• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I had another go at Battle Tree Super Multis - this time with Guzma and his Golisopod/Toxicroak. Guzma's Golisopod used Sucker Punch & Aqua Jet so I was rather impressed with its set of priority moves. It was even holding a Life Orb.

But Guzma was practically hated by the RNG gods.

When Golisopod had to go up against a Skarmory, Guzma had it use Rock Slide over and over, despite the move missing every time. On top of that, his Toxicroak spent the entire time on the field either unable to move due to paralysis or missing its Focus Bast when it could move. Both of Guzma's pokemon were killed without landing a single hit.

We lost at the 2nd battle.

Last edited:
So I was battling someone on wi-fi in Moon today with my bug swarm. They had a Genesect, so anticipating it would be the first Pokemon they sent out, I sent in Volcarona. I OHKO'd Genesect with Inferno Overdrive. They sent in Golduck. Naturally, I sent in Golisopod, who was barely scratched by Aqua Tail. And then...
My opponent forfeited.

Decided that I wanted to do my own egglocke, but since I have like only 1 other friend who playsPokemon, who doesn't have anytime to do anything, I had to do all the breeding for it myself. Since I only have 1 2DS, I thought I could transfer all the eggs over through Pokebank. Can't put eggs in Bank... RIP. I did end u just hatching them all and whenever I get my new encounter I have a random number generator spit out a number for me, and whichever Pokemon corresponds to that number, I choose. Still, would have liked at least some extra mystery.

I was going to do some Shiny Stufful SOSing before I had to go to work. I spent 20 minutes looing for one before I had to get ready. When I was walking out of the grass, Stufful. I just put my 2DS in rest mode to get back to it later, but I wasn't in the mood for it after.

Also I learned of that Pokemon Sweet 2th rom hack, and I wanted to play it so I downloaded it for my computer, only to find the gba emulator I was using had a very tiny screen, that wouldn't get any bigger. Like it was the size of the bottom screen on the normal 3DS, but on my computer screen.

Today I decided to play online just for the hell of it. Some battles were won and lost. There was one where I accidentally entered singles and I just wanted to see how I would do. The other person forfeited right away. I'm guessing they accidentally entered singles, too. :ROFLMAO:

However, there is one battle that irked me to no end. Almost all the people I play against are good sports, but I felt the last guy I fought was taunting me. His last Pokemon was a Gliscor with Poison Heal while mine was Milotic down in the red with Aqua Ring in effect. His Gliscor was faster and in full health, so he could have ended it quickly by using Earthquake. He knew that and I knew that. Instead, he was healing himself using Protect and jutting out Substitutes until he decided to end it when my health got into the yellow. I don't care for that behavior at all. It's a big waste of my time and from now on, I just forfeit to prevent something like that from happening again, even if I do have a 1% chance at winning. I used to forfeit only when I knew the other person on the other end was just dragging the clock out and deliberately being awful. If an opponent is winning, I don't want to deprive them of that and I'll finish the game, but no more. I'd rather forfeit than have that happen again.

...who's godamn idea was it to give Wally's Garchomp Sandstorm????

After I finally recruited Wally with his Mega Gallade, I was having a fairly good streak at Super Multis - until the 32nd battle.

We killed off one of the opposing trainer's whole team so we were ganging up 2:1 on the last guy - and he had a Mega Scizor.

Mega Gallade was killed off early in the battle, my Mimikyu died to Bullet Punch from the Mega Scizor. My Mega Lopunny dealt decent damage to the Mega Scizor with Drain Punch.

Until Wally setup Sandstorm - giving the Mega Scizor extra defense AND damaging my pokemon. The Mega Scizor had more than an opportunity to kill both of us.

We lost.

I almost reached a Super Single streak of 30 wins today, but Cynthia hax ruined it. My Suicune was up against her Garchomp and was on the verge of winning, but that Garchomp scored a critical hit with Outrage...

I just hatched a shiny Fennekin!
"But wait, this should go on the Shiny encounter thread, or the HAHAHAHA Moments thread, right?"
NO! I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET AN HA FEMALE FENNEKIN, NOT A SHINY ONE! SO THE SHINY DOESN'T HAVE THE EGG MOVE I WANT!
Oh well, guess can't complain too much...

Trying to breed a decent Classic!Sandslash in SM, since you need an Everstone, which locks that parent out of a Destiny Knot or Power item to move IVs around, which just makes it so much harder. Which is why I left my standard for this one even lower than usual.

I'm doing an SOS Battle with a Cleffa so that it'll call in a Clefairy so I don't need to spend the time to evolve it into one. Then the Clafairy appears and I'm like "awesome", and go to take out the Cleffa because of the "It's impossible to aim with two Pokemon" bullshit, and the f*cking Clefairy uses Follow Me. So I wind up slaughtering the thing I was trying to catch, and now I have to wait for a new one to show up so I can try to catch that one.

Playing AS, trying to catch Kyogre, realising Kyogre knows Aqua Ring... "Welp, best get comfortable."

Looking back, I can think of a few ways to counteract Aqua Ring. At the time, though? The most frustrating design decision ever made by whoever programmed it lmao.

If you think that's bad, try going after Tapu Fini. Ugh. I had heard that Tapu Bulu was bad but he hopped in a Timer ball and stayed. Talk Fini was a nightmare of epic proportions. It got to the point that I started killing her and laughing before I reset the game.

Oh yeah, I got vicious. I began taunting her, saying, "You want to die? Because I will kill you if you DON'T STAY IN THE BALL." Then she'd pop off an Aqua Ring and I'd say, "Death it is, then." And I would laugh and flip her off when she'd faint.

I was so glad when I finally caught her. Definitely one of my bigger FUUUUU~!! moments.

Four words: Audino, Attract, Secret Power. Considering that Audino is what you'd call a pinata enemy in BW/B2W2 (due to the high EXP yield), and are very easy to find for quick grinding, at higher levels they can be menaces when they combine Attract with a sleep-inducing Secret Power. I've used up a lot of healing items just dealing with them, and half of the time I'm not actually looking to fight them. More often than not, I'm trying to scare up the other "rarities" that the shaking grass gives, but I'm also not one to pass up a quick LV Up either (especially since Gen V "bosses" tend to be quite tough, so you need the extra boost whenever you can get it). Cue double-edged sword scenarios. Makes me wonder if GF did that intentionally just to spite players who hunt Audino down, because if they did, they did a good job.

This one is retty much universal:

You're winning the battle and your opponent ragequits. The only reasonable reason to ragequit is if your opponent's stalling you to death to the point you might end up wearing the timer out.

Last edited:
When I was eight, I had made it to the Ice Path in my Silver version. Unfortunately, for the life of me I could not get past the final slide puzzle. Since the Internet wasn't as advanced as today and YouTube wasn't a resource, I remember asking my mother, grandmother and uncle to all try for me-I was only met with confused and disdainful retorts. Because of that, I had never gotten to Clair, the Elite Four and Lance by extension. My journey with Typhlosion, Jumpluff, Lantern and the rest of my team came to a sad, premature end. I didn't even know it was possible to visit Kanto and actually battle Red until word of mouth, several years later from a kid's guidebook I examined at a Kindercare.

It didn't help matters that another kid had stolen my Silver version prior at my cousin's house (so I never got to advance with my newfound knowledge), but that's besides the point. The FUUUU moment was definitely that cold, Ice Path.

I just moved a shit-ton of boxes around in Pokémon Bank for like half an hour, only to receive the message "Communication ended due to an error" when I wanted to save.

Other than that, encountering a Shiny Zangoose in a horde of Seviper was pretty much the most rage-inducing experience I've ever had in a Pokémon game.

I was helping someone who lives in a Philippines to get a Marshadow by giving him one of the codes I got from Gamestop almost two weeks before. When I gave him the code in Facebook messager, the code didn't work even though I just scratched it. We thought that there's a mistake, so I resent the code with the mistake fixed, still doesn't work. I asked about where his Pokemon Moon came from and he said that his store gets games from the US, so the code should work. We broke down different options to make sure that there's no issues with his game and 3DS, and everything was perfectly fine. We quickly realized that someone had stolen the code by pressing random numbers and letters until they got the right one. I was mildly annoyed about the code being stolen and apologized for what happened, he said it was fine and was thankful of me for trying to help and we didn't know that this had happened until we started using the code. At least I got a Marshadow in both my Sun and Moon games, and two other unused Marshadow codes, and that the guy has a friend who can give him a Marshadow.

We thought that there's a mistake, so I resent the code with the mistake fixed, still doesn't work. I asked about where his Pokemon Moon came from and he said that his store gets games from the US, so the code should work. We broke down different options to make sure that there's no issues with his game and 3DS, and everything was perfectly fine.
Did you also question which region his 3DS is from? I'm pretty sure that there is not change between the ROMs from any region, and what would change is just the stickers. Instead, what actually matters is where the 3DS came from, which may have been an european one.
Unless the message that appeared was that the code was already used. Then, yeah, someone got really lucky.

Did you also question which region his 3DS is from? I'm pretty sure that there is not change between the ROMs from any region, and what would change is just the stickers. Instead, what actually matters is where the 3DS came from, which may have been an european one.
This is what the guy's friend in the same Facebook messager chat said that night.
I doubt that's the case. They only sell US version copies in is PH since 3DS units sold here are US ver too. The code worked just fine for me. Maybe someone just entered a random code the same as that code.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom