• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

READ BEFORE POSTING - The Artist's Alcove Guidelines [UPDATED 8/26/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: READ BEFORE POSTING - The Artist's Alcove Guidelines [UPDATED 6/21/03]

Added a general overview of the three sections of the Artist's Alcove today:

Addendum 6/2/10:

I thought that this should be added because there are two new things that extend from the Artist's Alcove. Since these are two 'strictly based' type subforums that have been added to the Artist's Alcove within the last year or so, let's be going over them.

No. 1: The Artist's Alcove - "Share your Pokémon fanart here, along with any other unique and individual art."

The Artist's Alcove forum is now mainly for artwork that's been drawn with pencil and paper or have been worked on in programs like PhotoShop, Painter, GIMP, SAI or any other art programs that one can come to be naming. In addition to drawn out works, things like signature banners and image manipulations and/or edits can be having their own thread or added to the original artist's thread for other things that they can be doing. Note that the Artist's Alcove is still, and won't be, for fan works or pieces that you did not do. The rules above state why we disallow discussions or posts on things like that.

No. 2: The Artisan's Gallery - "A place for artists to show off their wares; other users can solicit works from the artists who are 'selling.'"

The Artisan's Gallery was created when we started to have a boom of 'shops' opening up in the Artist's Alcove. This had become a problem because it was making it so that other artists weren't getting the recognition that many of them deserved. Now that we have The Artisan's Gallery, we're proud to say that we have many different 'shopkeepers' -- all that do many different things and all have their own different styles that they've developed for their stores. All shops should be posted in here rather than in the main Artist's Alcove.

No. 3: The Spriter's Sanctuary - "A place exclusively for those who work with sprites to offer their creations to the Bulbagarden community."

To avoid the Alcove to be getting cluttered with strictly sprite based threads, we've created and implemented a new subforum called 'The Spriter's Sanctuary' that many of the spriters that we have in our community can be going to to be getting that specific attention. Note that this subforum isn't for shops in any way, shape or form. This is only for spriters that want to show off what they can be doing without the worry of requests or getting things done for others.

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING - The Artist's Alcove Guidelines [UPDATED 6/2/10]

Question from a new artist to the boards . . . are WIP (work in progress) threads allowed if they are kept reasonable (not a post for every single line, for example) if they are demonstrating a particular technique for instructional purposes?

Hmmmm, just asking - what if we want information on a specific artist who drew Pokemon Fanart, because we can't display it on the Alcove... does this mean we can on Pokemon World board?

@BlindTyldak

We prefer to have a user keep their art confined to one thread. Now... someone may come in here and state otherwise with this next part, tho you should probably also be keeping WIPs and finished stuff in the same thread, as well. Mainly because multiple threads with just a member's art could be considered a bit spammish seeing as how it's the same person.

@Feng

I do not know the answer to this. However... I would imagine not. If there were really any place that I would take actually going ahead and doing that would be to probably find an 'Art Appreciator's Club' in the groups section. I'm not sure if that even exists yet, but hey, if you want to be the first one to start that, go right ahead.

Added a small yet important bit to a section of the OP:

No. 1: The Artist's Alcove - "Share your Pokémon fanart here, along with any other unique and individual art."

The Artist's Alcove forum is now mainly for artwork that's been drawn with pencil and paper or have been worked on in programs like PhotoShop, Painter, GIMP, SAI or any other art programs that one can come to be naming. In addition to drawn out works, things like signature banners and image manipulations and/or edits can be having their own thread or added to the original artist's thread for other things that they can be doing. Note that the Artist's Alcove is still, and won't be, for fan works or pieces that you did not do. The rules above state why we disallow discussions or posts on things like that. Also, please do not post sprite work in this forum anymore! If you want to be posting your sprites, please post them to the Spriter's Sanctuary!

EDIT: Nevermind, got my answers.

Last edited:
In regards to rule number 4: Would it be against the rules for me to create a thread for my girlfriend's Pokemon art, so that she doesn't have to make an account and do it herself? (she'd just forget to check it, since she has a main webpage for her artwork, Pokemon or otherwise, elsewhere). She sells the art she makes (and does requests), so she'd like to get word of her works out to people who might be interested in seeing, buying, or spreading the word about it (namely, the die-hard Pokemon fans around here). But since she's not on the internet that often, it would be easier for me to just post some pictures and a hyperlink to her webpage for her, and continue to check up on the thread here. Would this be okay, since I'd be posting the art because she wants it posted?

@ElikidDude

Something like that would be okay on the forums. It's a bit iffy for some in a sense, since it still is art you didn't do yourself, but given the explanation for the reason being, I don't see the harm in it.

I wanted to ask something.

Are we allowed to post drawn comics in The Artists' Alcove? Personally in my case, the Pokemon comic I'm working on is actually hosted on a comic hosting site, and I don't really want to upload each page onto an image host and post them directly in the forums. Is that still fine?

I wanted to ask something.

Are we allowed to post drawn comics in The Artists' Alcove? Personally in my case, the Pokemon comic I'm working on is actually hosted on a comic hosting site, and I don't really want to upload each page onto an image host and post them directly in the forums. Is that still fine?
Yes, that's just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom