• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V: Xyz Dimension Mafia - Endgame - 23/1/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of #46. Literally, what exactly exists that makes it so we should "believe" that you're cop pushing scumcheck results when you've given reasons for actual lynches on other people and said nothing about jack?
Because:
A. That was more questions for you to answer than reasons for a lynch, as you might guess from the lack of vote or lynch pushing? Now go on and answer them, if you would? (If the others would also answer my questions, and/or answer for why they ignored what I said, that also would be appreciated, thanks~)
B: I had a scum check (the first time I could have any check) and I outed it to avoid town probably losing that phase? What should I have waited for, a NL and the possibility that I would be killed without getting to share my check, much less get any others?
Also, why are you questioning me the night after I outed and killed a scum PR and probably will be killed?

Because:
A. That was more questions for you to answer than reasons for a lynch, as you might guess from the lack of vote or lynch pushing? Now go on and answer them, if you would? (If the others would also answer my questions, and/or answer for why they ignored what I said, that also would be appreciated, thanks~)
B: I had a scum check (the first time I could have any check) and I outed it to avoid town probably losing that phase? What should I have waited for, a NL and the possibility that I would be killed without getting to share my check, much less get any others?
Also, why are you questioning me the night after I outed and killed a scum PR and probably will be killed?

I'm questioning you because why would you have targeted jackatlasred?

How/Why was Human "doing something"/generating activity with an unexplained vote? Why, indeed, does his being the second voter put him in a better position than Cheff?

I already said; Timing. I don't think scum would have just sheeped a second vote on a player with no effort or consideration, since that seems like a fair and simple way to add pressure. A third vote, putting someone at the potential for a turbo, using the exact same method as an already used vote, is really lame. Assuming it's coming from town, it's not beneficial to town at all. I have no idea why cheff just blind-voted, and when we finally did get clarity, it was faulty reasoning that implied that cheff wasn't really paying attention to the current state of the game. HD's vote occurred 2nd, but didn't require as much justification because at that point, any justification would've been on little more than gut or hunch given the timing.

There is still a chance that this was a mafia plan all along, but that seems very slim to me. It's also interesting how you ask why HC is cofirmed town, yet don't ask the same for CoG, even though I did not mention him as a suspect.

You're not claiming cop. Your answer isn't relevant in this case. Are you claiming cop now too?

I'm questioning you because why would you have targeted jackatlasred?

I already said; Timing. I don't think scum would have just sheeped a second vote on a player with no effort or consideration, since that seems like a fair and simple way to add pressure. A third vote, putting someone at the potential for a turbo, using the exact same method as an already used vote, is really lame. Assuming it's coming from town, it's not beneficial to town at all. I have no idea why cheff just blind-voted, and when we finally did get clarity, it was faulty reasoning that implied that cheff wasn't really paying attention to the current state of the game. HD's vote occurred 2nd, but didn't require as much justification because at that point, any justification would've been on little more than gut or hunch given the timing.

You're not claiming cop. Your answer isn't relevant in this case. Are you claiming cop now too?

Because I chose to.

So you think scum would put themselves out there with a very noticable yet unexplained vote that exposed them to the kind of pressure that Cheff got without any plan to defend themselves? And that scum wouldn't try to slip in on a second vote banking on a free pass from reasoning like yours?

Why does that invalidate his thoughts at all? And "claiming" cop, you say, do you doubt it after I just severely hurt mafia?

Because I chose to.

"I scanned jack because i wanted to". What, did you random.org him?

So you think scum would put themselves out there with a very noticable yet unexplained vote that exposed them to the kind of pressure that Cheff got without any plan to defend themselves? And that scum wouldn't try to slip in on a second vote banking on a free pass from reasoning like yours?

I think it's a mistake that lots of people make when they're not used to being scum, so I think it is a fair possibility

Why does that invalidate his thoughts at all? And "claiming" cop, you say, do you doubt it after I just severely hurt mafia?

The invalidated part is "It's also interesting how you ask why HC is cofirmed town, yet don't ask the same for CoG, even though I did not mention him as a suspect.", because I'm pointing my finger at you because you're claiming cop with the results that you claimed. I in no way think CoG is confirmed town and don't know why anyone would assume that I think that. I want to know why the cop claim is automatically confirmed town just for outing a scum result.

No I don't claim cop. I can say that CoG is town through outside communication.

Also, I agree on this statement.

"I scanned jack because i wanted to". What, did you random.org him?

I think it's a mistake that lots of people make when they're not used to being scum, so I think it is a fair possibility

The invalidated part is "It's also interesting how you ask why HC is cofirmed town, yet don't ask the same for CoG, even though I did not mention him as a suspect.", because I'm pointing my finger at you because you're claiming cop with the results that you claimed. I in no way think CoG is confirmed town and don't know why anyone would assume that I think that. I want to know why the cop claim is automatically confirmed town just for outing a scum result.
And if I did? The scum roleblocker is dead, so whether I chose him, RNG'd him, or had his name come to me in a prophetic dream, would scum throw away their roleblocker, not to mention their numbers, on the edge of victory? Why at all would I pull that as scum when town was likely to mislynch and end it right there?

Okay.

Fair enough, but see above for what you're missing or ignoring.

Endgame

Grace started her Battle Phase: "Battle! Amazoness Empress, attack Heavy-Armored Train Iron Wolf!"
Allen was defeated as well.

Dear CheffOfGames, you are Allen Kozuki.

You are one of the survivors of the Invasion of Heartland. However you have been treated as fodder while dueling in the series.

As a result you are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely!

You are allied with the town and win when all threats to it have been eliminated while at least one of its members is alive.
CheffOfGames was killed. He was Allen Kozuki, Vanilla Town

Upon seeing Allen defeated, another Duelist showed up. His name was Kaito.
"ALLEN! There's no way I'll forgive someone who defeated a Clover Branch Student! I'll defeat that Duelist of Academia, for the Resistance!"
[...]
"Neo Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, attack Amazoness Empress!"
Grace was now defeated as well.

Dear Elieson, you are Grace Tyler.

You are one of Academia's Tyler Sisters, sent by the Professor to eliminate the Lancers in Xyz Dimension and their allies alongside your twin sister, Gloria. You seem to be the calm and collected one of the two, who'd rather inspect and research a bit before rushing head-on.

As a result, you are the 1x Rolecop. One night in the game, you can select a person and attempt to learn what their role is.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all threats to it have been eliminated and at least one of its members is alive.
Elieson was killed. He was Grace Tyler, Mafia 1x Roleblocker

And with that, the Duel ended, with Kaito, Shun and Sayaka as winners.

Dear Hellcrow, you are Shun Kurosaki.

You are a battle-hardened survivor of the Invasion of Heartland who later crossed dimensions to find clues about the people that destroyed your home and caused your beloved young sister ,Ruri, to go missing. After so many years in the battlefield, you are good at finding out which people are enemies and which aren't.

As a result, you are the 1x Cop. Once night in the game, you can select a person and attempt to learn their alignment.

You are allied with the town and win when all threats to it have been eliminated while at least one of its members is alive.
Hellcrow has won the game! He was Shun Kurosaki, Town 1x Cop
Dear WolfOwl, you are Kaito Tenjo.

You are the Xyz Legacy Character (as in, character taken from a previous Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, in this case Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL). Just like in ZEXAL, you are willing to eliminate people to further your goals.

As a result, you are the 1x Vig. Once in the game, during the night phase, you can select a person and attempt to kill them.

WolfOwl has won the game! She was Kaito Tenjo, Town 1x Vig
Dear HumanDawn DarthWolf13, you are Sayaka Sasayama.

You are one of the survivors of the Invasion of Heartland. However you have been treated as fodder while dueling in the series.

As a result you are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely!

DarthWolf13 has won the game! He was Sayaka Sasayama, Vanilla Town

Congratulations to town for winning the game!

Endgame questions:
Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the balance and style of only 1x power roles?
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Would you participate in another ARC-V series game in the future?

As for my own thoughts on the game... wow. Those phase lengths... HYPER-MAJORITY and All Night Actions rule can really make this a thing.
Town did well but mafia was extremely unlucky with the 1x Cop and 1x Vig being used on mafia. There wasn't ANY OC that I know of (just PM'd Darth to clarify what he meant about OC'ing with CoG since I never got logs for that). I expected OC balance-wise, and definitely not the swing we got... also mafia just really have time to do a thing. Oh well, it happens in small games I guess.

Balance-wise, I had stronger roles than 1x with 2 extra Vanilla (Gong and Shingo) as well as Edo Phoenix as an Indep Namecop/1x Vig that had to take Yuya down. All these roles were cut so I tried to turn the game into a role-light 7p.
If this were to stay 5p I had Dethy in mind; Yuya as Sane Cop, Shun as Insane Cop, Shingo as Naive Cop, Kaito as Paranoid Cop and Edo as the lone mafia.

Last edited:
@Zexy seriously why is yuya always a doc and why do you keep giving me roles like doc and vig in these games? Thanks for hosting btw :)
Because Yuya is the kind of guy who's good at protecting his friends. At least you didn't get Yuya this time lol. You're welcome :)

Great move @WolfOwl, congrats to you and the rest of town for winning this game.

Endgame questions:
Did you enjoy the game?

As for my own thoughts on the game... wow. Those phase lengths... HYPER-MAJORITY and All Night Actions rule can really make this a thing.
Town did well but mafia was extremely unlucky with the 1x Cop and 1x Vig being used on mafia. There wasn't ANY OC that I know of (just PM'd Darth to clarify what he meant about OC'ing with CoG since I never got logs for that). I expected OC balance-wise, and definitely not the swing we got... also mafia just really have time to do a thing. Oh well, it happens in small games I guess.

It was ok, it was too short for my liking (guess that's what you get with a small group and only having played 1 game before with 15 players).
It's interesting, we were very lucky to hit the mafia. I can understand 2x Vanilla, but I think player wise it's less fun.
I don't think a change is needed.
Most likely.

On the note of the OC, I will answer you in our PM and if you like I will post it here as well.

Thank you @WolfOwl for putting me out of my misery. I didn't anticipate a 1x Vig in this setup, and sure didn't act like it.

Though I LEGIT WAS DOING MY DAUGHTER'S BDAY PARTY SEEEE

931ea7a755.png

I'd have cut the Vig and called it a game, to prevent the game from imploding immediately (scum could've lost theoretically entering D2 and that's borderline historic for scumbeatdowns).

T'was a nice game, albeit short. Sorry for kinda poofing this weekend. Wasn't the best time for me and it showed.

Endgame questions:
Did you enjoy the game?

I did enjoy it, it just was a little short to my taste.
The 1x power roles balanced the game and made it that no team was really overpowered.
As I said in my first answer I would like the game to be a bit longer but it was a pretty fun game.
I myself wouldn't join another ARC-V game because I'm not there yet in the series ant that's why I probably missed a large amount of understanding in regards of the flavor text.

I hope this helps you host even better games in the future.

Thanks for the feedback.

The game was short because of the number of players and the really early Day 2 HYPER-MAJORITY. The former couldn't have been fixed as we can't control how many players sign in while the latter I still prefer having around as not having it makes lots of games to drag on...
It's interesting, we were very lucky to hit the mafia. I can understand 2x Vanilla, but I think player wise it's less fun.
It is needed for balance reasons, though; it's too hard to give PRs to anybody, it's too hard for mafia to fakeclaim if need be when the town has not enough Vanilla, also if a person who is enough into ARC-V were to "lead" a town, which I could see happening, they would understand that the had to be a pair; Gong/Shingo and/or Allen/Sayaka. In the original version there wouldn't be a need to point out anything like that but in this cut version I "killed off" Gong/Shingo in the FT to show that only the other pair of VTs might be around.
I'd have cut the Vig and called it a game, to prevent the game from imploding immediately (scum could've lost theoretically entering D2 and that's borderline historic for scumbeatdowns).
Your 7p had full Cop and Doc without mafia roles; a 1x Cop 1x Doc having to deal with 1x Rolecop and 1x Roleblock would be too weak.
Although this one is OC which I counted as pro-town for balance.

Last edited:
Well that was quick, I liked it, well what there was to enjoy.
Thanks to the host and @Elieson for being my partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom