• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY119: Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Shōta!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want me to think based on these?Battling, battling, battling; Satoshi collapsing is of course beautiful fanservice, but my expectations for how this is resolved remain low.
It's not really a fanservice. Ash fainting is only going to cause more bashing on the character from haters. Maybe it is better that Ash-Greninja form stays in the anime because if fainting is the price of using the form then it is not worth having in the games. Hopefully, Ash learns from this experience and becomes careful with it next time.

Nobody is saying anything about the future episodes trailer about goku ash at the beginning of it actually I don't think any of you saw it so what can I say....

Excuse me, I love Satoshi.
I just also love to see my favourite characters tormented.
*sigh*
If only I could be there to administer the first aid </3

The show is about Ash so hating on him is pointless. A fanservice would be if they gave him a legendary or a fossil pokemon.

Who says anyone is hating on Ash when they express the desire to see him faint in battle? I for one am supportive of Ash and have passionating defended Ash in debates with other fans. That doesn't mean I want him winning every battle with his new Ash-Greninja against bigger rivals and foes like Alain and Team Flare. This is all about the stakes and character development. To me, Ash fainting when Ash-Greninja takes too much damages raises the stakes of the plot and if Ash loses all four of the Greninja trial battles, it would almost be certain that he will fall into an angst depression mode (just like he did after the Paul battle late in DP) and such situation would allow him and Greninja to reevaluate and thus reforge themselves into better fighters. As I've stated before, I am a fan of Satoshi/Ash Ketchum as a main character. I just so happen to believe that main characters should suffer quite a lot in their trials and darkest hours so that they may emerge much stronger and wiser than before.

Here is a new summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender. There is also a new image of the episode.

tv160512_pc_index_01.jpg

As Ash and his friends head towards Snowbelle City to get the final gym badge, they once again meet Sawyer at a Pokémon Center along the way. Sawyer, who greatly admires Ash, tells them that he has worked hard towards the single goal of catching up with Ash, and has already collected the badges. Ash decides to have a three-on-three battle with Sawyer to test how strong he has become, but...?

I dont belive Sawyer has Mega evolution if you see him new epsidoes that is comming out
he dosent shown to wear a mega stone for his sceptile
i think Sceptile grown a lot stronger possible might be strong enough to battle against aAsh Grenigna

Excuse me, I love Satoshi.
I just also love to see my favourite characters tormented.
*sigh*
If only I could be there to administer the first aid </3
When they are the weakest they become the strongest! And don't give up!:)

So does this mean Sawyer has all 8 badges? Good for you, Sawyer. I doubt you'll beat Ash here, but good for you!

Now what would be the purpose of this episode if Sawyer doesn't prove himself here? Certainly, there will be twist in this episode for sure.

Well he has secert weapon pokemon Clawister who has mega Luncher that will be the greatest power on Sawyer Side as will be Big suprise for Ash to learn this in battle

Will do massive damage to Ash Pokemon as we seen Ash uses the same pokemon Hawlucha, Pikachu, and Grenigna

He never use Noivern or Talonflame on Sawyer yet

So im guessing Ash will use Pikachu and possilbe Hawlucha again but maybe strongly believe Noivern this time for second battle to prove his power

Possiblabilty that will happen to Ash but Ash Grenignia is munch stronger in this Special Mega Evoultion form so its possible he could win in just one or two hits as it took one powerful attack at this form to toss Sawyer Sceptile to the wall that was amazing battle as Sawyer Sceptiel shown to flitch sensing the power of his rival has

I hope Sawyer gives a surprise and beats Ash here, that would be a twist.

I dont belive Sawyer has Mega evolution if you see him new epsidoes that is comming out
he dosent shown to wear a mega stone for his sceptile
i think Sceptile grown a lot stronger possible might be strong enough to battle against aAsh Grenigna
Maybe sceptile swallowed the megastone? XD

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Clemont: Yūki Kaji

Bonnie: Mariya Ise

Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Greninja: Yūji Ueda

Hawlucha: Shin'ichirō Miki

Noivern: Kenta Miyake

Dedenne: Megumi Satō

Officer Jenny: Chiemi Ishimatsu

Lysandre: Hideaki Tezuka

Xerosic: Tsuguo Mogami

Trainer: Kiyotaka Furushima

Woman executive: Chinatsu Akasaki

Manectric: Kensuke Satō

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Having reunited with Sawyer for the first time in a while, Ash decides to have a three-on-three battle with him. Sawyer has already gathered 8 badges, but just how strong is he now!?

As Ash and his friends head towards Snowbelle City to get the final gym badge, they once again meet Sawyer at a Pokémon Center along the way. Sawyer, who greatly admires Ash, tells them that he has already collected 8 badges. Ash decides to have a three-on-three battle with Sawyer to test how strong he has become, but...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom