as vocal as an adrenaline-fueled storm chaser. Maybe it's a consequence of the noise generated by a powerful storm, but they're unbelievably loud when they're excited.

I can't help but think "Yes, we get it, rollercoasters don't do it for you any more"

Just as we shouldn't be talking negatively about other fics on other forums by name, let's also please refrain from talking negatively about other forums themselves - even if they're not named. I'm glad you guys enjoy it here, though! And you can feel free to vent over PM, but just in case members of those forums are also here, we should keep things civil.

I'm worried that my bursts of obsession with Cars 2 are annoying people, because it's annoyed people both on and offline in the past. Is it normal to have such a reaction to a guilty pleasure? Of course, my obsession is largely based on fanfiction...

Speaking of Reddit, is there a(n appropriate) Klonoa subreddit? I'm too nervous to search.

i found one called r/klonoa, but it seems very inactive. average post has 10 upvotes and the second newest submission was 25 days ago. i couldn't find another one. i guess klonoa fans just aren't very reddit oriented?

A delayed response to the competition feedback, but do note that you do not have to write entirely new stories. You are more than welcome to edit pre-existing stories/chapters that fit the theme and submit those - they are going to a different section anyway, so it could be a good way of advertising your fic to a whole new audience!

I get that a lot on FF.net. Every month one chapter of 8ES will randomly have a lot more views than any other - it used to always be on in the 30's, but this month one of the first few chapters has more views than the most recent one. It is really bizarre.

Well, unfortunately it looks like I won't make it into the URPG contest after all... seeing as literally all I jotted down were two characters and a few bullet points on my outline. Even so, a big ol' "Thank you" to @AceTrainer14 is in order for the encouragement he consistently offered! I'll definitely try to take some time to work on my main project and hopefully I'll be able to enter in the next contest, whether with one of those chapters or with a stand-alone.

(I'd insert an "Until then" somewhere around here except I'm not going anywhere)

Back
Top Bottom