• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How many of you would buy Japanese DVDs of the Pokemon series if they were availiable

Would you buy Japanese DVDs of the Pokemon series?

• Yes

Votes: 44 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
Most TV-Y7 DVDs only come w/ the English track because, y'know, kids don't like to read when they don't have to. (Not my opinion, but the popular one)
I don't see why that'd be an issue, though. I mean, most DVDs are set so that "Play All" will play the English version with no subtitles.

The PUSA dub is practically uncut as it is (there have only been all of, what, two paint edits? Most of the cuts seem to be CN), so I don't see why they couldn't put the Japanese version on there. They already have the translated script, after all.

I'd love to have Japanese Diamond & Pearl... not that I ever expect it to be released =/

The PUSA dub is practically uncut as it is (there have only been all of, what, two paint edits? Most of the cuts seem to be CN)

It's highly unlikely CN is responsible for any edits to the show.

It's highly unlikely CN is responsible for any edits to the show.
Actually, there have been two major cuts so far made to Diamond & Pearl that I can think of. One was the Giovanni-in-speedos boss fantasy, and the other was the cold opening for the Drifloon episode.

And both of those showed up in the Australian airings.

Wait, so that scary Giovanni fantasy was in the Austalian airing?

*hopes for it to be on the DVD release*

I stand corrected then. Since Meowth talked about getting the honey to eat instead of attracting Pokemon, I figured it was a PUSA edit. Do you know if the line is still the same, or does Meowth correctly talk about wanting the honey to attract Pokemon?

Most TV-Y7 DVDs only come w/ the English track because, y'know, kids don't like to read when they don't have to. (Not my opinion, but the popular one)

It's also the opinion of the 21-year-old that typed this post.

Also, because I, y'know... don't speak Japanese, so I could care less about Japanese audio.

Actually, there have been two major cuts so far made to Diamond & Pearl that I can think of. One was the Giovanni-in-speedos boss fantasy, and the other was the cold opening for the Drifloon episode.

And both of those showed up in the Australian airings.

I haven't seen the Giovanni one (because I haven't seen that episode), but I've seen the Drifloon cold opening in the UK version, too. So the Giovanni thing is probably in the UK, too. But the thing is, in the UK it shows on CN anyway! XD

Even though I already have the entire first season on imported VHS, I'd be all over it like stink on poop xD Unfortunately, I just don't think it's going to happen - the only way they might is to market it as "nostalgia" to all the people who grew up on the show and might be curious. As it is now, they probably wouldn't want your random soccer mom buying it for her kids and getting "confused." I mean, I don't know, I read that somewhere awhile back, so it could be wrong.

Sure I'd buy them, specially the ones from Hoenn-Battle Frontier because the English translation during these seasons sucked big time! The guy who dubbed Ash was frequently saying this to Pikachu:

Right buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddy?

Why not just come with a better sentence that takes all the talking time instead of prolonging certain words... they just sound embarassing.

Weren't all the English dub actors for Ash female? Forgot about that. In any case, those seasons I mentioned did have some bad dub / line quality =/

Veronica dubbed Ash for Seasons 1-8, I never had a problem with her calling Pikachu "buddy."

Another vote for subs.

Veronica was pretty good, never said she was bad if you read my post correctly, the dub lines just got longer and dull during the start of the Battle Frontier or they had some problems dubbing them to fit the entire talking time.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom