• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

no... not _her_ again... x_X

RK9-18

RÿcHead
Reaction score
*pads into the freshly created thread and sits down*

Hi... I finally decided to register after reading this forum for some time.

You might know me from TPM, then you know you won't miss too much by looking at my pics, but if you don't, erm, it's me, Arcanine18 (also known as Tacimur), wannabe Pokémon artist from Germany and freelance nerd, obsessed with Queensrÿche (the best progressive metal band on earth).

First of all, greets to ThunderMaster in whose shadow I shall walk forevermore, to esperon who's been criticizing my pics in a way that crushed my tiny ego into bits and splinters but really helped me realize my mistakes (thank you again!) and finally TheDragonProtector because of his cool Arcanine avatar.

Feel free to criticize my pictures, but I guess I know most of my many mistakes myself. I don't like perspective, and it doesn't like me.

wild dragon
The scan looks better than the original piece. It turned out completely different from what I wanted it to be. At first I hated this pic because of its sketchiness, but I'm getting used to the sight. BTW, that was the most spectacular one for today.

X-mas lioness
My best friend Yuri... based on actual events.

Dark Lugia
Quick coloring... a friend's RPG character.

Chari the Charizard
For Chari. I'm so glad she liked it... I need to practise that outlines-thingie...

my Arcanine char
Done with Polychromos.

ugly charpic of Sidus (dragon morph)
Yuck, I don't even know why I uploaded this and why on earth I am linking it now. Maybe to ask if someone could give me some hints how to do chars that are all black. Sorry for the bad light effects, but again my graphic tablet doesn't work as it should.

So, hm. That's it. BTW, the Arcanine in my sig points to my archive which is -uhm- completely in German. But feel free to take a look...

*Jaw drops* Well, you definitely convinced me that you're good already with just the dragon picture, let alone the rest. You have a good grasp of proportions and you don't seem to go sparse on detail. While I may like your style, everything seems aggressive and portraying either fangs or claws. I'm curious, do you have anything that doesn't look like it was the product of some form of angst?

I remember you from TPM. Don't know if you remember me as well, I'm know as Guardian Lugia there. I used to hang around in the art section most of the time I was there.

Wild Dragon
this one isa drawn really detailed, with a nice bit of shading. That's all I can say about it. It's just really good

X-mas liones
:-D :-D :-D This one's so funny! Lovely lion :sweet: I just have something with cute dangerous cats

Dark Lugia
Watch out! Evil Lugia! This one looks really scary and the background makes it come out even better. The legs and tail look a bit to thin, if you ask me, but overall, awesome scary picture!

Chari the Charizard
Just awesome coloring and shading and kinda friendly looking compared to your other pictures. It really is Chari. The fire in it's tail could however be a bit more lively, some more colors perhaps? A nifty background as well.

my Arcanine char
This one really looks great, the arcanine really come to live on it. Nicely shaded with crayons as well.

@Vaporeon Lugia Krabby: lol, you discovered the basic principle of my pics very fast. *g* Do I have anything that does not look angsty? This should suffice. Note how easily the thin line between "angsty" and "scary" can be crossed. XD
No, honestly, I wish I could draw really bizarre stuff like Cassandra Gibbs or Amalia Stoner, but I never will... *sighs*

@Flare Espeon: Yeah, I remember you, or at least your signature: "Fakes and friends for life". :)

Last edited:
Well the last picture you showed isn't what I would have initially expected from you but at least it shows that you have variety.

Oh, whee, I feel so honored. :rolleyes: But I am sorry that I could not live up to your expectations... No food or water for the bad Arcie for three days.

Okay, have some ugly sketches.

Chu and me
MasterChu19155 and me searching through Remedy Records, a heavy metal shop in Hamburg. She's just discovered all the Stratovarius albums she's still missing, reduced in price.

Wolf
Head looks wrong.

another wolf
Had a little meeting with other furry artists yesterday and did not know what to draw... e_e

sig Arcanine
Larger version.

Originally posted by RK9-18
@Vaporeon Lugia Krabby: lol, you discovered the basic principle of my pics very fast. *g* Do I have anything that does not look angsty?

any person that has a sense of artwork will discover that very fast because it's very obvious, i do not know if that is a good thing or not, it polutes the charizard and the lugia (sorry didnt know another way of putting it)

ive commented on your jumping arcanine on tpm,
my advice take it or not, let loose of the dragonstyle that you put in everything, you create dragons
and they look oke as far as the sketch there,
but it doesnt fit a lugia

overall 7,2/10

with the leaping arcanine as the best of those which i give a solid 8,3/10 good

also, if i seem to get off a tad harsh, its really nothing personal, im critical thats all, i wished more were like that so that they could point out things that are not well done so i can improve on those,
for example when i would post a picture some might go ''OMG! 10000/1000'' (well you know the drill)

but when id show that same piece of art to my teacher he'll go like ''hmm.. hmm uhu'' (then the ammo of arguments come) and ill end up with highly a 7,8/10!!

but those will boost my motivation in doing better next time.. maybe we should set up a rule about giving critisism, being a required thing to give in a reply.. altho many wont post then because it will take to long to gain a post so i dunno :\

esperon, I know well what you're talking about... I hate boards where even the ugliest MS paint stick figures are "sooo cuuuute" and "sooo sweeeet" and "great!" just because ppl want to be polite.

I'd love to see more of your artwork. You rate very strictly, and I wonder if this is because you frequently score 9.5-10 on your own scale or just because you are a strict critic. Plus, I'm always looking for good Poké-fanart. :)

You also ask me to change and get rid of my dragon style. To call it a pollution of the Pokémon drawn is IMO very harsh...! It sounds like "*puke* OMG, don't do that again! The poor PKMN!"
I don't know, does that really look so appalling? To my mind it was just my own style, as I did not want to copy the anime style and always preferred more realistic pics to wannabe-anime style fan art. BTW, I always thought of Lugia as a dragon. But if the pics really look so wrong I'll consider to avoid dragon style in the future.

About the claws-teeth-angst thing... surely there are happier persons than me, and many with a less violent imagination...

i didnt mean that in the litteral way of making it suck or not
but more like it doesnt belong,
and creating your own style doesnt take like 5 years like everyone believes it does, a style is something of a life path
it takes your whole life, you can only grow towards it,
ofcourse you can get a very good looking sketch technique, but it's usually based on something, so no real style is going on

a style that really becomes your ID takes years and years to develop
what we are all doing is pretty much rookie stuff, even the arts from rei (dunno if anyone knows her) or any other good artist that creates colorful good pictures, no-one is really far from it if they just gain experience, anyone can draw except some can't draw a certain ''style'' like pokemon but you might get very close to some type of art that rei or any other artist doesnt get close to

thats only if you are open and interested tho

saying you have your own style is a big thing, i only know of 1 person that he has his own style on age 19, he draws people in a certain way that you immediatly know its from him, allthough a sad thing is people is the only things he draws and so eventho he has build his own style its still rather primitive because if he would draw a landscape it would be completely different from the people he draws.

anyone take out whatever he wants, i dont want come out hard
i dont have my own style, i draw pokemon based on pokemon style/manga/anime stylei draw people based on manga/anime style, but eventually youll mix up all sorts of influences and get to something, eventually

and i talk to much

No, you don't talk too much, not at all.
But please feel free to stop me if I'm getting on your nerves.

Do you have a homepage or larger collection of your Pokémon art uploaded somewher?

As it seems our opinions of what to call a personal sytle differ... From your point of view it's something that one acquires over the years until he can be clearly distinguished from all other artists by just looking at a picture of him.
When I talked about "my style" I didn't mean to sound like a little showoff. For me, anyone has a certain style practically from the moment he starts drawing. (Okay, not really, but maybe you know what I want to say.) So for me it doesn't necessairly mean to be unique, just do do certain things this or that way. For example, do you know Vitani da Real? She draws Lion King, but you could still tell that she has a certain style of her own. (http://www.shadowwalkers.net/gallery/vitanidareal). And I haven't found anyone on the web that draws Arcanines the way I do. They may not look like I've invented them, but still they're drawn my way.
Hehe... okay, so much for definitions. ^^ Hope I could make myself quite clear...

no i don't have my own webspace anymore, it got deleted from msn, it had pretty much everything on it i created throughout the start of drawing at tpm untill like a year ago

i still have everything here but some pieces like a marril with the smaller version of it on a picture done in cell shading was done in photoshop i cant get that back

ofcourse everyone has their own way of drawing things, of getting to something, but eventually its based on something

even if its your style of drawing its not yours because its a pokemon, and pokemon are done by nintendo

i also dont call it a real style when i for example draw a human
the human itself, its completely my idea, but the style is manga
so you base your style even when own invention on another style

not that its a bad thing it can still look good, and thats what you do here on a pokemon board, someone wouldnt like you if you didnt post pokemon related thing here i noticed that so they expect something, as long as they can recognise the style. which is pokemon related even when done in your own style of drawing

I LOVE the dragon picture. All of the other pictures I see are wrong, but you have it right. In order for dragons to be able to fly like we think they do, the base of the wing must stretch from the shoulder to the hip. (I did research on dragons, and along with this information, I figured out that DRAGONS WERE REAL AND THEY COULD BREATHE FIRE!) I'm glad you did that. I really like the Arcanine, too. Keep up the good work!

I don't want to say 'OMFG', but hey, you're that artist that drew this amazing Flygon pic!
Sorry for not being able to comment on your absolutely wonderful art, since I'm not an good artist myself, I can't point out what you could do better. I can only admire o.o

Well great work. Do what Kasumi says or she will roast you on an open fire! :D

wow that is all i can say
i have a few very talented friends but you bet them all
except licia your tied with licia

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom