• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the final pokemon of Ash must be a special one since in most of the season he has been stayed with only 5 pokemon, overall.
Only because of the capture craze of 5th generation, they're trying to avoid that apparently.

So I assume that its 6th pokemon will be one capable of mega evolve and must be one very close to him. We all know the posible candidates. There is no way that just a random pokemon that was catched in just one episode will be his last.
With Ash Greninja, I very much doubt at this moment in time, they are gearing up for Ash to get a mega evolution. MAYBE after the league, but not before/during.

As for Serena, is pretty unlikely due to plot reasons.
While 3 seems to be the normal standard for performers, I'm pretty sure Serena having 4 makes sense, for Masterclass. Plus Serena still has yet to win her final princess key which will likely be Sylveon and Pancham, thereby making all her Pokemon having done things in the free performance therefore she needs more variety.

Having more than 3 pokemon with her will divide the attention and character development between them. Also, she has just started with the development of Eevee. I believe she'll stay with just 3 pokemon by the end of this season.

As I just said, due to the weird way that Serena has been doing her Showcases (or the writers portrayal of it), with Sylveon likely winning Serena getting her final Princess Key, it seems HIGHLY improbable that the writers would leave Serena with a been there done that team for when Master Class happens. If there are going to be multiple free performances, I except Serena with four Pokemon to make more sense than the stale (at the time) team of Sylveon/Braixen/Pancham.

Only way that it would make any sense for Serena to only have those Pokemon if Slyveon occurs AFTER her winning her final princess key, which is highly unlikely given that Eevee is basically confirmed to evolve in February.

===========
My reasoning for captures is simple: The sooner the better, and we all know that Pokemon have previously gotten screwed over when captured *Cough*Noibat*Cough* so Ash and Serena not developing their new capture, in favor of the other Pokemon has repeatedly already happened in the show, so NOT any big deal.

Plus with EVERYTHING going on as I said in my previous post, shoving random capture episode amidst everything especially when its close to Master Class and the Pokemon league, would be extremely detrimental to the captures in question.

Would be easier just to get over with NOW rather than at a worse time.
====

Of course another possibility (if there are captures) is that these Pokemon are temporary and caught solely for the dance party.

Serena should be getting six. Dawn and May were both performers, and they ended up with six. Why should Serena be different from all other female companions of Ash (excluding Bonnie), especially the two performers?

Serena should be getting six. Dawn and May were both performers, and they ended up with six. Why should Serena be different from all other female companions of Ash (excluding Bonnie), especially the two performers?

Because of her goal.

Contests had a lot of appeals and battles, having six Pokemon made sense.

Serena on the other hand just needs at best 2 for theme performances and 2 for free performances, and of course her only needing three princess keys + Master Class, means that she doesn't need that many different combinations.

It depends ENTIRELY on what will happen to Serena after Master Class, only then can I imagine her getting a full team. For master class though just four.

She can have 6 by the time XY&Z ends for all I care, I just don't quite see why she would get a new Pokemon here.

Iris had only four and got a fifth one in her special episode.

What evidence is there that Eevee is about to evolve soon? I personally have always believed Serena would get a Sylveon since before she even got an Eevee, but was just wondering where the recent hints had come from that it was imminent?

If Team Flare have already caught the second Zygarde, then it's pretty baffling that Ash and Serena have time for a dance party.

Maybe they aren't in a rush to get the whole thing wrapped up by March like you suggest? ;)

It most certainly is.
I disagree. "Getting Any" sure, "Getting Some", most definitely, "Doing it", absolutely, but "Getting it", I don't think I've ever heard that before or maybe at all. And if that is sexual, then surely "Getting One" isn't all that different, just because "It" is exchanged for "One".

Anyway, in terms of this episode being a capture one, I don't see it due to the XY&Z poster and lots of other merchandise not including any new Pokemon along with the usual suspects, but I would love it if it this were capture episode and if so, I'm curious to see what addition it could be. Also, is it also possible that "Getto da ze" could refer to Serena evolving her Eevee into a Sylveon. Since Eevee has multiple different Eeveelutions, maybe "Get" or "Getting" could refer to Serena trying to get getting a Sylveon as apposed to the other Eeveelutions. Just a theory.

Last edited:
I hope that if it is a capture, it's a Bergmite. I don't care if Serena gets it or Ash (probably Ash since neither Bergmite or Avalugg are "cute" or "pretty" enough to be with Serena IMO), but Bergmite is currently the only Pokémon missing from the anime entirely (not counting Volcanion which is obviously getting its time to shine).

I don't see it due to the XY&Z poster and lots of other merchandise not including any new Pokemon along with the usual suspects,

I did argue when it first happened (I think) that they wouldn't have put BRAND new captures on the poster and there clearly wasn't new captures. Only putting evolutions and currently already-have Pokemon on the poster.

That being said if Noibat is NOT evolving in January and Eevee evolves before Noibat like some speculation implies, then merchandise and advertisments be damned.

On top of that Mega Sceptile is on the poster, God knows when we'll ever see Sawyer with a Mega Sceptile.

What evidence is there that Eevee is about to evolve soon? I personally have always believed Serena would get a Sylveon since before she even got an Eevee, but was just wondering where the recent hints had come from that it was imminent?

Maybe they aren't in a rush to get the whole thing wrapped up by March like you suggest? ;)

There was a game board showcasing Serena's Eevee with a Sylveon. There was also a leaked black and white picture (drawing for anime) of a Sylveon, and everyone was pretty sure it was official. It will just happen. May got Glaceon when Gen IV came, and Gary got Umbreon when Gen II came. Serena will get Sylveon as it's a part of Gen VI.

Not likely when Complete Forme is slated to get merchandise in March from the same company that foreshadowed Ash Greninja merchandise for this month, which just so happens to coincide with its anime debut. Said company will also release Sylveon merchandise in February and no merchandise in January, so I guess I should have expected January to be a filler month.

There are 9 episodes between February and March. That should realistically be enough to conclude an arc that is already well underway.

Last edited:
Not likely when Complete Forme is slated to get merchandise in March from the same company that foreshadowed Ash Greninja merchandise for this month, which just so happens to coincide with its anime debut. Said company will also release Sylveon merchandise in February and no merchandise in January, so I guess I should have expected January to be a filler month.

There are 9 episodes between February and March. That should realistically be enough to conclude an arc that is already well underway.

You do realise Complete Zygarde debuting doesn't signify an end of the arc. Just as Goodra didn't end the Goodra story, Meloetta transforming into her alternate form didn't end that arc, and Ash Greninja of course is already here.

Also it would require a rapid change of pace to wrap the whole thing up in 9 episodes considering how slow they have taken the first 9 episodes. Do you really think that's likely? The volcanion trailer added extra emphasis to the "and Z" part and we already know Puni Chan is with the gang in the special. Now you can dismiss all these individually, but together they paint a different picture.

You do realise Complete Zygarde debuting doesn't signify an end of the arc. Just as Goodra didn't end the Goodra story, Meloetta transforming into her alternate form didn't end that arc, and Ash Greninja of course is already here.
You do realize that Complete Forme is Team Flare's objective, right? Once it is unlocked, there is very little reason for things to continue at a slow pace. Your examples aren't comparable at all. You should be comparing it to Groudon/Kyogre, Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram.

Also it would require a rapid change of pace to wrap the whole thing up in 9 episodes considering how slow they have taken the first 9 episodes.
XY has changed its pacing time and time again. It isn't always slow or fast.

The volcanion trailer added extra emphasis to the "and Z" part
The name change will stay until the generation is over. It isn't limited to Zygarde, and it's mainly a gimmick to make viewers think that the series is newer than it really is.

we already know Puni Chan is with the gang in the special.
Which means very little in light of the liberties taken by previous shorts. Any Pokémon can appear if it is considered cute enough.

Now you can dismiss all these individually, but together they paint a different picture.
Not really.

You do realize that Complete Forme is Team Flare's objective, right? Once it is unlocked, there is very little reason for things to continue at a slow pace. Your examples aren't comparable at all. You should be comparing it to Groudon/Kyogre, Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram.

XY has changed its pacing time and time again. It isn't always slow or fast.
So in the first 9 episodes all the gang has done is meet Punichan reach Terminus cave, and get split up, as you allude to, there is not much story development in January. Punichan can't even maintain it's 10% form for any period of time, but you believe in 9 episodes, it is going to get back it's power to maintain 10% form, reach 50% form, and maintain it, and reach complete form, Team Flare will catch Z2 and manipulate it to battle alongisde them the gang will face and beat Team Flare, including Alain who so far hasn't been introduced yet, to the main series but shown in the opening siding with Team Flare and fighting Ash. Not to mention the unresolved mystery of Mairins poor Chespie.

All in 9 episodes? Really?

The name change will stay until the generation is over. It isn't limited to Zygarde.
Why have the name change specifically reference Z, when Goodra, Meloetta, Larvitar all had ongoing arcs that didn't change the name. But say you are right, and Zygarde will leave but they still keep the Z name, why does the Z part need to be emphasised in a movie which you believe won't feature Zygarde that much?
Which means very little in light of the liberties taken by previous shorts. Any Pokémon can appear if it is considered cute enough.

Not really.

You keep dismissing individual points but together they form a very clear narrative, and it seems you are unable to provide an alternative, other than just saying "No"

Not to mention the battles with Alan and Shota and then Greninja leaving should be in those 9 episodes.

And the poster means shit because it's not confirmed to be an actual movie short. The movies without Pikachu shorts still had a second poster with the "cute" Pokemon.So you can say " the Pikachu shorts" have random Pokemon in them but you have no proof a short for this movie actually exists.

Why have the name change specifically reference Z, when Goodra, Meloetta, Larvitar all had ongoing arcs that didn't change the name. But say you are right, and Zygarde will leave but they still keep the Z name, why does the Z part need to be emphasised in a movie which you believe won't feature Zygarde that much?
The reason the narrator mentioned Z in the trailer is because the new series is titled XY&Z. Similarly, the narrator started calling Best Wishes -> Best Wishes Season 2 because that was the new series title.

The reason the narrator mentioned Z in the trailer is because the new series is titled XY&Z. Similarly, the narrator started calling Best Wishes -> Best Wishes Season 2 because that was the new series title.

You miss the point, there is a difference between saying XY&Z and

XY.................. AND Z!!!

Real emphasis is placed on the And Z part, there's even a brief pause in between. Why place emphasis on something that would be irrelevant?

Silktree believes the whole Z story will be wrapped up in March, why in an event scheduled for July would they then be still emphasising the Z part if it wasn't relevant. There is a difference between simply saying the tittle, and adding emphasis to a specific part.

Real emphasis is placed on the And Z part, there's even a brief pause in between. Why place emphasis on something that would be irrelevant?
Because this is the first XY&Z movie. The emphasis is there to let people know that this is the first movie of the XY&Z series.

The XY series is over and the XY AND Z series has begun.

It's really not that complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom