• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

John Loeffler Interview Answers

The latter. Actually, it was more a joke for people who've been listening to my station for a long time and know about some of my "time filling" practices.

The other problem with doing too many 2BA Master-esque tracks (by the way, 2BA master is the subject of an upcoming podcast episode for a popular Pokemon podcast) is that eventually you run out of material, particualrly given the static nature of the characters' personalities. I mean, sure, "Two Perfect Girls" is a great song, but I don't want to hear 20 songs in the same vein. This kinda goes along with why I don't write as many song parodies as I used to.
I'd sure love to know what that podcast is called. ^_^;

And yeah, too many songs could get pretty old pretty fast. So why don't they just use the songs they already have? They're made, they're paid for, or at least can't be too expensive to use if they're from the same guy. Why not, I ask?

Heh, the cheapness is all round. Japan won't pay for better animation and PUSA won't pay for music. A very positive outlook today.

Although the dub music has improved since the Wallace episode, I think, so I don't mind as much.

Yes, I was asked by the Pokemon people to make the music a
little "hipper" and more modern. Of course, then everyone began to appreciate how timeless the original music is - so we are trying to combine styles a little going forward.

The way he used speech marks on hipper makes me think he was being ironic, and does *not* think it's more modern/hipper. I mean, he actually said the 4Kids music is better.

Actually, I was referring to the background music when I said that. ^^;
I know. It was an example.

I'm pretty sure there's a quote from Norman Grossfeld in Dogasu's comparison of the first movie that says they re-scored the music for marketing purposes.

I think when he said "original music" (in reference to it being timeless) he was referring to the Japanese bgm. Well I'd like to think anyway.

Something I noticed, now that Jorah brought it up. It seems that PUSA has been remixing their tracks, because they sound better.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom