• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Releasing pokémon

Tiitar

Pokémon#248
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried releasing a pokémon, only to find as it shrinks it reappears, with Bebe's pc then telling you "Bibarel came back! Maybe it was worried about you.."?

Ah, but it's happened to me at the start of the game before I'd even collected any HMs. So it's obviously not just caused by that.

It has Rock climb indeed, but why is that the case?

This is just a guess but if no other pokemon have rock climb, you may have the potential to get stuck where you are in the game if you cant catch another.

But there must be another reason too...

It's a safety measure so that you don't strand yourself in an island and release all the Pokemon that know surf and fly, of course, it's not like there's anywhere in Sinnoh like that.

hmm... I could see that but it doesn't make any sense at the same time since you can only release things from a PC and there is usually a pokemart near by to buy pokeballs (if you don't have any) and catch something else to teach the HM too.

In fact it's slightly annoying instead of helpful.

EDIT:

Because apparantly making one statement and making a lengthy explanation explaining the reasoning behind HM Pokemon and release is considered scolding.

I mean seriosuly, has it become the next fashionable thing to keep bumping a thread that should have been dead a long time ago to tell someone to stop scolding people, when ironically that is exactly what they are doing to me aswell?

EDIT 2:

I'm bringing my post back because finally someone gets it.

hmm... I could see that but it doesn't make any sense at the same time since you can only release things from a PC and there is usually a pokemart near by to buy pokeballs (if you don't have any) and catch something else to teach the HM too.

In fact it's slightly annoying instead of helpful.

Let's see, in the past games, there has been Pacifidlog, Mosdeep, Sootopolis, Evergrande, Cianwood, and Cinabar, all ilsands that had access to a PC. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, there was no Pokemart in Cinabar.

hmm... I could see that but it doesn't make any sense at the same time since you can only release things from a PC

The concept of depositing a Pokemon obviosuly eludes you.

there is usually a pokemart near by to buy pokeballs (if you don't have any) and catch something else to teach the HM too.

A person can easily waste all their money and toss all their items so that they would have nothing to pawn off for Pokeballs, essentially leaving them a permanent citizen of all these islands.

As you can plainly see from my list above, this was a problem that was very rampant in Hoenn, having so many places to strand yourself, but as I have mentioned already, there seems to be no where in Sinnoh to do such a thing, except possibly Canalve City. Sure Canalave is not exactly an island, and does have a ferry, but you must remmeber that that ferry only leads you to the smaller islands up north, while the only route to Canalave is through water.

Just like Canalave for Sinnoh, there are also less obviosu places to trap yourself. Without the aid of Cut, you will end up trapping yourself between pallet and cerulean city in Kanto, and without Surf or Strength, you end up trapping yourself in Mahogany town (you needed strength to get through Ice pathif I recall).

Yes, it's in a spoiler tag for all you people who think that being corrected is considered scolding. So this way, you are protected from the apparant insults in my post, and by responding to it again, you are obviously just out to start a flame war.

Last edited:
I take back this post, it should have been in a PM.

Last edited:
I second that. "L" you should be nicer, i remember when i first came here a few weeks ago, and you hounded on me. Karma dude, Karma.

I agree

I second that. "L" you should be nicer, i remember when i first came here a few weeks ago, and you hounded on me. Karma dude, Karma.

He needs to lighten up, we'd like to talk about pokémon without being scolded.

You're not being scolded because your post count is decidedly low, it's because most of your posts have no valuable content. You can complain about the mechanics all you want, it won't change them.

I can understand asking questions about the game mechanics and small quips about them, but constantly bumping a thread with idle bickering is just irritating.

You can't get rid of it, that's the way it is, you've known that since post #2 and confirmed in post #6. Teach another Pokemon the HM or keep your Bidbarel.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom