• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Misty & Dawn's Dangerous Days

Misty-Moo

I give up
Reaction score
Misty & Dawn's Dangerous Days.

Synopsis/introduction

This is a fanfiction that I wrote for another forum, but that's gone now :bawl:.
I thought I'd post it here & see what everyone thinks. It's a "What happened next" story featuring my two favourite Pokegirls.
Be aware - this is very, very long.

Episode One - A Meeting, a misadventure.

Chapter One

The Sun shone in through the bedroom window as Misty brushed her hair. She was so looking forward to a break from being a Gym Leader & it looked as if the weather was matching her mood. This was the time of year that the Pokemon League competitions were held, so all the Gyms closed down for a fortnight. It will be so much fun to finally meet Dawn, she thought, as she continued to get ready. They had been chatting online for months & as Dawn was in Johto at the moment, had decided to meet up in Saffron City & spend a few days together. Misty double-checked that she had everything she needed in her bag as she walked down the stairs - her Pokegear, Pokemon, some berries & of course, money.
"I'm leaving now, Daisy" she called out as she headed to the door.
"OK" her sister called back "Have fun, don't forget to call when you're on your way back"
"I will"
Misty smiled as she climbed onto her bicycle & pedalled away from the Gym. It was going to be a great day, she thought as she cycled through the City, the Sun shone down from a clear blue sky & a light breeze carried the scent of the sea from Cerulean Cape. She left the City behind & headed into the countryside.

Dawn looked out of the window of the Magnet Train as the hilly landscape of Johto slowly changed into the wide, open spaces of Kanto.
"Isn't this exciting, Piplup" she said "It's all so different from Sinnoh"
"Pip, Piplup, Pi-ip" exclaimed Piplup, as he bounced up & down on his seat.
"Oh, I'm sorry, you want to see out, don't you?" Dawn picked him up & held Piplup up to the window so he could see the countryside rushing by.
"Pip-Piplup!" Piplup flapped his wings happily, enjoying the view.
"Misty told me she can't wait to meet you - she loves Water-type Pokemon, you know" Piplup swelled with pride.
"And after our day in Saffron City, we can go for a swim in Cerulean Cape, won't that be nice?"
"Piplup, Piplup, Pip-Pilup!"
"OK, OK, don't get too excited" Dawn laughed.
Houses & other buildings gradually began to appear in the countryside, shortly afterwards, the train intercom crackled into life.
"Attention! Attention! The Magnet Train will be entering Saffron City shortly! Please ensure you have all your baggage & Pokemon before departing, thank you!"

"Come on, come on, faster, faster!" Angela, the Team Plasma Admin, barked at her team of Grunts "We're on a tight schedule here!"
"Yes ma-am!" the Grunts responded as one. "Krookodile! Use Dig!" They returned to digging their tunnel with increased vigour. Another Admin approached Angela.
"Are we really that far behind?" he asked "I thought we were doing fine?" Angela sighed in response.
"Well, Boris, we've got 30 metres left to dig & our window of opportunity closes in 5 hours" she replied "I want to be sure we have as much time as possible in there, we still don't know whether Silph's increased their security or not"
"Mmm" Boris nodded & took out a Pokeball "Mightyena! Go! Use Dig!" Angela smiled grimly.
"Glory to Team Plasma" she whispered.

Misty saw the tall buildings of Saffron City above the treetops well before the City itself came into sight. She cycled down the main street & into the train station car park. After locking up her bicycle, she walked to the platform just as the Magnet Train entered the station. It slowed down as it approached, giving Misty a chance to see the passengers through the windows. There were so many people travelling today, she had no chance of spotting Dawn. The crowd thinned as the train emptied, making things easier. Misty saw Dawn's hat first, a speck of white popping up here & there in the crowd.
"Dawn! Dawn!" she called, waving both arms above her head.
"Misty!" Dawn couldn't wave back, because she was carrying Piplup in her arms. They ran towards each other & hugged.
"Oh, it's great to see you!"
"You too, how was your trip?"
"Good, good"
"And who's this handsome boy?" Misty asked, looking at Piplup, her eyes sparkling.
"Ah, yes" Dawn smiled "Misty, this is Piplup - Piplup, Misty"
"Aw! He's gorgeous!" Misty exclaimed, sweeping Piplup up in her arms. Piplup smiled, loving the attention.
"What did I tell you, Piplup?" Dawn laughed. They all walked out of the station, chatting & laughing as they went.

Dawn looked all around as they walked through the streets, turning slow circles & craning her neck to see everything.
"Oh, all it's so beautiful" she said.
"Yes" Misty replied "It's the biggest city in Kanto, you know - but it's not the best place to shop, that's Celadon City" she smiled "We've got to go there"
"Hear that, Piplup?"
"Pi-ip, Piplup, Pip, Pilup"
"Piplup doesn't like being in a Pokeball, I see" Misty said "I used to have a Pokemon like that" she looked sad for a moment, then smiled again. "Anyway, this is what I really wanted you to see" They were standing in front of a large office block.
"Wow!" Dawn exclaimed, reading the sign "Silph Co.! The world leaders in Pokemon technology."
"Yes, they've just started offering tours of their building, & as I'm a Gym leader, they sent me a free pass"
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" The double doors opened automatically as they approached. Misty, Dawn & Piplup walked into the entrance lobby. It was vast, with groups of chairs & tables dotted around, potted plants lining the walls & ornamental fountains in the centre. There was a group of office workers & scientists deep in conversation on one side, but it was the other side of the room they were interested in. Misty led the way to the reception desk, where there was a sign reading 'Please ask about our tours'
"Hello, how can I help you today?" one of the receptionists asked.
"Hi" Misty said "We would li..." her words were drowned out as she was suddenly interrupted by a loud crash. A huge cloud of dust quickly spread around the room. Everyone stared in shocked silence as the dust cleared - the fountains had disappeared into a large hole. Almost immediately, dozens of people dressed in black uniforms began pouring out, all wearing gas masks. Alerted by the noise, The Silph Co. security guards ran into the room.
"Hold it right there!" the Head of Security barked
"I don't think so" a woman's voice announced calmly. Unseen in the confusion, another couple of people had had climbed out of the hole & were standing in the centre of the crowd of intruders. They were dressed almost the same, all in black & wearing gas masks, but their outfits were slightly more elaborate. "You know what to do!" she yelled "For the glory of Team Plasma!". There were multi-coloured flashes as the Plasma Grunts threw their Pokeballs.
"Golbat! Use Supersonic!"
"Parasect! Use Spore!"
Slowly, everything went black ............

What is Team Plasma after in Silph Co.? Can they be stopped? What will happen to Misty & Dawn? Stay tuned for the next exciting instalment!

Chapter Two

Dawn regained consciousness lying on a cold concrete floor. She sat up & looked around her. She was in a dark room populated by indistinct darker shapes. As her eyes became accustomed to the gloom, the shapes became recognisable. She was in some sort of storeroom along with several other people, all of whom appeared to be still unconscious. Suddenly, Dawn froze. There were shuffling sounds coming from the other side of the boxes she was resting against.
"Ooh"
"Misty? Is that you?" Dawn whispered.
"Dawn?" Misty replied "Where are you?"
"Over here" Dawn stood up, her head swam & she had to lean against the boxes for support "Ulp!" she held a hand up to her mouth as a wave of nausea swept over her. Misty carefully picked her way across the room. When she got closer, Dawn could see that Misty looked as ill as she felt.
"Ohh" Misty groaned again, holding the sides of her head "How do you feel?"
"Awful"
"I've got some Persim berries in my bag, they'll make us feel better" Misty started to look around her. Dawn, beginning to feel a little better, looked around as well.
"I can't find it anywhere" Misty said, after a few minutes.
"Me neither. My bag's gone too, do you think those people took them?" Dawn asked. Misty frowned in response.
"Oh, oh dear, my head"
"What's going on?"
"Where am I?" Some of the other people were starting to wake up. An office worker came over to them.
"Hello, what are you girls doing here?" she asked "Oh, hang on, I know you - you're Misty from Cerulean City. My son battled you a few months ago"
"Hi, this is my friend, Dawn"
"Hi"
"Hello, I'm Becky" Becky smiled weakly.
"Do you have any idea what's going on?" Misty asked.
"Yes, who are those people?" Dawn added.
"I think I can answer that, or at least a part of it" a Scientist said as he walked across the room "They're from a criminal organisation called Team Plasma. I heard of them when I was at a conference in the Unova region last year" he frowned "I heard they'd split into different factions, but I never thought their influence had spread as far as Kanto. As for what they want here" Becky suddenly stared directly at him "I-er don't know"
"Carl, can I speak to you for a moment?" she asked. They went to the far side of the room & began a whispered, but animated conversation.
"Well" Dawn turned to Misty "What do you think that was about?"
"I don't know" Misty looked around her "One thing I do know - first, we have to get out of here"
"Right"

"Come on! Come on!" Angela, with Boris alongside her, marched through the Silph Co. offices at the head of a group of Team Plasma Grunts "The information we want is on the Silph mainframe" she checked the map on her Pokegear "This way, quickly!" Boris carefully pushed open the double doors at the end of the office, glanced through & quickly shut them again.
"There's some more security to deal with first" he said, stepping to one side. The Grunts marched forwards, brandishing their Pokeballs.
"Golbat! Go! Use Screech!"
"Krookodile! Sand Attack! Let's go!" the sand was violently blown towards the security team by the power of Golbat's Screech. The guards covered their eyes as they were forced backwards. They threw their Pokeballs, trying to get their Pokemon clear of the clouds.
"Granbull! Go! Use Headbutt!" the guards shouted. The Grunts at the rear smiled evilly, this was what they had been waiting for. There were purple flashes as they threw their Pokeballs.
"Nidorino! Use Toxic Spikes!" the corridor floor filled with poisonous barbs, directly in the Granbull's path. They ran straight into them & halted in shock as the poison took effect.
"Golbat! Use Wing Attack!" the Golbat's wings glowed as they swooped down upon the Granbull, driving them back towards the guards.
"Krookodile! Stone Edge! Let's go!" pointed stones flew towards the security team. The force blasted them against the walls. Slowly, both the men & their Pokemon slid to the floor, unconscious.
"Excellent, well done" said Boris, stepping through the door.
"Well? What are you waiting for? Get this refuse out of our way" Angela demanded. The Grunts recalled their Pokemon & bundled the guards & their Pokemon into a small office & locked them inside. "Stay here & keep an eye on them" she ordered one of the Grunts.
"Yes ma-am"
"It should be two floors above us" said Angela. She led the way up the stairs, Boris & the remaining Grunts following in her wake.

Piplup awoke in a strange room. He shook his head, wondering where he was. Looking around him, he couldn't see anything or anyone he recognised.
"Pi-iplup? Piplup, lup?" he whispered.
"Mite, Magnemite" a Magnemite floated into view. Piplup stepped back, worried. Who was this strange Pokemon? "Magnemite, Nemite, Ma-ag" Piplup relaxed. This Magnemite was just as worried as he was.
"Lup, Piplup" he said, trying to reassure the Magnemite "Pip, Piplup, Lup, Lup, Piplup"
"Mite, Magnemite, Mag" the Magnemite asked Piplup, wondering where its trainer was. Piplup shook his head in response.

"Dawn, here, look at this" Misty said "There's an air vent up there" she pointed "we could fit through that"
"Yes, that's right" said Becky, walking back towards them "they run through the whole building. You could get out & call the Police. Carl, over here"
"What is it?" Carl asked.
"Do you know anything about the ventilation system?"
"No, but Anna does - Anna, come here, please" another Scientist joined them.
"Yes, Carl?"
"You work with the ventilation system, don't you?"
"Yes, why? What do you want to know?" Anna asked, frowning.
"Do these air vents lead outside?"
"Mmm" Anna rubbed her chin "Yes, eventually" she looked at Carl "If you're getting at what I think you're getting at, I think I have a better idea. They join all the rooms together & lead out to the main shafts in the corridors. If someone could get through them, they could get out that way much easier"
"As long as there's no-one in the corridors" Becky warned. Misty gave her a firm look.
"Something's got to be done" she snapped.
"OK, OK" Becky smiled."Help me with these boxes" she added, turning to the Scientists. Soon, there was a series of makeshift steps leading up to the air vent.
"You'll need to unscrew the vent" Anna said, searching through her pockets "Here" she handed Misty a small toolkit.
"Thanks, come on, Dawn"
"Right" the two girls climbed up to the air vent, Misty unscrewed it & they squeezed inside.
"Now, all you need to do is climb through until you come to the end, then turn right & that will lead you into the corridor. Good luck & be careful" Anna called up to them.
"OK"
"Right"

Misty & Dawn crawled through the air shaft, their route lit by shafts of light coming through the vents. After a while, Misty stopped.
"What's that?" she asked. Dawn came closer & listened.
"Sounds like a battle"
"Who would be battling at a time like this?"
"I bet it's those crooks from Team Plasma" Dawn said. Misty nodded
"Let's go & see what's going on"
"Right" Misty & Dawn crawled towards the noises. By the time they got to where the battle was, everything was over. The two friends watched as the Team Plasma Grunts dragged some more security guards & Pokemon into a broom cupboard & locked the door.
"There's no-one else in our way now" they heard Angela saying "soon, all the secrets of Silph Co. will be ours"
"They can't be allowed to get away with that!" exclaimed Dawn, as they watched Team Plasma head out of sight "Someone's got to stop them"
"Yes, someone should" Misty replied. She looked at Dawn & a thin smile spread across her face. Dawn smiled back.
"Let's go"

Will Misty & Dawn be able to stop Team Plasma? Can they get out & contact Officer Jenny? Will they be able to find Piplup? (You thought I'd forgotten him, didn't you? :-D)

Chapter Three

Piplup & his new friend had been searching their surroundings for a while now. They had found what he recognised as Dawn & Misty's bags, Piplup knew there were other Pokemon inside, but only their Trainer could let them out. He knew there was something bad happening, he had to get out of this room & find Dawn, she needed him to protect her. Seeing a small window above the door, a thought suddenly struck him, if he could only get up to it ...........
"Lup, lup, Pi-iplup, pip, Piplup" he told Magnemite, pointing at the window. Magnemite thought for a moment, then brightened, it had an idea.
"Mag, mag, Magnemite, mite, Magnemite, mag"
"Lup, Piplup" Piplup nodded, he held on tight to Magnemite as it used Magnet Rise. The two Pokemon floated above the floor.
"Ma-ag ... nemite!" they lifted higher & higher. Soon, Piplup's eyes were level with the window. He looked up & down the corridor, as far as he could see, it was deserted. There was no time to lose! He carefully climbed onto Magnemite's back.
"Piplup, lup"
"Magnemite" Magnemite held onto Piplup's feet with its magnet-like arms. Piplup steadied himself, then began to use Drill Peck on the window frame. Soon, the window was almost completely loosened. Nearly there, thought Piplup, just one more Drill Peck.
"Pi-iplup" he said, telling Magnemite to get ready. Suddenly, the remaining frame cracked & the window fell out, catching Piplup completely by surprise! If anyone heard it smash, they would be discovered! Thinking quickly, he used Ice Beam at the falling window. It was immediately frozen to the opposite wall. The two Pokemon moved through the hole & Magnemite slowly lowered them to the floor. Piplup & Magnemite exchanged a satisfied look, free at last, they set off on their search.

Misty & Dawn were making their way back along the air shaft. Going to eavesdrop on Team Plasma's activities had caused them to take quite a detour.
"OK, the first thing we need to do is find our Pokemon" Misty said over her shoulder "We're going to need their help"
"Oh, no! Piplup!" Dawn held a hand up to her mouth, shocked at herself "He must be so worried!" Tears started to well up in her eyes "Oh Piplup, I'm so sorry" she sobbed.
"Hey, hey" Misty crawled back to her "Don't blame yourself for forgetting about him, it's just a side-effect of those attacks" she hugged Dawn until her crying stopped. "At least it shows you've recovered completely"
"Oh, those awful people!" Dawn dried her eyes, then her face darkened "They're going to pay for this!"
"Right!" they started off again with renewed determination.

A pair of Team Plasma Grunts patrolled the corridor, checking door locks & ensuring all their prisoners, people & Pokemon, were still unconscious.
"Stay alert, they'll probably start coming round soon" Ken warned his partner.
"Right" replied Toni "is there really anyone to worry about on this floor? It's mostly just office workers & kids" Ken gave her a grim look.
"You never know" he told her "I've seen the damage just one kid can do, so I'm taking no chances" They continued on their way. Turning a corner, Toni stopped suddenly, reaching for her Pokeballs.
"Ken!" she beckoned. A few yards in front of them was a lump of ice frozen to one wall, opposite it was a roughly-cut hole above an office door.
"What did I tell you?" Ken said. He ran off down the corridor with Toni close behind. Coming to another corner, they saw two Pokemon at the other end.
"Hey! Stop right there!" shouted Toni "Go! Golbat!"
"Krookodile! Go!" Magnemite & Piplup turned to face the Grunts, then glanced at each other.
"Magnemite?" they were in big trouble now! What could they do? Piplup knew exactly what to do - time for a combination move!
"Pip, pip, Piplup" he said quickly, Magnemite nodded. Piplup used Hydro Pump, simultaneously, Magnemite used Discharge. The electrically-charged wave hurtled towards the Grunts & their Pokemon. There was a huge flash as it connected, knocking them all out in one hit. Piplup brushed his wings together with a satisfied air "Pip-lup!"

Dawn lowered herself down from the air vent & dropped to the floor, followed by Misty.
"Where do you think they'd be?" she asked.
"Mmm" Misty looked thoughtful "I don't think they would be too far from where we were held" she looked around, trying to picture their route "Let's go ............ this way" The two friends stole along the corridor, senses alert for any sight or sound of Team Plasma. They looked in every window they passed, but saw only ransacked offices or unconscious people & Pokemon, none of whom they recognised. Dawn called softly through every locked door they passed, but got no response.
"Are you sure he'd be able to hear me?" Dawn asked.
"Oh, yes" Misty replied confidently "a strong Pokemon like your Piplup would certainly have recovered by now" Dawn nodded, deferring to Misty's knowledge as a Gym Leader. Misty & Dawn continued searching. Eventually, they had checked the whole floor, but found nothing.
"We'll have to try that way" said Dawn, pointing toward a nearby staircase. They crept carefully down it to the floor below. When they had almost reached the bottom, Misty paused.
"Did you hear that?" she asked. There was a faint sound of approaching footsteps. Dawn edged towards the doors at the foot of the stairs & peeped through a crack. She gasped & threw the doors open wide.
"It's Piplup!" she exclaimed, heading off down the corridor "Piplup!" Piplup!"
"Piplup! Piplup! Pilup!" Piplup came running towards her, waving his wings above his head. They ran together & embraced. "Pip, pip, Piplup, lup, Piplup!" Smiling, Misty walked towards the happy reunion.
"Oh, Piplup, I'm happy to see you, too" Dawn replied.
"Who's this Pokemon?" asked Misty, looking at the Magnemite that had floated up behind Piplup.
"Pip, pip, pip, Piplup, lup, Piplup"
"Oh, it's your new friend" Dawn smiled "Hello, my name's Dawn"
"Hi, I'm Misty"
"Mag, Magnemite" Magnemite said happily.
"Lup, lup, Piplup" Piplup gestured down the corridor "Piplup, pi-ip, Pilup"
"What's that, Piplup? You know where our bags are?" Dawn put Piplup back down on the floor "Great! Let's go!" Piplup smiled proudly & began leading the way back to where he & Magnemite had been imprisoned.

Angela strode up to the security doors of the Silph Co. mainframe.
"OK, Boris, this is your chance to show me that you're as good as you claim to be" she said, indicating the entry keypad.
"Of course" Boris smiled confidently. Reaching into his bag, he took out some tools, a laptop & some serial cables "Now, I would appreciate some peace & quiet" he said, directing his comment to the Grunts.
"Yes, sir!" the Grunts took up sentry positions around the room & in the corridor outside. Satisfied, Boris began disabling the security systems.
"Mmm" he sat back on his heels after a short time "They've changed things from the information we received. This coding is far more complex"
"Can you still get us in there?" Angela asked, frowning.
"Oh, yes" replied Boris, waving a dismissive hand "It may take me a while, but it's nothing I can't crack, don't worry"
"Well, get on with it!" Angela ordered. Boris returned to work, smiling inwardly.

Where is Magnemite's Trainer? Will Boris succeed in cracking Silph Co.'s security systems? Now that Dawn & Piplup have been reunited, are their troubles over? (What do you think? :-D)

Chapter Four

Misty & Dawn followed Piplup through the deserted corridors. After a short time, the carpet underfoot began to squelch damply.
"What's been going on here?" asked Misty.
"Pip, Pip, Piplup, lup, Piplup"
"Oh, you & Magnemite battled someone?"
"What's that, Piplup?" Dawn interrupted "You thought up a whole new combination move? That's gre - oh!" she stopped suddenly at the sight of the unconscious Team Plasma Grunts & their Pokemon. Misty held a finger up to her lips & held her other hand up as a signal for Dawn to stand still. Then, she crept forward carefully to examine the bodies. After a tortuous few minutes, which seemed to last hours from Dawn's point of view, Misty was satisfied that it would take them a long time to recover. She beckoned towards her, silently signalling that everyone should stay quiet, just in case. Dawn picked Piplup up & tiptoed down the corridor with Magnemite following close behind. Taking great care not to cause any disturbance as they passed, the friends continued along the corridor & around the corner. The further away from the Team Plasma Grunts they got, the more they relaxed. When she estimated they'd come far enough, Dawn put Piplup back down on the floor. "How much further is it, Piplup?" she whispered.
"Lup, lup, Piplup" Piplup replied quietly, pointing ahead of them, Dawn nodded. Piplup resumed his position at the head of the group & they set off again.

Anna listened intently at the door, straining to hear any sound from outside.
"It's so quiet out there" she said "I hope nothing's happened to them"
"I wouldn't worry" Becky reassured her "I'm sure a Gym Leader can take care of herself"
"And I'm sure I've seen that girl Dawn in a Coordinator competition" Carl interjected.
"Mmm" Anna nodded "I hope you're right"
"So do I" replied Becky "Those Team Plasma thugs have to be stopped"
"That's right" Carl agreed "There's no telling what havoc they could cause"
"What do you mean?" Anna asked them. Carl & Becky looked at each other. Becky thought for a few minutes, then decided to reveal their suspicions.
"We think they're trying to get into the mainframe"
"If they manage to access the information in our TM database, it could be disastrous" Carl added "All the raw data is in there. With it, they could create any number of devastating moves. The consequences just don't bear thinking about"
"Oh, heavens!" Anna held a hand up to her mouth in shock.

"Well, there's no need to ask how you got out, Piplup" Dawn said, impressed, as they took in the scene - the hole above the door, the chunk of ice frozen to the opposite wall "But how did you climb all the way up there?"
"Mag, mag, Magnemite" Magnemite used Magnet Rise & floated up above their heads.
"Piplup, lup, lup, Piplup" Piplup explained further, as Magnemite floated back down.
"Oh, I see" Dawn smiled "That's very clever" Piplup & Magnemite beamed proudly at the compliment.
"Yes, but how are we going to get in there?" Misty asked "I don't think Magnemite would be able to lift either of us that high"
"Pip, Piplup, lup, lup, Pilup" Piplup reminded Magnemite about the bags they had discovered earlier. Magnemite nodded.
"Ma-ag, Mag ........ nemite!" Magnemite used Magnet Rise until it was level with the hole, then floated through. Once inside the room, it dropped down to where the bags were. Magnemite hooked its magnet-like arms through the straps of one bag then used Magnet Rise to float upwards & then back outside.
"Oh, thank you, Magnemite" said Misty, as Magnemite placed the bag in front of her. It nodded happily & floated off again, returning a few minutes later with Dawn's bag. The girls checked their bags to ensure everything was still inside.
"Now we're ready for anything" said Dawn, as she readied her Pokeballs.
"Now, how are we going to get out?" asked Misty "We can't go near the front doors, I'm sure they will be heavily guarded"
"I know!" Dawn snapped her fingers "If we could get to the roof, my Togekiss can get a message to Officer Jenny"
"Up it is, then" The friends headed off toward a distant staircase.

Angela paced the room like a caged tiger while Boris worked away silently. She checked Boris's progress on every pass, becoming more aggravated each time.
"This is taking too long! What's the hold up?" she demanded. Boris paused & pinched the bridge of his nose.
"The coding's changing as I go" he replied "Someone in there's trying to keep us out"
"They're not going to be able to stop you, are they?" Angela asked, a slightly threatening edge creeping into her voice.
"Oh, no - they're good" Boris laughed mirthlessly "But not that good" He steeled himself, then resumed typing, his hands flying across the keys. Lines of code flashed across the screen, faster then Angela could read. "No,no" Boris mumbled under his breath "You're not fooling me like that twice" Secretly, Boris was quite enjoying this virtual battle. He could easily lose days engaged in such cyber combat, but there was no time for fun, he had to get serious. "Let's see what you make of this" Boris tapped away furiously at his laptop, bypassing lockouts, disabling firewalls, until finally - success! "I'm in" he breathed.
"Be ready!" Angela ordered the Grunts "The instant that door opens, I want everyone in there subdued!"
"Yes, Ma-am!"
"Unlocking the doors ......... now" The security doors slowly began to slide open.
"Go!" yelled Angela. The Plasma Grunts charged into the room.
"Parasect! Use Spore!"
"Golbat! Supersonic! Let's go!" After the cacophony of battle had died down, the Plasma Admins walked calmy into the Silph Co. mainframe.
"At last!" exclaimed Angela. She turned a slow circle, arms raised in victory "With the information stored here, Team Plasma will be unstoppable!"

Dawn & Misty carefully climbed the stairs. When they reached the top, Misty crept forward to check the way ahead. There was a small group of Plasma Grunts in the distance. She walked back to Dawn & the Pokemon with a worried look.
"What's the matter?" Dawn asked.
"There's three Grunts out there" Misty told her "If we want to get past them, it's going to be a tough battle"
"Magnemite, Magnemite"
"What's that Magnemite, you want to help us?"
"Mag, mag, Magnemite" Magnemite replied enthusiastically.
"Great! OK, let's go!" They headed confidently into the corridor. The friends made it half-way to the Plasma Grunts before they were spotted.
"Hey! What are you doing here?" one shouted "You're in big trouble now!" The other Grunts ran to his side. They threw their Pokeballs, releasing black & purple flashes as their Pokemon appeared "Go Nidorino!"
"Houndoom! Let's go!"
"Golbat! I choose you!"
"Starmie! Go!" There was a blue flash as Misty threw a Pokeball in response.
"Magnemite! Attack Golbat!" Dawn yelled. Magnemite flew forward & used Discharge. The move's power knocked Golbat to the floor. Houndoom winced & dug its claws into the carpet, Nidorino was unaffected.
"Houndoom! Use Roar!" The terrifying sound forced Magnemite back towards Dawn & Misty.
"Nidorino! Use Double Kick!" Nidorino leapt towards Magnemite.
"Oh no you don't" shouted Misty "Starmie! Use Psychic on Nidorino!" The waving purple beams enveloped Nidorino, stopping him in his tracks.
"Houndoom! Use Thunder Fang on Starmie" Houndoom ran forwards, static electricity licking across its fangs.
"Piplup! Use BubbleBeam on Houndoom!" Piplup's beak glowed as he unleashed a powerful stream of bubbles at Houndoom.
"No! Houndoom!" Houndoom fell to the floor & struggled to rise.
"Let's finish this!" Dawn shouted triumphantly "Piplup! Hydro Pump! Magnemite! You know what to do!" Piplup unleashed a powerful wave towards the Plasmas.
"Ma-agnemite!" Magnemite's Discharge electrified the torrent of water, as it had before.
"Starmie! Psychic! Let's go!" The Psychic beams dyed the wave a deep purple. It flexed unnaturally as it rushed down the corridor, multiple sparks arcing through it. The attack hit home with huge force, blasting the attackers against the far wall where they remained in an unconscious pile.

"Hey, listen to that!" Becky ran to the door, alerted by the sounds of battle outside. Carl & Anna joined her, pressing their ears to the door.
"Wow! Sounds intense!" said Anna. She started, alerted by something "Hang on, did someone say Magnemite?"
"I think that's Misty & Dawn - See, I told you they'd be fine"
"Sounds like things are coming to a head" Carl observed, as the sounds intensified. The noise reached a crescendo, they flinched as the force of a powerful combination move caused the door to shake on its hinges. In contrast to the recent chaos, things now became eerily quiet, making it easier to hear.
"That is them!" Becky said enthusiastically "Hey! Hey! In here!" she shouted, banging on the door. Anna & Carl joined her & they all tried to attract the girl's attention.
"Did you hear that?" asked Misty.
"There's some people in that room!" Dawn replied. They ran to the door & listened.
"It's Becky, Anna & Carl!" said Misty "Hey! Are you alright in there?" she called through the door.
"We're fine! Can you get us out?"
"Oh, yes" Dawn replied confidently "Go! Mamoswine!" Mamoswine appeared in a white flash, dwarfing the girls in the confines of the corridor "You'd all better stand back" she warned. Becky, Anna & Carl backed across the room & took cover behind a stack of boxes.
"OK!"
"Mamoswine! The door!" Mamoswine nodded, then pushed against the door. It resisted Mamoswine's strength for a few moments before exploding inwards, showering splinters in all directions. "Oh, well done!" Dawn hugged Mamoswine "Now, Mamoswine! Return!"
"Hello?" Misty called through the clouds of dust. Becky, Anna & Carl gradually came into view, hands waving in front of their faces to clear the air.
"Oh, thank you" said Becky.
"Magnemite! Magnemite!" Magnemite flew joyously toward Anna.
"Oh, Magnemite, I'm so happy to see you" Anna embraced Magnemite.
"Magnemite, mag, Magnemite"
"You've been battling with your new friends?"
"What are you doing here?" Becky asked.
"We thought it would be too difficult to go out the front door" Misty explained.
"So we're going up to the roof" Dawn continued "My Togekiss can fly a message down from there"
"Mmm, that's a ve-"
"Oh, no!" Carl exclaimed, interrupting Becky. He had been checking a console set into the wall "There's no time!" he told them, his face ashen "They've entered the mainframe! They have to be stopped now!"

Now they know Team Plasma's plans, will Misty & Dawn be able to stop them in time? Don't miss the next thrilling instalment!

Chapter Five

Everyone stood in shocked silence as they took in Carl's devastating news. After a few moments, Misty was the first to speak.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" she made to set off, but Carl stopped her.
"You'll have to get there as quickly as possible, better use the express lift" he told her "This way" they followed him down the corridor. "Those thugs won't expect you to come this way" Carl said, as he typed his passcode into the lift keypad.
"Mag, mag, Magnemite!"
"You're right, Magnemite" agreed Anna. "We're coming with you. We want to stop those Plasmas, too" She stepped into the lift with Magnemite.
"Right!" Dawn, Misty & Piplup joined them. Anna pressed the lift button, the doors closed & they were on they on their way.
"We're heading up to the 10th floor" Anna said "The mainframe's down the corridor to the left"
"You'd better let us go first" Dawn warned "The Grunts we battled had really strong Pokemon, it could be tough"
"OK" Anna nodded "We want to do anything we can to help - but don't underestimate Magnemite" she smiled.

Boris calmly took a seat at one of the computer consoles as the Plasma Grunts carried the unconscious technicians out of the mainframe.
"I wonder which one of them was keeping us out" he mused, his eyes following the Grunts.
"Will you focus!" snapped Angela "Who cares?"
"I suppose you're right" Boris sighed. He flexed his fingers, then began typing.
"Well?" Angela demanded. Boris frowned in response.
"It's password protected, of course" he told her "But it shouldn't take too long" he connected his laptop to the terminal "It'll be all ours soon" Angela watched, her impatience increasing. Cyber-crime frustrated & annoyed her, she craved action! After a few minutes, Boris smiled "Success!"
"Excellent!" Angela replied coldly.
"Let's see ..." Boris scanned the database listing "Battle Items ... Evolutionary Items ... Pokeballs - Ah! Here it is! - TM/HM Data" He began the download "OK, better call base, we'll be finished before you know it" Angela nodded & flipped open her Pokegear.
"Agent AX3 calling base, agent AX3 calling base" she reported "Mission proceeding according to plan, prepare the transport"

The lift doors slid open, Misty & Dawn peeped out, taking a side each.
"It's clear this way" Misty whispered.
"Same here"
"Let's go" Misty led the way & they tiptoed carefully towards the mainframe, following Anna's hushed directions. Eventually, as the group approached a junction in the corridor, Anna stopped them.
"It's round the corner from here" she explained, pointing "Down there & through the large office at the end" The friends readied themselves, then stepped forward as one.
"Hey! What are you doing here?" a Grunt yelled form the other end of the corridor "Get them!" he ordered. The group ran forward & threw their Pokeballs.
"Weezing! Go! Use SmokeScreen!" Weezing released a cloud of thick grey smoke.
"Parasect! I choose you!"
"Go! Luxray!"
"You'd better stay back, Piplup" said Dawn "Quilava! Go! Use Swift!" a stream of stars flew towards the Plasma's Pokemon.
"Parasect! Stop that attack with Fury Cutter!" Parasect burst out of the fog & rapidly slashed away at Quilava's attack, shattering it into harmless sparkles.
"Magnemite! Use Screech!" shouted Anna. Magnemite emitted an earsplitting sound, which slightly thinned the thick smoke. The Plasmas & their Pokemon could now be perceived as vague darker shapes in the grey shifting clouds. Suddenly, one of the shapes appeared to grow larger - another Pokemon was emerging!
"Luxray! Use Crunch!" all that could be seen clearly through the gloom was a pair of glowing fangs.
"Go! Quagsire!" yelled Misty "Use Mud Bomb!" brown clods flew towards the shape, which resolved itself into Luxray, they hit just as it emerged & drove it back into the fog.
"Weezing! Use Smog!" a noxious cloud began spreading down the corridor. Dawn responded immediately.
"Quilava! Use Flamethrower on the Smog!" Quilava burned up the poisonous gas just before it hit, leaving nothing but a awful smell. "Again! Use it on Parasect!" Quilava gathered its remaining strength & forced out a weakened Flamethrower. Parasect flinched in pain, but survived the attack.
"Quick! Quagsire! Use Ice Beam!" a sparkling stream of freezing energy engulfed the Plasma's Pokemon. This was all that Parasect could endure, it fought to remain standing, then fell forward in a dead faint. The Smog had almost cleared now, revealing the two remaining Pokemon, who were also struggling.
"Magnemite! Use Magnet Bomb!" the glowing balls of energy struck them with great force. Luxray fell to its knees, Weezing sank towards the floor.
"Let's finish this" Dawn shouted triumphantly "Quilava! Use Swift!" this time, the stars hit home, both Pokemon fainted. Misty, Dawn, Anna & their Pokemon advanced on the Plasmas. The shocked Grunts recalled their Pokemon & fled through the door they had been guarding.

Dawn recalled Quilava, then the friends cautiously followed the Plasmas, aware that they could be walking into a trap. There were snatches of conversation audible through the door.
"..... powerful trainers ............ "
"............... keep them out ...................... mission .... complete"
"We're running out of time" Anna whispered.
"Ready?" Misty asked. The others nodded in assertion, then they burst through the door. "Stop right there, Team Plasma!" Misty ordered.
"We're not going to let you get away with this!" Dawn added.
"Ha! You think you can stop us? Krookodile! Go!" there was a blur of colours as the Plasmas threw their Pokeballs.
"Go! Crobat!"
"Toxicroak! I choose you!"
"Go! Sharpedo!" Misty, Dawn & Anna were surrounded! Dawn reacted first.
"Piplup! Go! Use Drill Peck on Toxicroak!" Piplup's beak glowed & he leapt toward Toxicroak, spinning violently. He attacked so quickly, Toxicroak had no time to react. Stunned, it flew back across the room.
"Crobat! Use Confuse Ray!" Crobat's body began to shine brightly.
"Oh no you don't!" shouted Misty "Quagsire! Use Mud Bomb on Crobat!" the mud balls quickly covered Crobat, rendering its Confuse Ray useless.
"Sharpedo! Use Crunch!" Sharpedo jumped at Quagsire from behind & bit down hard on her head, Quagsire cried out in pain.
"Magnemite! Get in close & use Discharge!" Magnemite flew down until it was touching Sharpedo, then released powerful bolts of electricity. Sharpedo was blasted towards its trainer where it remained, panting heavily, bolts of static still arcing around it. Badly injured, Quagsire went down on all fours, she struggled for a moment, then fainted.
"No! Quagsire!" cried Misty, recalling Quagsire.
"See what happens when you defy the power of Team Plama!" a Grunt laughed evilly "Krookodile! Use Stone Edge!" a stream of sharp stones began to form around Krookodile. Undaunted, Misty threw another Pokeball.
"Go! Politoed!" she yelled, as the volley of stones flew across the room "Stop those stones with DoubleSlap!" Politoed's hands were a blur as it intercepted every stone, firing them away with great force. They flew in all directions, some striking the Plasma's Pokemon, some embedding themselves in the walls, floor & ceiling. Crobat suffered particularly badly from the deflected attack.
"Piplup! Follow it up with BubbleBeam!" Piplup fired a stream of glowing bubbles across the room.
"Toxicroak! Intercept it with Sucker Punch!" Toxicroak had recovered enough to stop a number of the bubbles, but some got through & hit Krookodile, causing serious damage.
"Magnemite! Discharge, now!" Anna yelled. Magnemite unleashed its attack as close to the Plasma's Pokemon as is could. This was the end for Sharpedo & Crobat, they both fainted. Only Toxicroak & Krookodile remained standing & they were both severly weakened.
"Toxicroak! Poison Jab! Let's go!"
"Krookodile! Use Dragon Claw!" hands glowing, Toxicroak & Krookodile ran across the room.
"Politoed! Use Headbutt!" Politoed leapt forward on its powerful legs & slammed hard into Krookidile's torso, knocking it off its feet.
"Piplup! You too!" Piplup ducked swiftly under Toxicroak's poisoned fingers as it lunged at him & rammed his head under its chin. Toxicroak somersaulted backwards over a nearby table.
"Magnemite! Finish it!" shouted Anna "Discharge!" Magnemite shot toward the Plasma Grunts & enveloped them in blue lightning. As the intensity of the attack died down, they fell to the floor, unconscious. The friends walked up to the mainframe doors "This is it. Get ready, I'll open the doors" Misty & Dawn readied themselves.
"Right!" Dawn said "Ready, Piplup?" Piplup nodded confidently.
"OK, go!" Misty signalled Anna, she operated the controls, then ran over to join them as the mechanism fired into life.

What will the friends find? Will Team Plasma escape? Don't miss the exciting conclusion!

Chapter Six

"I'm done" announced Boris. He disconnected his laptop.
"Finally" Angela sighed "Right, let's get out of here" Suddenly, the doors behind her began to slide open.
"Hold it right there!" yelled Misty as she, Dawn & Anna ran into the room.
"How dare you!" shouted Angela. Boris stood & joined her "You believe you can thwart Team Plasma?" The Plasma Admins threw their Pokeballs "Go! Liepard! Use Hone Claws!" Liepard's claws gave off small shafts of light as it prepared itself for battle.
"Mightyena! Use Howl!" Mightyena raised its head & bayed loudly. Anna, reacting immediately, stepped forward.
"Magnemite! Screech! Let's go!" Mightyena & Liepard dug their claws into the carpet as they winced in pain at the earsplitting sound.
"Politoed! Use Headbutt on Liepard!" Misty shouted, as she & Dawn followed up Anna's attack. Politoed leapt forward & struck Liepard with great force. Politoed jumped back, leaving Liepard standing stock still, shaking its head in an attempt to recover.
"Go! Piplup!" Dawn yelled "Drill Peck on Mightyena!" Spinning violently, Piplup flew at Mightyena. His glowing beak hit the Pokemon full in the face, causing it to yelp in pain.
"Mightyena! Crunch! Now!" Mightyena quickly grabbed Piplup it its jaws before he had time to retreat to a safe distance.
"Lup! Lup! Lup!" Piplup cried, as Mightyena shook him like a rag doll.
"Politoed! Get Piplup free with DoubleSlap!" Politoed slapped Mightyena again & again, until it released Piplup, throwing him across the room. He slid along the floor & came to rest against a desk.
"Piplup, are you OK?" Dawn asked, greatly concerned. Piplup slowly got to his feet, shook his head & then indicated he was still ready to battle.
"Liepard! Quickly! Use Night Slash on Politoed!" Angela ordered. Liepard, now recovered, rapidly slashed at Politoed's back with its claws.
"Mightyena! Assurance! Now!" Mightyena's head rammed into Politoed as it fell forward. Politoed, already weakened, suffered great damage.
"Come on Politoed, you can do it!" Misty encouraged. Politoed struggled to remain standing.
"Magnemite! Use Magnet Bomb!" Magnemite fired a stream of glowing energy balls which drove the Plasma's Pokemon back, giving Politoed more time to recover.
"OK, Piplup, use Bub.."
"No!" Anna interrupted "Don't use Water attacks! They'll destroy the computers!"
"Err ... right" Dawn replied, nonplussed "Piplup! Headbutt! Let's go!" Piplup ran across the room & struck Mightyena hard in the side, knocking it off its feet, where it stayed.
"Politoed! DoubleSlap, now!" Politoed rapidly hit Liepard in the face multiple times until it also fell, unconscious. The friends were greatly encouraged, believing they had succeeded in stopping Team Plasma. But they were wrong, the Plasmas were far from defeated.

"Liepard! Return!" Angela snarled "Go! Roserade! Use Magical Leaf!" Roserade released a stream of glowing leaves which violently struck Politoed, knocking it out.
"Oh, Mightyena" Boris sighed "Cacturne! Go! Use Needle Arm!" Cacturne's arm spikes glowed white & it hit Piplup hard in the face, he fell backwards in a dead faint.
"Piplup!" Dawn screamed. She recalled Piplup "I'll show you! Quilava! Go!"
"Politoed! Return!" Misty threw another Pokeball "Go! Dewgong!"
"Quilava! Use Flame Wheel!" Quilava's body became engulfed in fire & it rolled towards Cacturne, striking it in the torso. Quilava ran back to Dawn as Cacturne flinched in pain, it had been badly burned.
"Dewgong! Use Ice Beam!" Dewgong opened its mouth and a ball of energy formed inside it. This released a blueish-white beam that engulfed Roserade, it staggered backwards, frost covering its body.
"Cacturne! Payback! Now!" Boris ordered. A ring of energy appeared around Cacturne's body, it formed into a dark crescent as it flew across the room & struck both Quilava & Dewgong with incredible force. Cacturne flinched again, as it took further damage from its burn injury.
"Roserade! Poison Jab! Let's go!" Angela yelled. The flowers at the end of Roserade's arms began to glow purple, it lept between Dewgong & Quilava & simultaneously slammed the flowers into them. Purple waves flowed across the Pokemon's bodies, they had both become poisoned. Roserade jumped back to Angela's side.
"Magnemite! Magnet Bomb again!" Anna shouted. The magnetic balls fired into Roserade & Cacturne again & again. The already badly injured Cacturne fainted, Roserade barely survived the attack.
"Quilava! Finish it off with Swift!" Quilava opened its mouth & released a stream of glowing stars at Roserade. It stood firm for a few moments, then fell unconscious to the floor.
"Right!" Angela screamed "You've asked for it now!" she threw another Pokeball "Nidoqueen! Go!"
"Nidoking! I choose you!" Boris added.
"Perpetual Toxic!" the Plasmas shouted as one. Their Pokemon belched out clouds of noxious smoke, which quickly began filling the room. As soon as they finished, the Pokemon used the attack again immediately, leaving no time to retaliate. Misty & Dawn recalled their Pokemon, then they & Anna began backing away, afraid of being poisoned. Magnemite was immune to the Toxic attack, so it stayed still, attempting to keep watch on the Plasmas & their Pokemon. The atmosphere quickly became unbreathable, forcing the friends towards the doorway in order to get some fresh air. Suddenly, Magnemite flew out of the poisonous clouds.
"Magnemite! Mag! Magnemite!"
"What?" Anna asked "They've gone?" she turned to Misty & Dawn "Magnemite saw Team Plasma recall their Pokemon & escape through the Fire Exit"
"Mag, Magnemite, mag!"
"They're going up to the roof, you say?"
"How can we stop them?" Dawn asked "We can't follow them through there" she indicated the smog-filled room.
"That's right, we can't let them get away!" Misty added.
"We'll use the other fire escape" Anna replied "Quick, follow me" the friends ran out of the mainframe.

Angela & Boris climbed the metal fire escape stairway, the wind whipping around them. Angela opened her Pokegear.
"Agent AX3 to transport, agent AX3 to transport!" she shouted, trying to make herself heard "Priority one, urgent! Immediate pickup required!"
"How near are they?" Boris asked.
"They've just passed Seafoam Islands"
"OK, not too far" Boris nodded. The Plasmas continued their climb. On the opposite side of the building, Misty, Dawn & Anna were also travelling upwards. It had taken a few minutes to cross the building, so they knew they had no time to loose. As they neared the top, a helicopter came into view above the rooftops at the edge of the City.
"That must be them!" Misty pointed "Come on, quick!" the friends sped up. Just as they reached the roof, it flew in low over their heads, the powerful downdraft forcing them to duck.
"Oh, no!" shouted Anna "We're too late!"
"It's never too late!" Misty replied. The helicopter was lowering a harness to the waving Plasmas. Misty crouched low & ran across the rooftop, by the time she got near to them, they were already several feet above her.
"Glory to Team Plasma!" Angela laughed mockingly.
"Better luck next time!" Boris shouted, waving his laptop.
"That's what you think!" Misty threw a Pokeball "Go! Starmie!" Starmie appeared in a blue flash "Thunderbolt! Let's go!" Starmie's arms spun rapidly & it released a powerful bolt of yellow lightning which arced towards the Plasmas. Its aim was perfect, the Thunderbolt enveloped them, blasting the laptop out of Boris's hand. Completely destroyed, it rained down in burning fragments. Angela & Boris, now unconscious, were quickly pulled up into the helicopter. It sped off into the setting Sun with several Police helicopters in pursuit "Oh, well done, Starmie" Misty hugged her Pokemon.
"Wow! That was amazing!" Anna said, as she & Dawn crossed the roof towards her.
"Thanks, but they still escaped"
"Oh, don't worry" Dawn replied "I'm sure the Police will catch them"
"That's right " agreed Anna "Come on, let's get back inside"
"Sure" Misty smiled "Hey, you're quite the battler yourself" she said, as they walked back to the fire escape.
"Thanks, Magnemite & I used to battle for my College" replied Anna "We really enjoyed it, didn't we?"
"Mag, mag, Magnemite!" Magnemite happily agreed.

Later that evening, the friends were in the office of the Silph Co. president.
"Oh, thank you" he said, embracing each of them "You girls were wonderful"
"Thank you, sir" replied Anna.
"Yes, thank you" Misty added "But we had to do it"
"That's right" agreed Dawn "Those awful people couldn't get away with the things they did" the president nodded in response.
"You're right, of course" he said thoughtfully "But still, I think you deserve a reward" he turned to Anna first "You deserve a promotion"
"Oh, thank you, sir" Anna replied.
"As for you two" the president said to Misty & Dawn "I think a night in my personal suite is in order"
"Oh wow!" Dawn clapped her hands together joyfully.
"Thank you!" Misty added "That would be wonderful!" the president smiled kindly.
"But first, I'm going to take you all out to dinner" Misty, Dawn & Anna enjoyed a slap-up meal with the president, then said their goodbyes. Misty & Dawn went up to the executive suite, it was huge, there was enough room for them to let all of their Pokemon out to enjoy it with them.
"Well, that was quite a day" said Dawn, as they settled down to sleep.
"Yes" Misty laughed "It'll be different tomorrow, we'll have a nice quiet day"
"I sure hope so" Dawn smiled. Exhausted, the friends & their Pokemon were asleep within minutes.

Well, that's it for this episode, don't miss the next exciting adventure!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom