• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Katiya

Dialga-Obsessed
Reaction score
I just checked out a thread I posted in, but I checked it with IE instead of Firefox. I could see my signature but not my avatar, and my signature (which is supposed to have a transparent background) doesn't have a transparent background at all. When I'm browsing the forums using Firefox, I can't see any avatars or signatures at all. I know that some other people are having the same problem. Some people's signatures/avs do actually have transparent areas.

How come this has happened? Can other people see my av and sig?

I use IE and I can see your sig but not your avvie.

Same as ^

I can always see Siggies, but Avvies rarely show up... (I get a little red cross in the upper left corner of where the Avvie should be, and it says"*Username*'s avatar" next to the cross) I do not get this problem if the user's Avvie is a preset one, odd...

Maybe the problem lies that your using IE which doesn't fully support .PNG, perhaps any FF/Opera users can say if they see the image with a white border.

Out of interest Katiya...do you have the latest version of Firefox? What addons do you have? The IE problem seems to be with PNG support (of which none of the preset ones are), but with a current version of Firefox, I don't know why you'd be getting those errors too.

I have a problem with the avatars and signatures, but its not because they show up.
every time i try to add a signature or avatar the computer either says this is not a valid image or this bmp has an inncorecct file extension. I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using Opera, and recently (as of today) my signature and a few others aren't showing up. Some are though.

Torgetsu:
So your picture is a bmp? You might want to save the file as a PNG file, that may be part of the problem. It'll cut down on the size of the file and make it easier to upload.

I believe there is a size constraint for the image also. Make sure it's 100x100 pixels. For Signature images, you need to go get the image hosted at some other site first, like image shack or your service provider. Hope that helps some.
--

For craig, I just want to say it's probably opera's problem, not bulbagarden. Probably you don't have to worry about it, but maybe someone else knows a little bit more on the issue.

Torgetsu:
So your picture is a bmp? You might want to save the file as a PNG file, that may be part of the problem. It'll cut down on the size of the file and make it easier to upload.

I believe there is a size constraint for the image also. Make sure it's 100x100 pixels. For Signature images, you need to go get the image hosted at some other site first, like image shack or your service provider. Hope that helps some.
--

For craig, I just want to say it's probably opera's problem, not bulbagarden. Probably you don't have to worry about it, but maybe someone else knows a little bit more on the issue.

u do know im only finishing middle schoo so you may need to explain it better. How do you get it on a png file:confused:

and is image shack a website?

not trying to be rude but if someone could help me in a way i understand, it would help. its not u its me.

I kind-a wish I was in Windows XP because it'd be easier to understand so bare with me! :p
Okay, so I meant you go to MS paint and you select Save As. In the drop down underneath the file name it should give you a list of file types. Originally it will say bmp, but here you can change the type to gif, jpeg, png, and many other types.

I just told you to use PNG because it doesn't change the appearance of the image after you save it while being small in size.

I'm having trouble with my avatar too. I'm using Internet Explorer. The avatar is a PNG file, is that why it's not working? If that's it, how can I fix it?

I've never had trouble with PNG files before. In fact, my signature's a PNG and I can still see that.

Thanks Bell02. i finally have an avatar! my signature though is still not up but soon. now if only i could see my avatar

I've been having the same problems too. I can see my sig just fine, but last night I tried uploading a new avatar, but it wouldn't show up. This is very odd I must say. I don't get what's the problem here with PNG files.

The issue would appear to (from my rather limited knowledge of these things) be either in how IE tries to interpret the avatar files from how they're stored in the database, or in how the server itself is presenting that data to individual browsers. Sigs aren't impacted, because the image isn't hosted by us.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom