• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Some Pokemon drabbles (two SV, one PLA)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
I wrote some 100 word ficlets for a challenge so I thought I'd share them with you. The PLA one showed as being 100 words in the word counter but Ao3 says 101 but screw it, close enough. Oh yeah big spoilers for both games but heck.

The Cold Light of Morning
Usually, Clavell felt fantastic in the morning. He was always quick to fall asleep, promptly at ten thirty. His bedroom had been carefully structured and decked out with everything to create a proper restful sleep. Just the right pillows, the right sleep mask, the right scents gently wafted from the right device.

But when his brisk five thirty am came around, he awoke with a strange feeling of sadness. It should be a fantastic day, he thought to himself. Why should he feel so troubled?

The answer, a memory returned, of a phone call from Arven. His dear friend was--

Sun After Rain
She had seen small rainbows before, around the numerous waterfalls that spilled through the crater, and the brilliant crystalline lights that flowed through the Area Zero air were everpresent in any era.

But AI Sada's first full rainbow, after a light rain over what would be Casseroya Lake, still caught her off guard. She had never seen such a beautiful sight before, even through her creator's memories. But her creator had different priorities. The beauty of the natural world, the liberation of being a free adventurer, those were things the AI could never take for granted.

She watched in wonderment.

Morality Play
Morality was a spectrum, Laventon knew. It depended on so very many things--cultural influence and priorities, desperation, survival, and so forth.

But he also knew that there had to be some objective right and wrong. That certain things were steadfast no matter where you were in the world, no matter how grim things became. To give in to true evil was to create a poison with no cure.

When Volo approached him at the Beachside Camp, speaking of a renegade god, of how he wished to change the world, Laventon began to wonder just how easily he would be swayed.

Gosh you really capture the feeling of grief without remembering the cause, then the cause crashing over you as realization sets in, then... ahhhhhh it's so heartbreaking.

Sun After Rain
Yes!!!! YES!!!!!! The AI discovering beautiful things about the world outside the crater!!!!!!!!! Good things for the AI!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Morality Play
Volo... Volo no... I feel a sort of helplessness from Laventon, like he wants to stop Volo from going down the path of objective evil but can't, like he knows and accepts Volo's fate. Please tell me I'm wrong and this is an AU where Laventon and Volo form a friendship that saves the latter.

Well the PLA one is set after the Spear Pillar incident while the player character is catching Giratina, so Volo's already done The Thing. But my intent was more that Laventon found himself understanding where Volo was coming from, and why, even though Laventon disagrees about such an extreme measure, why anybody would want something like that.

YES GOOD THINGS FOR THE AI PLZ

My heart couldn't handle that man, it's only a small snippet, and yet it packs so much emotion. I'm still heartbroken though TwT

Sun After Rain
AI appreciation, always a plus. Getting an AI to experience the natural beauty and finesse the earth has to offer is something incredible, definitely my favorite. I agree with torchic, GOOD THINGS FOR THE AI

Morality Play

Ah the extremely harsh simple contemplation of one's morality. It seems like a simple thing on the surface, but once you get in deep, it makes you really question the things people go through and their viewpoints on both sides of the story.

Overall, really great stuff from all three stories, more of these would be incredible to read! :bulbaLove:

My heart couldn't handle that man, it's only a small snippet, and yet it packs so much emotion. I'm still heartbroken though TwT

Sun After Rain
AI appreciation, always a plus. Getting an AI to experience the natural beauty and finesse the earth has to offer is something incredible, definitely my favorite. I agree with torchic, GOOD THINGS FOR THE AI

Morality Play

Ah the extremely harsh simple contemplation of one's morality. It seems like a simple thing on the surface, but once you get in deep, it makes you really question the things people go through and their viewpoints on both sides of the story.

Overall, really great stuff from all three stories, more of these would be incredible to read! :bulbaLove:
Thank you so much for reading!

God yes good things for the AI. If you want to read a much, much longer fic about good things for the AI (though the other one), might I suggest my fic The Future Between Us?

I wish canon had elaborated on that conversation Laventon and Volo had. It was juuust enough to explain what happened but it's frustrating that we only got a recap.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom