• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite Pokémon game?

Which is your favourite (main series & related) Pokémon game?

• Red (Japanese)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green (Japanese)

• Blue (Japanese)

• Red

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Stadium

• Gold

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Crystal

• Stadium 2

• Ruby

• Sapphire

• Emerald

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • FireRed

• LeafGreen

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Box

• Colosseum

• XD: Gale of Darkness

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Pearl

• Platinum

Votes: 22 13.9%
  • HeartGold

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Battle Revolution

• My Pokémon Ranch

• Black

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • White

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters
Your right. Everyone's expectations are different depending on what game you started with.

life is like that too. Oh no Philosophy. It's taking my mind!

0110 Pokemon Diamond

000220 Pokemon Emerald

333330 Pokemon Fire Red

Not got any others :(

Last edited:
My Pearl game was super awesome the first time, but after transferring my well trained Pokémon from my earlier games, I just didn't have the heart to re-start the game and erase them all. Now I see why Lisa got both versions.

Mystery Dungeon 2 was also great. I got stuck at Surrounded Sea and waited for a good week and a half for someone to rescue me, but I didn't have that much patience.

I just loved Pokemon Silver. I don't think I enjoyed any other Pokemon game that much. RSE and RBY were okay I guess and I haven't played DP yet...

FireRed > LeafeGreen > Yellow > Red > Blue > Pearl > Diamond > Emerald > Ruby > Sapphire > Crystal > Silver > Gold

I'm sorry, but the story line in GSC is just too stupid and the Pokemon were too ugly. I also disliked the day/night mechanic in that series.

This is a hard one. It might be DP, but FireRed is close, too.
I think the programmers didn't really harness the full potential of the DS's capabilities. dp could have been better, but it's possibly my favourite.
FireRed, however, was awesome, too. A remake of the originals, but with lots of convenient new features? Totally awesome.
So for me, it's a toss-up between dp or fr/lg.

Also, I think gold and silver were overrated. They were awesome, but not the flawless games everyone says they are.

I also think that the games have been doing nothing but getting better and better with each new version.

That's just me. :)

What is ur favorite portable pokemon game of all time and why?

My fovorite pokemon game ever is gold. The reason for this is pretty obvious. It was my first handheld video game ever.

Re: What is ur favorite portable pokemon game of all time and why?

crystal and Silver
i just overall loved 2nd Gen feraligator is 1 of my favorite pokemon of all time :D

Silver. first and best.

I'd have to say yellow, I liked R/B but yellow was good because you didn't have the good old starter pokemon to help you at the start of the game.

ooohh.. emerald, definitely. I'm still playing it to this day and I have 330 hours on it. the battle frontier never gets old (even though I can never win any symbols -.-)

Yellow, because it was the good ol' and original stuff.

I can only say Platinum, because it's the only portable Pokemon gave I've had.

Well, side-games like MD should count as Portable, but for me, Probably Silver. I really liked it, being my first, and I really liked Gen 3, 1, and 4, but Gen 2 seems to be, I dunno, better.

Platinum. I been with the series since the beginning, but I still like Platinum the most. There is just so much to see and do. I really don't think I'll ever be done with that game though.

Currently Platinum, but it's sorta dying on me and will probably be replaced with HGSS.

Crystal and FRLG are tied for second.

Pokémon Crystal.
It was the game that introduced Battle Tower. If it hadn't, then my favorite would be Pokémon Silver (the first pokemon game I got).

Silver. After playing through the Gen 1 trio countless times, I finally got Silver for Christmas. I was completely blown away by all the new features. I mean, a freaking daytime system!? I remember waking up early on some days just to be able to catch specific Pokemon. And I loved every minute of it.

The internal save battery has long since died in my original copy, but I still play it today with the help of an emulator. And it's still the best Pokemon game I've ever played.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom