• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Preferred New Main Character

Wishy-Washy

Reaction score
A thread asking what your preferred main character would be like instead of Ash.

Last edited:
As in an Ash replacement?

I'd want a rookie with a rough start like Ash had (unlike May and Dawn except for brief periods), but I wouldn't want a walking shonen trope. His weakness would lie in confidence issues which would be resolved along the way.

And his storyline would be wrapped up in a single region...

As in an Ash replacement?

I'd want a rookie with a rough start like Ash had (unlike May and Dawn except for brief periods), but I wouldn't want a walking shonen trope. His weakness would lie in confidence issues which would be resolved along the way.

And his storyline would be wrapped up in a single region...

If it's a new character, I want a female (for a change) who starts with an Eevee.

I don't think we need NEW character.
We actually have some wonderful, but missing in action or just undeveloped characters. Moreover- I'd Love to see a group of main characters instead of just one...like in DigiAdventure.
Brock
Dawn
Misty
Max
May
Gary
Tracey
TRio
Misty's sisters
Maybe Serena
And every episode focused on another character (but they should cooperate of course :D )

Assuming we can't use Red, I wouldn't mind seeing Leaf as a main character, or maybe Ethan if we start it in Johto. If we can have an ensemble cast, though, I would like:
Leaf
Ethan
Dawn
Brock
May
Calem
Serena
Sun
Moon
Lillie
Bill (appears infrequently at first, but becomes a main character in the second half of the season)
Lusamine (as the penultimate villain, though I would make it clear later on that her villainy is solely due to Nihilego's neurotoxins)

There could be some rivalries but they would all have to work together to solve the main issue for the season/series, which for this one would be the the Ultra Beasts.

How about none.
I think the Pokemon Anime doesn’t do much. I just think it should end. If it does I will be so happy.

Hmm… you know, I would actually like to see a series featuring Max. That kid has waited for so many years to become a Pokémon Trainer, and having a series dedicated to him would be so nice.

If not Max, then maybe Bonnie. Basically, any child character of the cast could become the next main hero, if they don't want to simply pick a random stranger. It would be both refreshing and further expand on their stories.

Sure, I'd be all over a series with Leaf/Kris as the protagonist. This is strictly hypothetical...
Actually, that’s a good observation. No female character sticks with Ash more then 2 regions. Also, I just don’t like Pikachu that much. At least compared to other Pokemon.

Any of the other PC's from the games, preferably the females. I would have loved to see May, Serena, or Selene as main characters :D
I would like to see their darker-skinned varients or personalities that are different. I could imagine Moon as being a girl suffering from depression who is bullied a lot(#Relatable. We all know someone like that ap).

Red, Gold/Ethan, Brenden, Lucas, Hilbert, Nate, Calem, Sun, and more in upcoming generations.

All they need to do is just insert a personality and background into these characters that is not the same as Ash's.

I would like to see their darker-skinned varients or personalities that are different. I could imagine Moon as being a girl suffering from depression who is bullied a lot(#Relatable. We all know someone like that ap).

Oh yes, this definitely. I was so disappointed that they went for the default version of Serena in the anime. And heck even her, along with Calem, Sun, and Moon in the manga. I mean, c'mon, the first time a character isn't stuck in one default appearance, and they don't even take advantage of it. :(

Oh yes, this definitely. I was so disappointed that they went for the default version of Serena in the anime. And heck even her, along with Calem, Sun, and Moon in the manga. I mean, c'mon, the first time a character isn't stuck in one default appearance, and they don't even take advantage of it. :(
Technically they did show you could change a character’s outfit.
81px-Serena_XY.png
Original

107px-Serena_XY2.png
New
But still...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom