• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rah! My friend's challenge!

jackisthemasterofwater

Totodile Smokes Crack
Reaction score
Okay, my friend has set a challenge. Both me and him must train mono-teams up to battle each other. This isn't like playing the adventure... we each catch Pokemon for our oppenent, then have to raise the ones we get. The first challenge was a Bug team. I know my friend has:

- Weedle
- Paras
- Venonat
- Yanma
- Pineco
- Scyther

I caught him them. He gave me:

- Caterpie
- Weedle
- Ledyba
- Spinarak
- Female Wurmple
- Male Wurmple

Jeez... I really need help creating a good team. I have a week, so don't go stupid. I also can't use any other Pokemon (Dratted Sapphire!) so Breeding won't work to well. I have a HM slaves, and that's it. My current team might be something like:

Butterfree @ Leftovers
Trait: Compound Eyes
Nature: Hardy (WHY?!)
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Substitute
- Psychic

Beedrill @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
Nature: Hardy (I'm SO gonna kill him!)
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Brick Break

Ledian @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Early Bird
Nature: Calm (That's better...)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Subsitute

Ariados @ Liechi Berry
Nature: Adament
- Spider Web
- Agility
- Baton Pass (I'll breed with Ledian to get it)
- ??? (I dunno... Maybe Psychic...)

Beautifly @ Miracle Seed
Nature: Timid
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Morning Sun
- ??? (Maybe Giga Drain)

Dustox @ Choice Band
Trait: Shield Dust
Nature: Adament
- Silver Wind
- Shadow Ball
- ??? (Maybe Toxic)
- ??? (Maybe Light Screen)

Forgot to say... this is on Ruby, but I can trade onto FireRed as well. Anyone help. The battle begins on Saturday.

I'd say look for Aerial Ace. If you have the TM, use it on Dustox. Could be useful...

Give Ariados a Return TM, if you have multiple...might as well give it to Dustox.

Try to obtain another Psychic TM for Beautifly. It will serve you better than a second Grass-type attack.

If you've no access to the TMs aforementioned...things will be even more arduous...but you can always try Hyper Beam on Dustox for kicks. Ariados could use something to play off that Liechi Berry, so try to find something...perhaps another Sludge Bomb TM? If you have FR to trade with...consider Double-Edge for a Pokemon on your team(preferably Dustox in place of Return). Body Slam could be a last resort for Ariados.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom