• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sub-forum for posting feedback?

Hubologist

Post-Apocalyptic
Reaction score
I've noticed something lately: There doesn't appear to be a sub-forum dedicated to feedback, i.e., miscellaneous questions for the staff (is my sig too big?), reports of problems with the forum/other posters, or general questions about whether or not such and such behavior is appropriate, etc.

There have been several occasions where I wanted to offer feedback or ask the staff a question, and the only option seems to be sending a PM to a mod or admin... which sometimes works, but isn't always appropriate.

For example, I created this thread in the Garden Grotto because I didn't know where else to put it, or to whom I should send a PM.

EDIT: I mean, I realize that there are sig rules stickied in this sub-forum (for example), but other than pre-existing guidelines there doesn't seem to be a place to ask questions.

I'm pretty sure this is the right place for the kind of topics you described. Way back when in the beginning of this BMG era, there was a forum called the Newbie Help Organisation though I guess it was thought to be extraneous and was just merged with the Garden Grotto.

Yeah, this is the forum to ask questions in. Though if you've got a problem with a specific other member, you'd be better served by PMing a mod or admin if you can't deal with the person individually. Plus there's the Report Post button if you find a post particularly offensive.

But, again, this is the forum for discussion about the site itself or asking questions regarding the site. Used to say something to that effect in the forum description, but times change.

While we're at it, why not address something I've been bitching about since before I registered? Would it kill BMGf to have a forum or subforum for new members that's a user manual? It would cover the options in the User CP, how to have custom avatars, how to have custom sig images, etc.? I know all these topics have been covered by posts, but I dare defy anyone to find them.

While I am more adapt in my surroundings by now, I must concur with the gadfly. Its frustrating for new users to navigate their way around when they first drop in. Yes, we do have a portal for guests, but navigating user options seems like an entirely different level. I've had to do all the crawling around myself out of boredom in order to figure out what options benefited me or were just another random feature.

Shoot, I think some of the elder members are still finding new things to use. I didn't even know we had an 'arcade' feature until 4 months ago.

Including a topic that covers those basics would indeed be a boon to many already established here.

This forum is really where those kinds of questions are meant to go, but given your comments, maybe it's worth bringing back something like the NHO (to move all the welcome topics into), and have the grotto to revert to its original purpose.

As for your suggestion gadfly...that's an excellent idea. Now all I have to do is find someone with enough free time on their hands to type up something like that....^^;;
For the time being, there's actually an inbuilt FAQ system with vB that kind of answers some of those issues. We disabled it from the main menu ages back, given how out-of-date it was at the time, and how little it really covers, but it's still accessible with that link, and still works fine. Still, this is probably what we'd build off to create what you're thinking of.

Oh, okay, so this basically is the feedback forum... cool.

Well, I'm glad I posted this thread in the right forum, then. :lol:

(Can't remember the feedback I had that made me think of this, which is sort of ironic....)

As for your suggestion gadfly...that's an excellent idea. Now all I have to do is find someone with enough free time on their hands to type up something like that....^^;;

You could have a forum where users ask "how do I..." and somebody answers. In time, you'd have enough posts to compile a comprehensive user manual. I'd dare say nobody here knows everything.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom