• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could change one thing about these games (good or bad), what would you change?

How's the gameplay at its best?

There are fewer endgame activities than past titles. The world is empty and shallow. I put a couple of hundred hours into SV and it surely has its enjoyable parts, but if you don't PvP there's not much to do. Raid battles are frustrating and a mediocre feature, at best.
Open worlds are simply that engaging, to me anyway. And a lot of the battles are pretty challenging.

hope it's okay for me to comment here when i've only watched it, not played, but i'd bring back the individual elite 4 & champion rooms : ( they were always so creative and cool and honestly the best part of the elite 4 imo, and it was really disappointing to see all of the battles just happen in some huge blank white room instead.

I'll add this to my list as well. I agree it was a little bland.
Another thing I'd like to add is the allowance of bag items in tera raids. Even when tanking the tera mon, it's frustrating not being able to replenish PP.

Hard choice between level scaling or the mechanics from Legends that let you shift between Pokemon and throw them out to swap mid battle.

Whilst I think the story of SV is some of the best since the BW days, one thing I would definitely change is the performance, not even the graphical quality of the game, literally just the performance. Feeling nauseous when the frame rate drops to around 15 and stays there whilst riding around on the legends just makes me want to put the game down as it can be headache inducing for anyone like myself that has issues with their vision in general.

I am aware that a lot of people say they haven't experienced any issues like that, but I play on an OLED, and what I have noticed is that the further zoomed out the camera is when exploring, the heavier the frame drops get. Obviously, the game is not optimised in that sense so in all I guess the one thing I would change is just letting the game have a little more time in the oven before it was released. I have moaned and complained a lot in regards to this, and mainly only because Pokemon themselves addressed the performance issues and there is still a tweet stating they were 'working to fix the issues', which still a year after release we have heard nothing about and we are now at the tail end of the entire DLC also, and the performance is also worse in the DLC areas for me.

So yeah, I guess that makes 2 things I would evidently change; the performance, and TPCi/Nintendo/GF's inability to be genuinely honest with people, or just backtrack and still be honest by just telling us the game is just unfixable and will remain like this.

The shiny pokemon noise/any noise to say that there’s a shiny nearby and level scaling for the gyms, team star and the titans depending on how many badges you have

The area surrounding the Glaseado Gym felt very underwhelming especially for it being the final gym. I wish they would have made the area into a whole town similar to Montenevera but smaller. It was so disappointing to climb to the top of the mountain and find nothing but the gym which I suppose makes sense considering how remote the area is, but can you imagine how fun it would be to find a little ski resort themed village nestled up there?

I got Scarlet when it first released, and I'm sorry to say that I still haven't finished it. I'm perhaps 40% of the way through, and it took me a while for even that. This is for a lot of reasons, like the emptiness of the world and robotic feel of the species, but, if I could only change one thing...I'd make the Trainers out in the wild more abundant and threatening, more of an obstacle, and still initiate battle if their eyes meet. Just having more Trainers in the wild would make the world feel less empty and also provide more of a challenge. I was so excited (in a dread-inducing kind of way) when I encountered Cabbie Paco off the hub city and his team was 20 or more levels higher than my own. It forced me to use strategy instead of simply picking a super-effective move, even if I was ultimately outmatched.

I would and orange and grape harvest legendaries as personal lore to the region and the reason that Naranja/Uva Academy is associated with their respective fruits. They would both be Ground/Psychic: Ground-type because of being harvest deities and Psychic-type due to the slogan that one Raifort class taught her students about oranges/grapes being associated with Paldean education.

They don’t even have to plot-centric; I just want there to actually be some kind of public Paldean folklore that‘s actually native to Paldea as a whole.

The Open World, its just not working.

The area's are bland and same-y. The Pokemon don't really interact with the area's or eachother, they just walk like little robots.
Gamefreak took the absolute worst approach with open world design and one many take when they either don't have the budget and time or don't care and that's just to make a bunch of empty spaces and barely fill them with anything to justify calling it open world.

The thing with open world is much less being able to go any direction and more that there should be meaningful content in any direction. If you just make a big empty space and barely fill it with anything engaging, you just made a kind of boring world.

Ability to change natures a bit earlier, I am getting really bad natures in a nuzlocke tho so that might be why
(you need 6 badges for mints)

Back
Top Bottom