• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day -1: The Sign Ups
    Reaction score
    Pronouns
    1. He/Him
    *movie trailer voice*
    In a world where my favorite franchises coexist peacefully, there will soon be disarray.
    A virus from another dimension known only as "the Elieson virus" has infected some of the heroes and villains of media and websites I like.
    The peace had been threatened, but by whom?
    The heroes could be the bad guys.
    The villains could be the good guys.
    The people who don't normally give a shit could be either good or bad.
    No one knew who to trust.
    However the virus is spreading, and 3 people who had it first are going to shed blood soon. They know each other.
    Luckily the divine entity known as returnofmastercrazyhand gave them 6 items and 48 hour days to determine who could hold the virus.
    But with no one knowing each other's allegiance, they have to guess what to use the items on and who to lynch.
    But the infected are smarter than that, and already hold one item, as well as know to attack during the nighttime to strike when everyone is sleeping.
    And with that, the war on this extra-dimensional virus began...

- 48 hour days, 24 hour nights. Nights may end up to 8 hours early, if all actions are submitted.

- Night-Talk is allowed

- 12 player game

- This game is NOC, meaning No Outside Contact. As always, any factions may communicate with their faction-mate(s) outside of the game thread. If you are not in a faction, post in the thread, RolePM or in a Mod-approved QuickTopic.

- This game features a Day start (D1)

- All lynch options (including No Lynch) must be Hammered. Hammers are instant, and cannot be undone. Hammers equal 50%, rounded up, of voters. | All lynches will be determined by a Phase-End total count, with the player that holds the most votes being lynched. Ties will always result in a No Lynch.

- Day 1 may end early with a hammer, or with majority by phase clock end. All days after Day 1 without a hammer result in a automatic No Lynch.

- LYLO and variations will be announced.

- This set-up is explicitly not bastard. Everything happens for a pre-determined and completely explainable reason.

- Players will know if their action fails or if they are redirected, and if they are redirected, whom they were redirected to.

- You can't target yourself.

- If you violate any rules, your faction may suffer a punishment deemed worthy to even the game's playing field.
    - I'm the mod and my word is final. Don't do anything that you expect will annoy me, even if it's not in the rules. This includes looking for loopholes. Check with me for loopholes; I might allow it if you ask me in private

- No Outside Contact, keep the talking to the game thread unless your role allows otherwise. This goes for dead players, as well as non-players.

- Don't directly interfere with the game if you're dead or not playing - if you're going to talk to other players or post in-thread I expect everything you say to have no game relevance whatsoever.

- Going 48 hours without a post nets you a prod. Going 72 hours without a post or receiving three prods will result in a modsub, or a modkill if I cannot get a sub.

- If you need a sub, please ask for it. I will be more lenient if you give me fair warning that you will be away from the game. That being said, please don't sign up if you plan to be away for voluntary reasons.

- Don't screenshot things with the intent to post them in this game while it's running.

- Don't post after hammer. Warnings may be given. Or worse. If I'm not around to end phase, assume that phase still ends

- Don't edit your posts.

- Don't ever Copy/Paste your RolePM. You can summarize it, but no Copy/Pasting. This also goes for Results. Therefore, unless given specific permission by a Mod, do not post copy/paste or quotes of anything that a Mod sends to you.
    - A Graveyard will exist for players to chat in post-death. If you have not received a link to a Mod-generated Graveyard, there may be a reason for it.

- There will be Items, and these items have been designed to be assigned to a specific role in Pre-game Development.

- For any player that holds an Item, they must either ##Use or ##Trade their item during the Night phase. If the item is not used or traded, then it will be dropped and no longer available for the entire game.

- To further the above, players may trade items freely within their faction. Use judgment when handling items.

- Roles were generated at random from a pre-determined list, and alignments were generated at random using Random.Org. Player alignment and role selection was generated at random using Random.org. There may or may not be duplicate roles, and if there are duplicates, there is no guarantee that they are aligned together or not.

- To prove you read the rules, post in your Sign-up Post, post your username, spelled in reverse.
    Dear returnofMCH, you are Captain Host.

You are a character in this game, but not actually. You're the host, and have flavor posted in here to describe you.

You don't have any special powers, except for your host-powers, which include calling Phase Start, Phase End, and Phase Pause, as well as posting flips, mod knowledge, votals, etc. You may operate the game alongside of Elieson should she be unable to perform her hostly duties.

In short, you are the Town Host.

If you have any type of group/factional communication methods, it will be mentioned here. Unfortunately, you do not have a role that provides this ability.

Post Restriction: [You'll have a suggested but not mandatory P.R. listed here].

You are allied with the Town. You win if all threats to the town are removed.

Signups [Living Players]:

5. @jdthebud
    6. @Leggo
    7. @Hellcrow
    11. @Crystal Onix
    12. @TheCapsFan

Subs

1. @Elementar subbed in for @Pikochu day 2
    Dead Players

1. @Zexy Town Announcer | Killed Night 1
    8. @leetic Town Courier | Killed Night 2
    3. @Midorikawa Mafia Insomniac (Tracker) | Lynched Day 3
    10. @Sunsette Town Restless Spirit| Killed Night 3
    4. @DrumBeats Town Miller | Killed Night 4
    2. @Pikochu / @Elementar Mafia Vengeful | Lynched Day 5
    9. @FinalArcadia Town Insomniac (Tracker) | Vengeful Killed Day 5

Last edited by a moderator:
    Night 0: Half-life 3- I Mean Roles Confirmed!
  • The ones with the virus couldn't strike tonight, due to the items given via divine power preventing that, HOWEVER, that didn't stop one of the mafia members to snatch a second item from the unsuspecting folks, as 1 of the 6 items was unclaimed the day prior, so now the mafia has 2 items...
    Meanwhile, back at the town center, people where restless, they could feel something getting a hold of them, but they didn't know what, was it divine power? or was it the virus spreading? whatever it was, it took control of the townsfolk before long and allowed it to decide on who to vote for instead of the townsfolk themselves...

Day 1: The Mayhem Begins

• okay, I have a break in the preparation for my party so...
    at long last, the first day arose, after hours seemed like 3 days, and but these mysterious other world entities who took over the townsfolk now can begin to hunt for clues... but where to start?

IT IS NOW DAY 1, YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.
    PHASE ENDS AT 11:30 AM GMT -6, 48 HOURS FROM NOW
    WITH TWELVE ALIVE, HAMMER NEEDS 7 PEOPLE TO TAKE EFFECT

Last edited:
    Night 1: Never Gonna Let You Down...
  • 1. @Zexy

2. @Pikochu

3. @Midorikawa

4. @DrumBeats

5. @jdthebud

6. @Leggo

7. @Hellcrow

8. @leetic

9. @FinalArcadia

10. @Sunsette

11. @Crystal Onix

12. @TheCapsFan

Everyone fought hard, but alas, no one died in the end...
    gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

In honor of this, there was a rickroll.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1, ACTIONS MAY BE USED.
    PHASE ENDS 24 HOURS FROM NOW, BUT ENDS EARLY IF ALL ACTIONS ARE SENT

Last edited:
    Day 2: Sad Face, I died.
  • 1. @Zexy

2. @Pikochu

3. @Midorikawa

4. @DrumBeats

5. @jdthebud

6. @Leggo

7. @Hellcrow

8. @leetic

9. @FinalArcadia

10. @Sunsette

11. @Crystal Onix

12. @TheCapsFan

Day broke out, and the first victim was... none other than the bounty hunter created by the god himself.
    Also not he's not truly dead, he got revived by Divine Power in the last minute and teleported to another dimension.
    Either way... as a result of the Avatar of returnofMCH dying, 3 of the items, where lost forever.
    however, he did sucessfully leave a dying message...
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

hello people announcer here
    if you are not sure who I am check my post restriction
    my first post ever in thread was a softclaim
    I do not have much else to say for now
    we will have enough time in day 2 for that
    Dear Zexy: you are returnofMCH, bounty hunter extraordinaire

romch111.png

You are the avatar of the god of this world, brought in from the dimensions of The Planetary Pit Stop and Bulbagarden forums (which share a universe in of themselves)

Thanks to your divine power by nature of sharing the same name as the god, you can talk to the others via the flavor text to tell EVERYONE what you may have found...

In short, you are the Announcer

Post Restriction: keep your posts short and to the point with no capitals (except when using the first person I) and no punctuation minus the occasional period.

zexy was Nightkilled, he was returnofMCH the Announcer
    IT IS NOW DAY 2
    PHASE ENDS 48 HOURS FROM NOW, AND A HAMMER IS NEEDED OTHERWISE THERE IS AN AUTOMATIC NO LYNCH

Night 2: More Fails Worthy of a Ragequit
  • 2. @Elementar

3. @Midorikawa

4. @DrumBeats

5. @jdthebud

6. @Leggo

7. @Hellcrow

8. @leetic

9. @FinalArcadia

10. @Sunsette

11. @Crystal Onix

12. @TheCapsFan

Another day another dollar, except the dollar was stolen, and once again no one was lynched.
    Town's response:

Either way, now it was nighttime, and as soon as it began, haddaway's hit song "what is love" began playing for no real reason.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 2 ACTIONS ARE USABLE
    PHASE ENDS 24 HOURS FROM NOW AND ENDS EARLY IF ALL ACTIONS ARE SENT.

Day 3: No Dying Message Here
  • the nighttime passed, and all of sudden a superhero died of all things.
    however word got out there was another announcer...
    Announce: I, also being an announcer, may not be as skilled a player as Zexy, but I shale also be sure to keep you posted if I figure out anything useful.
    who could possibly be the other announcer? this is getting serious.
    Dear leetic, you are Cole McGrath from the inFAMOUS games.
    infamous_2_7679.jpg

after being given super powers, you can decide to become good, or evil, but in the game's canon, you are good.

you where once a mailman, and as such, can send a PM to the hosts, with the intent of sending it to another player that night phase.

In short, you are the Courier.

Post Restriction: be cynical, despite being a superhero, you can be VERY sarcastic.

leetic was nightkilled. he was cole mcgrath, a courier
    IT IS NOW DAY 3, YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING
    WITH 10 PEOPLE ALIVE, 6 IS REQUIRED TO LYNCH
    PHASE ENDS 36 HOURS FROM NOW.

Night 3: Got The Fluffy One
  • the town finally decided on a target, and found out that the target in particular couldn't speak for himself.
    he was fluffy on the outside, but mafia on the inside.
    either way once he died, there was much rejoicing.

but now it is night and the mafia isn't out yet!
    *cue the spoopy music*
    Dear Midorikawa, you are Sackboy from the Littlebigplanet series
    Littlebigplanet-psp-box.jpg

you play, crate, and share. you saved littlebigpanet, craftworld, bunkum, and countless licensed properties as DLC, however the Elieson virus has infected you.

you don't sleep because imagination doesn't sleep either, so at night, you can watch the other players to find out what they did that night

In short, you are the mafia watcher

Post Restriction: you do your talking through the narration of stephen fry, so you should talk in third person.

You are allied with the MAFIA. You win you outnumber or equal the town.
    Midorikawa was lynched, she was Sackboy, a mafia watcher

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3, YOU MAY BEGIN USING ACTIONS
    PHASE ENDS 24 HOURS FROM NOW BUT ENDS EARLY IF ALL ACTIONS ARE SUBMITTED.

Last edited:
    Day 4: BWAHAHAHAHA Suckers
  • the mafia chose their target, but something prevented them from killing it completely, namely the target's persistence on killing a certain Italian plumber...
    also an announcement arose:
    Announcement: It's your friendly neighborhood announcer again! Awesome work on the lynch, everyone! Hopefully we're upearly enough catch them again, as the saying goes. I have a feeling we will be!
    mparty4_bowser.jpg

You always kidnap the princess with increasingly elaborate plans, and end up losing to mario.

despite falling into a black hole, becoming a living skeleton, exploding with the sun, falling into lava countless times, came out of an erupting volcano, etc, YOU. JUST. WILL. NOT. DIE. as such when you get lynched, you can still post in thread.

In short, you are the Restless Spirit.

Post Restriction: try being as hammy as possible, as you are one of gaming's first major examples of being a Large ham.

sunsette died, she was bowser, the restless spirit
    IT IS NOW DAY 4, YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.
    SUNSETTE'S POST RESTRICTION HAS BEEN REMOVED, BUT CAN STILL TALK.
    WITH 9 PLAYERS ALIVE, 5 IS NEEDED FOR A HAMMER.

Night 4: Useless Conversation Is Useless
  • "this is the third time we couldn't decide on a lynch!"
    "well SOR-RY, but had I known I forgot to unvote before I could've mc
    hammer'd it home."
    "either way, the infected have won against us once more. I advise we remain calm as tomorrow could be the defining moment."
    "let's hope nothing bad happens, because what could possibly go wrong?"
    "great, now you've doomed us all! EVERYTHING will go wrong and then some"
    "sorry, couldn't resist tempting fate"
    "GUYS! injustice mobile is selling gold booster packs for 100 credits (around 1 cent) every day from the Sunday the 12 to Saturday the 18th! this is because injustice 2 is coming out!"
    "what's that got to do with anything, we're in a war you know"
    "IDK, I just felt like announcing it to any potential gods outside our realm..."
    "you idiot, the only god we know of here is the one that sent us here!"
    "but it still applies..."
    "whatever, I'll visit tvtropes before bedtime tonight, and now you will too with this link: Big Lipped Alligator Moment - TV Tropes"

IT IS NOW NIGHT 4, ACTIONS ARE NOW USABLE.
    PHASE ENDS 18 HOURS FROM NOW AS I'M BUSY PREPPING FOR VACATION TOMORROW NIGHT.

Day 5: Nuke Nukers who Nuke

• Blah blah flavor makes sense. With Muhhamad Ali dying..>Ghandi kicking the bucket< was only due to happen soon too.

Meaning...Ghandi? Kicking? That can't be him!!

And thus, Ghandi died as he lived. Strangely but full of honor and misunderstanding.

Drumbeats has been killed. He was...

Dear DrumBeats, You are Ghandi as portrayed in Sid Meier's Civilization
    civ1.png

unlike the IRL version, instead of fighting peacefully, you are VERY fond of nukes. to the point you can get a level 12 nuke in civ V as a CPU, whereas the max a human player can get is 10.

your love of nuclear weapons makes you very suspicious, to the point people people wonder if you're one of the infected, and cop checks will show you as MAFIA

In short, you are the Miller.

If you have any type of group/factional communication methods, it will be mentioned here. Unfortunately, you do not have a role that provides this ability.

Post Restriction: try saying peaceful words of wisdom... until you're provoked, then go batshit crazy.

Also, the loudspeakers made horrible feedback sounds, but you were able to make out a little bit of this...weird, repeating message.

It's your friendly neighborhood announcer again! Awesome work on the lynch, everyone! Hopefully we're upearly enough catch them again, as the saying goes. I have a feeling we will be!

What an uninteresting looped message. I prefer Denning's This is a message from Lord Nergal. We await you on Dread Isle. This is a mes... you get the point!

It's now Day 5. Day 5 ends in 48 hours (12p CST aka GMT-6). Sunsette does not count as living, and therefore, with 7 alive, 4 votes yields a Phase-Ending Hammer.

If ##EndHammer is voted for by 4 or more players, we will lift the mandatory Hammer for the remainder of the game.

Twilight 5: Xbox, Gay paris, Peter Pan's Mac & Cheese
  • The last thoughts of the Geostigma's dead. Those remnants will join the Lifestream and girdle the planet. Choking it... corroding it. What I want, you pathetic lot, is to sail the darkness of the cosmos with this planet as my vessel, just as my mother did long ago. Then one day we'll find a new planet. And on its soil, we'll create a shining future...

I will... never... be a memory...

Elementar has been lynched. He was...

Dear Pikochu Elementar, you are Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy Series

you are one of gaming's most iconic villains, being the One Winged Angel, the "son" of JENOVA, and the original SOLDIER 1st Class alongside Zack Fair and Cloud Strife

You have a serious case of wanting to get revenge on anyone and everyone. this means if someone kills you, you kill them too as punishment. If you are lynched, you may stab any player that was on your voting wagon, as long as the game is not in a state of MILO/LILO.

In short, you are the vengeful.

[Redacted]

Post Restriction: try making biblical or latin references, your famed final boss theme is in latin, and your name is that of an angel in Judaeo-Christian mythology

You are allied with the MAFIA. You win if the town equals your numbers.

I've thought of a wonderful present for you... Shall I give you despair?

Twilight 5 starts now, and ends when the sun finally crosses the horizon.

Night 5: History Back to Norma
  • The sun sets.

As the final glimmer of sunlight clears the sky and the Moon's full glow wanes into sight, one set of eyes couldn't muster the strength to look at it any longer. A 7-foot long katana through the abdomen doesn't do much for those who simply want to sit and enjoy the moonlight...

FinalArcadia has been killed. He was...

Dear FinalArcadia you are Wilhelm "Deathshead: Strasse from the wolfenstein series of shooters (one of the few good ones at that)

You are the creator of many devices, enough to put the allies on the losing side of World War II, and saw what was going to happen to BOTH operation: resurrections before anyone else did but they didn't listen. oh and you manged to successfully take one of gaming's original badasses on your deathbed

You are a mad scientist, and since science never sleeps, neither do you, so you can watch aplyer during the night to get to see who targeted that person during the night.

In short, you are the Imsomniac.

Post Restriction: scientific words and technological phrases, because admittedly I skip cutscenes involving this guy, so I don't know many of his quotes.

Night 5 has begun, and ends in 24 hours (and 40 minutes).

Day 6: Wow, Not Much Happened This Turn
  • @Sunsette @Crystal Onix @Hellcrow @TheCapsFan @jdthebud @Leggo

@Zexy @Maniacal Engineer (Please update the Thread Title to reflect Day 6, thank you!)

Miracles happen?

Day 6 starts now, and ends in 48 hours (and 15 minutes), aka 5:30p GMT-5 aka CST.

With 5 players alive, 4 votes on any one player will result in a HYPER-Majority. As promised, the player with the most votes by phase end will be lynched.

Endgame: The End... Or Is It?

• It's about time we ended this!
    shouted jdthebud as he fired the first ever HYPER-M VIRUS ERADICATOR 9000 DELUXE towards Hellcrow, convinced that he was making the right choice to finally eliminate the Elieson virus once and for all.

Little did he know, that by killing Hellcrow, he killed the Elieson virus, and with returnofMCH on leave, and nobody left to host the game, the game simply ends regardless of future player involvement. Good thing his shot counted!

Hellcrow has been lynched. He was...

Dear Hellcrow, You are Brendan from the Pokemon Franchise.
    200px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Brendan.png

You where the first infected by the virus, depsite saving the Hoenn reigon and becoming it's league champion.

you made the mail system invented in generation II become more useful, and as such, can message another player about stuff in the night indirectly by messaging the host first.

In short, you are the Mafia Courier.

MCH multiverse mafia QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Post Restriction: when not chosen as the player character, you tend to be adorkable, so try acting silly or clueless until the heat gets on.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when you outnumber or equal the town.

Unfortunately for the mafia, but fortunately for me, that means that this game is finally coming to a close, as at the end of this post, the town will have won. Town's survivors include:

Leggo
    Dear Leggo, you are Slimer from the Ghostbusters movies!
    Ghostbusters_-_Slimer_3682.jpg

a harmless ghost to the point that you help the Ghostbusters in the TV shows and second movie. You like eating.

You somehow are the only ghost to escape the paranromal prison in the office, and as such, if you get "lynched" or "nightkilled" you can still post in thread.

In short, you are the Restless Spirit.

Post Restriction: make a ghost related joke in most of your posts.

TheCapsFan
    Dear TheCapsFan: you are Homer Simpson

the original "idiot father" who coined the term "D'oh!" and is the main reason behind the juggernaut success of the show
    212px-Homer_Simpson_2006.png

You are stupid. really stupid. really, REALLY stupid. are so stupid you look scummy to anyone who checks you.

In short, you are the Miller.

Post Restriction: include a reference to food somewhere in your posts.

Crystal Onix
    Dear Crystal Onix, you are Maniacal engineer

78329.jpg

the insane mod of Bulbagarden Forums who helps in the war room where this fabulous game is being held.

You are very punderful, loud, and obnoxious, which is why we all love you (as friends) and since you're a mod, people have to listen to you if you find something game-crucial out, to the point I as the host will include it in the flavor text.

In short, you are the Announcer.

Post Restriction: puns puns and more puns.

jdthebud
    Dear jdthebud. you are Lief Katano, a friend of the host from another forum!
    6-53.png

you are the host's vitriolic best bud when it comes to being friends online, and with permission, you are called to this universe.

now are an JRPG expert, being able to play Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest, and Ultima with ease. due to this, any night actions you use can't be redirected or roleblocked.

In short, you are the Strong-Willed.

Post Restriction: you get angry at anything that lacks logic, but show your anger in a sarcastic and subtle way that doesn't put you at risk of an infraction, so I'd recommend being snarky or making subtle hints.

Thanks for playing, everybody!

Now rant. Rant to your heart's desire! Let your words not fall on deaf ears! They'll fall on dead ears since you dastards killed me!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom