• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Z-Moves: Do you even use them?

I use them in a boss fight if I'm struggling and sometimes in a random encounter with lots of calls for help. I like them way more then Megas.

I've only ever used the Z-crystal for Incineroar (in case I want to defeat a Pokemon quickly). I haven't been using the Z-crystals much because I like being able to hold items, but maybe I should try more of them out.

Most of my party has Z-crystals. Only Decidueye and Solgaleo have not got one. Decidueye is carrying Amulet Coin so I earn more money.

I'd stick to using them with status moves like Parting Shot (Alolan Persian) or Conversion (Porygon-Z) for the additional effects they grant.

I find them incredibly useful to get out of tedious battles by one-shotting particularly irritating pokemon (stallers such as Clefairy and Clefable and the like)

I also like using the Z-move for Decidueye because the animation for it is super awesome.

I've been using them almost non-stop since I got to Akala. At first I only had a few Pokemon that were compatible with the crystals I had, meaning I was pretty much just stuck with stat Z-Moves. Since I've been making more progress and beating more Trial Captains, more of my team members now have Z-Crystals that can benefit them. Since, I'm also a bit under-leved, I tend to use them a lot against Totems and major trainers.

I made it through a majority of the game without using them, but I was forced to use them in the E4 out of desperation. After all, when they are using them and pretty much have a guaranteed 1HKO on you, it only makes things fair.

Z moves didn't excite me at first but I ended up using them quite a lot.

I've used them more than what I thought I would.

Finishing a trial/boss fight with a Z move just feels so fitting, like a grand finale.

Somehow I never found myself defending against Z-Moves all that often. Only in 3 Kahuna battles did they use them, and I think in 1 or 2 trainer battles they also had a Z-Ring. Even during the E4 the only one who used one against me was the Champion. I wonder if there's a certain requirement for them to use the moves?

I don't use them that much. The only Pokémon in my party who has a Z-Crystal is Primarina, and I only use her Z-move for Pokémon that I'm having an extremely tough time with. I'll probably need to change that hough since I still haven't battled the Elite Four.

I'm not a big fan of the Z-Moves, so those Crystals have stayed in my bag during the whole game. I hope playing competitively without them is possible too, I just really don't want to use them ^^;

I usually just use Stoked Sparksurfer or Oceanic Operetta to make sure I take out opponents, but I'm hoping to work up a strategy for the fun status moves.

I dont think I even tried them until somewhere in the middle of Akala. The animations prior to the move itself take waaaaay too bloody long and I think the trainer moves to use them are incredibly silly, and not in a good way. Thus, I barely use them. I much preferred mega evo since the changes applied to all of that Pokemon's moves, not just ones that match the Z-crystal being used

I'm not a big fan of the Z-Moves, so those Crystals have stayed in my bag during the whole game. I hope playing competitively without them is possible too, I just really don't want to use them ^^;

don't worry about it only a handful of comp teams incorporate z-moves at all (and even then it's usually z-memento, z-conversion, or z-sandstorm or something like that, not an actual attack)

Z-Moves are definitely one of my favorite features, if not my favorite features of Sun and Moon. And having beaten Sun and now in the middle of Moon, I can officially say that I'm a huge Z-Move user. All Pokemon in my party always hold Z-Crystals, whether they're temporary members or not. And just like before, I mainly use them for hard bosses like Totems, Kahunas, E4, and other major trainers. In Sun, all of my Pokemon used Z-Moves that matched their types (Torracat used Inferno Overdrive, Togedemaru used Corkscrew Crash, etc) since it was my first time using them. In Moon, I'm trying to be a bit more different and have my Pokemon use Z-Crystals that aren't their types for more diversity.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom