• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY024: The Undersea Castle! Kuzumo and Dramidoro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing big happens in this episode (such as a capture etc), I imagine the episode will just be postponed and re-aired in the future (like the fishing episode in BW).

I could see it ending up like the Barboach filler back in Hoenn that was skipped due to an Earthquake, it never aired.
Whiscash, which was going to be featured prominently in the episode, had already been featured before (And no one really cares about Barboach). This episode would be the first time Skrelp and Dragalge are seen, so that may be worth saving. But yeah, they could just introduce them in a future episode and skip this one if nothing important happens in it.

Aww man this is crazy! What the heck that they postpone this till further notice which making me more impatient to see this eps. Besides it's only a day away!!!

Ah well, it can't be helped. I was actually a bit surprised that they would debut (wild) Skrelp and Dragalge so early, so I don't really mind if this episode is aired later. If they decide to not show this episode at all, hopefully they will write a different episode that will feature these awesome mons.

(And no one really cares about Barboach).

The anime should aim to properly showcase all the pkmn though... I was actually very pissed off at Barboach getting deprived of its one and only focus ep... so hopefully Skrelp/Dragalge won't suffer the same and this will air later on like BW's fishing ep... but for all we know it could be Barboach's case all over again which would be sad
Seriously though, the pkmn anime is constantly getting messed up with by real life events and disasters - it's almost hilarious yet sad too

It's funny you said that because most of banned episodes are due to natural disasters or human error disasters so it's really disappointing seeing this events are happen when the anime are getting close to be aired anyway.:(

So I'm guessing Dralgae/TR must have caused a Tsunami or something in this ep for it to be skipped.

Probably for the better since we got the next gym battle early instead of an episode that isn't as relevant to the overall plot.

So I'm guessing Dralgae/TR must have caused a Tsunami or something in this ep for it to be skipped.

Probably for the better since we got the next gym battle early instead of an episode that isn't as relevant to the overall plot.

Rather than a tsunami, it features a sunken ship. Last week, a South Korean ferry capsized and a lot of the passengers on the boat, at least 200 of them were students, passed away and only 174 were rescued. The anime staff was probably thinking about the incident thus delayed it as a consideration for those who lost their loved ones.

Last edited:
The Pokemon anime really has bad luck with natural disaster coincidences, but I guess every long-running anime has them. I wonder if Detective Conan and One Piece, for example, have some cancelled episodes. Looking at the latter's episode list, they did push an episode back a week due to the Touhoku Earthquake (which I assume they did for most of the anime airing at the time.) No episode of One Piece was pushed back due to the South Korean Ferry sinking since the current arc is mainly focused on something going on inland.

I think after the big 2011 tsunami, Pokemon wouldn't have anything plot related to tsunamis and the related anymore. Just look what happened to the attack Earthquake and its kin. This makes me wonder if we're ever going to get another sunken ship episode in a future series.

I think after the big 2011 tsunami, Pokemon wouldn't have anything plot related to tsunamis and the related anymore. Just look what happened to the attack Earthquake and its kin. This makes me wonder if we're ever going to get another sunken ship episode in a future series.

Well they could use old 18th-19th century ships instead of modern cruisers or ferries.

Well they could use old 18th-19th century ships instead of modern cruisers or ferries.

I honestly don't think those would help, maybe a bit, but a sunken ship is a sunken ship. Has the anime ever used such old style boats before, whether sunken or not?

That was offtopic, so rerailing the train: I do hope this episode airs sometime in the future. It looks like a fun filler and maybe Serena gets some...development! I think Skrelp would be un-caught since it needs water to move around and to attack.

Hopefully it will air later on in the anime, because i'm am interesting in seening Skrelp and it does look like an interesting filler episode.

I honestly don't think those would help, maybe a bit, but a sunken ship is a sunken ship. Has the anime ever used such old style boats before, whether sunken or not?

That was offtopic, so rerailing the train: I do hope this episode airs sometime in the future. It looks like a fun filler and maybe Serena gets some...development! I think Skrelp would be un-caught since it needs water to move around and to attack.

There was an old sunken pirate ship featured EP095, A Shipful of Shivers.

I think I've just got a prediction.
So okay the anime for this episode will not gonna premiere in this month but how about May? There's a good chance that it'll showed up.

I'm wondering if they might recycle the same plot into something not involving a sunken ship.

CG submarine aside it looks like a pretty cool ep from the preview, I hope they either air it later or rework it instead of shelving it.

Just like the Plasma eps in BW we will never see this one I suspect, at least it was most likely fillerish and not plot relevant to the point that it might change the complete future eps. Maybe it appears some whatsoever years later somewhere on the net like other banned episodes.

Last edited:
It still could go the way of the Castelia fishing episode tho, be retconned and air 2 or 3 months later.

It still could go the way of the Castelia fishing episode tho, be retconned and air 2 or 3 months later.

Aha! So summer is possibly gonna be aired. Glad you mention this pal!

WTF! They gonna air this episode on CN only ? This can't be real!

Like what I'd imagine was the case with the Plasma episodes - this was probably already in production for the dub before it was skipped in Japan. The difference here obviously being that it doesn't make much difference to overall plot, which means it can air in a different sequence in the dub without impacting anything - so no real reason to delay it to slot it in whenever/if it airs in Japan.

The only thing that would make this episode time sensitive would be the evolution of a Pokemon on the main cast shown in the episode - it otherwise just needs to be set in an Anime-only town. Fletchling is the only one likely to evolve in the near term, and I strongly doubt it will appear in an 'undersea' episode - so they should be safe to air this in Japan for quite a while yet, leaving plenty of time to find a spot to slot it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom