• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon Moves

Ice Spike
Type: Ice
Category: Status
PP: 10
+4 priority
The User cover itself in spikes made of Ice. If the user is hit by a super-effective move the attacker gets direct damage equal to the damage received by the user, even if the latter faints. Subsequent uses have an increased chance to fail.

What I'm trying to do here is countering the many weakness of the Ice type by having a risk in using super effective moves against Ice types. Might be a bit too overpowered.

Last edited:
I'm making a pokemon game concept of my own and here are some of my favorite moves that I have created:

Move: Turbine Shot
Type: Flying
Category: Special
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100
Description: A strong gale is generated and shot at the opponent.

Move: Lightning Rush
Type: Electric
Category: Physical
Power: 90
Accuracy: 90
Description: Charges at the enemy with the force of a lightning bolt. May paralyze target

Move: Wind Tunnel
Type: Flying
Power: --
Description: Traps enemy in a wind tunnel. Prevents target from using physical moves for three turns and they are levitating. Doesn’t work on ingrained targets or targets with suction cups

Move: Chi Block
Type: Fighting
Power: --
Description: User halts the flow of chi in target, preventing them from using special attacks for three turns. Target cannot be inflicted with status and all draining moves will fail.

Move: Ancient Fire
Type: Fire
Power: 75
Description: Shoots rainbow-colored fire at the opponent that burns on water. Super effective on water types.

Move: Bark Smother
Type: Grass
Description: Covers opponent in fire-resistant bark. Super-effective on fire types.

Move: Saline Stream
Type: Water
Description: Shoots salty water at opponent that can’t be absorbed. Super effective on grass types.

Move: Boulder Barrage
Type: Rock
Power: 95
Description: Basically what stone edge used to look like in the anime. May lower speed.

Move: Glass Cannon
Power: 70
Accuracy: 85
Description: User shoots a ball of glass at the target. This spreads glass around the opposing side that has a chance to do slight damage when a pokemon switches in or uses an attack

Move: Glass Punch
Power: 70
Accuracy: 85
Description: User accumulates glass on its first and punches the opponent. This spreads glass around the opposing side that has a chance to do slight damage when a pokemon switches in or uses an attack

Move: Sinful Surge
Type: Ghost
Power: 110
Description: User charges through target using evil energy. Has a 30% chance to lay a curse on itself

Can someone help me think up a Pokémon move for an electric type squirrel? Cause I’m trying to write a story while using someone else fakemon. Of the squirrel cause it’s tail curl around its body and it rolls to generate electricity. And I’m trying to think of some moves that basically replace Iron tail and for it to use an electric type move for it to roll. I would love to have your help on this please

Fireball Circus from Unbroken Bonds Blacephalon should be a multi-hit Fire move in the games. The name just sounds like it would make for a fun visual. Perhaps something like...

en_US-SM10-032-blacephalon.jpg

Move: Fireball Circus
Power: 25
Accuracy: 75%
Description: The user juggles multiple fireballs into the air, then lobs them at the target. This move hits two to five times in a row.

The lower accuracy is meant to reflect the skill of juggling, and to balance out Fire's offensive ability against more reliable multihits like Bullet Seed and Pin Missile. It's Physical and not Special because the "throw" is key to the move's concept. (It would match Water Shuriken, had that move not been changed to better fit Greninja.)

It would probably be distributed to humanoid Fire types that don't hold anything else in their hands and are not also Fighting type. Hands are important to the move's concept, and Fighting types have better things to do. (Maybe also not Typhlosion either, because it doesn't have elbows.) Creatures like Delphox conceptually use their associated object to attack, and Delphox can just use Mystical Fire instead of an inaccurate move like this.

Some prankster style Pokemon like Hoopa or performers like Mr. Mime could conceivably learn it too. I could even see Spinda and Aipom. (They all learn Fire Punch anyway, so balance is unaffected.)

Okay, so I have seen someone mention a move before in a different thread, I don't remember who but here it is:

Move: Fusion Plasma
Type: Electric
PP: 5
Power: 100
Accuracy: 100%
Description: The user combines the power of electricity and fire to strike the target with powerful plasma. Has a 30% chance to raise its Attack or Special Attack.

This move is meant to be the combined version of Fusion Flare or Fusion Bolt, with the chance of raising Attack or Special Attack to emulate how Fusion Flare can double the base power of Fusion Bolt, and how Fusion Bolt can also double the base power of Fusion Flare. This move is Complete Kyurem's signature move and will take the same spot as Scary Face/Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt

This next move is one I came up with on my own:

Move: Plasma Blast
PP: 5
Power: 130
Accuracy: 85%
Description: The user launches explosive plasma made of combined electricity and fire at the target. Has a 20% chance of inflicting the target with a burn or paralysis.

This move is meant to be the combined version of Blue Flare and Bolt Strike, it's Complete Kyurem's second signature move that takes the same slot as Glaciate/Ice Burn/Freeze Shock. The move's ability to either burn or paralyze the target is basically how Blue Flare and Ice Burn both have a chance to burn the target, and Bolt Strike and Freeze Shock both have a chance to paralyze the target.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom