• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY119: Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Shōta!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A way they could do this is that Ash beats Sawyer all the time, but Sawyer actually beats Alain one time. Then when they face in the league, it could seem to go either way.

Want to see a Aegislash at the league.
3vs3? dream comes true.

Why do I have the feeling that Ash might get his ass kicked by all four of them (Alain and Diantha obviously), then causes that weird scene with Greninja actually leaving Ash in the OP to happen?

Also, who else would like to see an evolved Salamance and Noivern duke it out?

My, Ash is going to be a busy Combee soon!

I guess I should've known those fillers meant something was coming as they sometimes do...

With the recent data broadcast info it seems Greninja will also lose to Wulfric, what if Ash loses all of these 4 battles? it would make for a great Ash-greninja arc as foreshadowed in the opening.

I see him losing all four, than the Pokemon Village and Wulfric in XY120 with the Snorlax is actually what covers that Ash-Greninja scene from the opening

Sawyer is most likely losing here.

Also I feel like I'm the only one that never expected Clawitzer to float in the anime.

I do wish people would stop banging on about the effing OP animation - it's literally figurative.
I hear you. I also remember there being a tremendous fuss about a Charizard vs Reshiram scene in the Episode N opening. That battle ultimately never happened, nor was it hinted in any previews afaik.
Evidently that wasn't enough. I'm all up for Ash losing all four of these battles (although losing to Sawyer might take a while to digest and accept), but it doesn't neccessarily mean that Greninja will follow this OP to the letter and suddenly grow distant from Ash. If anything, it looks more like a dream sequence.

Well judging by the way Ash-Greninja SLAMMED Sceptile into that wall last time they battled (lol, that Aerial Ace fury), I'm praying Ash wins.

XY is my favourite anime season entirely and has even topped Sinnoh now (imo). If Ash doesn't get Top 4 or above in this league, I'll be pretty annoyed but I don't see them treating it the way they did the Unova league, so yay.

I do wish people would stop banging on about the effing OP animation - it's literally figurative.
Maybe but its not like we had any sort of awareness that we were going to get 4 episodes of focus for just Ash Greninja or Greninja.

Especially when Pokemon Fan pretty much says "The 4 battles of their trial" I don't know what that means, but clearly something IS going to happen.

I suspect that the 'something' is as read: 4 battles in a row. I will be ((probably) pleasantly) surprised if we get any real development off the back of this.

What do you want me to think based on these?Battling, battling, battling; Satoshi collapsing is of course beautiful fanservice, but my expectations for how this is resolved remain low.

What do you want me to think based on these?Battling, battling, battling; Satoshi collapsing is of course beautiful fanservice, but my expectations for how this is resolved remain low.
I can't help but agree. Ash fainting might just end by him being shoved into the Pokemon Center and tended afterwards. Besides, the Ash vs Alain battle will most likely make Ash realize the drawback of Ash Greninja, and since Ash did use it against Diantha, I doubt anything will happen in the Ash vs Alain episode, in the vs Diantha episode, and even in this one. I think the scenes in the opening is likely a red herring like Charizard vs Reshiram was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom