• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Your favourite Simpsons Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A lot of people adore this show and its humour, so I thought it'd be fun to share those moments, whether it be quotes, pictures or videos. So share away!
Please spoiler all large images!

17stp0.png

Firstly i'd like to start off by saying that I am still a massive Simpsons fan and I completely disagree with the opinion that the show has declined over time. The jokes are are as glorious as the animation these days.

It's hard to think of specific moments or episodes that stand out because it's all just so good. The episode that always makes me laugh involves the screamapillar, that little story ark made me laugh more than I've ever laughed at the Simpsons. I think the episodes was called The Frying Game.

"Look Marge, Maggie lost her baby legs!"

I'm going to go with the ultra-obvious answer (for me), which is to say, just about any Sideshow Bob quote. Anyone who knows me knows how wholeheartedly I adore the character (I think he's sympathetic, and I have to admire his superciliousness). There's one I particularly love from the episode "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming", which I find can be applied to so many situations: "I renew my objection to this pointless endeavor - informally now, and by affidavit later...time permitting." Although naturally I couldn't do justice to Kelsey's brilliant delivery of that line if I tried.

My favourite non-Bob quote would probably be one from Kodos and Kang (which, again, has multiple uses): "We are merely exchanging long protein strings. If you can think of a simpler way, I'd like to hear it!"

Last edited:
One moment that never fails to make me laugh is during Duffless, when Chief Wiggum is in a costume falls down a hill, begins have fun, but somehow explodes when he hits a tree. Something about the scream he makes at the explosion that really tickles me. Made even better when he appears in the very next scene, perfectly okay.

The start of Treehouse of Horror XV ("Keeping It Kodos" starring Kang) when Kang and Kodos were cooking dinner for their boss, and it turned out that it was the family that was the meal.

I just thought of another one. It was the episode when Homer got fired from the SNPP and joins the navy. Here is a quote from the episode in question:

Smithers: Uh, sir, we found the problem. Some idiot threw this in the
reactor core.
Homer: [sees charred doughnut] Success!
Burns: You did this? How could you be so irresponsible?
Homer: Eh... it's my first day!
Burns: Since I've never seen you before, maybe it is your first day.
Very well, carry on!
[Mr. Burns begins to walk off, when Smithers catches up with him.]
Smithers: Sir, that's Homer Simpson. He's been working here for ten years!
Burns: Ohh, really? Why did you think you could lie to me?
Homer: It's my first day!
Burns: Well, why didn't you say that be...[realizes] Yawoo! You're fired!

The Halloween episode where Bart and Milhouse use a stopwatch to freeze time (like that Twilight Zone episode), I laughed so hard when Homer tried to eat the donuts.

The Halloween episode where Bart and Milhouse use a stopwatch to freeze time (like that Twilight Zone episode), I laughed so hard when Homer tried to eat the donuts.

Not to mention what happened immediately afterwards, when Homer was hiding his shame and Nelson laughed at a naked Homer, before they (Bart and Milhouse) pushed the button on the watch and Nelson appeared naked himself.

Treehouse of Horror VII in the segment "Citizen Kang" when everyone is enslaved.

Marge: I don't understand why we have to build a ray gun to aim at a planet I never even heard of.
Homer: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Might use Homer's line for future protests against our government.

I was on "Simpsons Crazy" and one of the audio tracks there brought back memories from the episode "Marge Gets A Job" at Jack Marley's 'retirement' party and Smithers did a tribute to...Mr Burns. And after the tribute, he was about to say something before Mr. Burns pretty much told him to shut up.

I was on "Simpsons Crazy" and one of the audio tracks there brought back memories from the episode "Marge Gets A Job" at Jack Marley's 'retirement' party and Smithers did a tribute to...Mr Burns. And after the tribute, he was about to say something before Mr. Burns pretty much told him to shut up.

That scene ruined Citizen Kane for me. In fact, there's pretty much nothing in that film that I can take seriously any more thanks to the sheer number of parodies on The Simpsons. :p

Another post from me, but this time I found a funny line from "Children of a Lesser Clod" which brings together both The Simpsons and Pokemon.

Bill Cosby: Now my good man, what do you like to play?
Kid: Pokemon!
Bill Cosby: Pokemon!? Pokemon with the poke and the mon and the thing where the guy comes out of the thing, and he makes a fraaagh fr fra aagh aagh aagh!
Homer: Hehe.. that is the darndest thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom