• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third version to HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare Blitz

Reaction score
NOTE: THIS ISN'T THE SAME THING AS A CRYSTAL REMAKE. THIS IS A THREAD FOR A NEW THIRD VERSION WITH THE NAME CRYSTAL SIMILAR HOW HGSS ARE CRYSTAL REMAKES WITH THE NAME GOLD AND SILVER.

Seeing how HGSS is outstandingly popular and Celebi is the mascot event of next year's movie, I think we might see a new game next year. Not saying I want GF to, but it seems plausbile. With Gen IV's pattern, I can see there being a one-year gap between this and Gen V.

I can see GF giving Celebi and the Beast Trio new formes in this game, so the main aspect of the movie will be "new". (It's a given that a 5th gen pokemon will debut, but it won't be the main aspect with Celebi around.)

I think if it's made we will see some plot expansion (A confirmation of Athena being Silver's mother, anyone?) and new characters along with a new BF for the anime. Johto Pokemon in Johto and the Pre-E4 Johto Gym Leader teams being fixed.

Again, I do NOT want a new third version, but I won't doubt the chances of it.

Last edited:
Re: An Entirely New Third Version with the name Crystal? NOTE: NOT CRYSTAL REMAKE THR

I can see GF giving Celebi and the Beast Trio new formes in this game

No more new forms please... especially of older Pokemon.

Re: An Entirely New Third Version with the name Crystal? NOTE: NOT CRYSTAL REMAKE THR

This would more likely happen with a 4th DPt game with some kinda crazy new mini area between the two regions. Yes a 3rd game with Johto and Sinnoh in it as well. Crazy.

This would more likely happen with a 4th DPt game with some kinda crazy new mini area between the two regions. Yes a 3rd game with Johto and Sinnoh in it as well. Crazy.

Do you mean the unidentified region with the Shinto Ruins that is blatantly based off of Tōhoku?

I'm positive GameFreak is saving it for Gen V.

OK fine leave it for gen 5. But why do a Mind Crystal? I mean sure new stuff would be great but I just cannot see it.

GF has already incorporated a number of Crystal elements into HG/SS, like the Extremespeed Dratini, the Elusine/Suicune plot, and the music used for the trio.

GF has already incorporated a number of Crystal elements into HG/SS, like the Extremespeed Dratini, the Elusine/Suicune plot, and the music used for the trio.
This ISN'T the same as a Crystal remake. It's an entirely new third version with the name Crystal.

OK fine leave it for gen 5. But why do a Mind Crystal? I mean sure new stuff would be great but I just cannot see it.
Money.

I don't want Mind Crystal either, but HGSS is 10x more popular than FRLG ever was and I think GF might of slipped the same teams and BF for a reason.

I like think HGSS as the last games of Gen IV and I'm sure it was GameFreak's intention to do so, but anime needs some new stuff to advertise and work with.

Is the point of this thread then to discuss what we would like to see in a third version of HGSS?

If that's the case, I'd like some gym leaders with more variety in their pokemon (Yes, I know, I'm still complaining about this, sue me :p).

Honestly, I really don't know what else there should be, since we don't even know everything about HGSS right now. IMO this topic was premature since we don't even have version-exclusive lists and the like.

Am I the only one who understands what you mean besides Mitchman?
It's a good idea. but I for one cant see it happening as GF more than likely are working on G5 right now and dont have the time to do another HGSS-like game. Assuming this hypothetical 'Crystal' is released to tie in with the new film in 2010, when will Gen 5 come? 2011/12? I think it's more likely:
We get movie 13 2010, with a hint of a G5 Pokemon, and an announcement of Movie 14 in 2011.
G5 Games are released in 2011 to tie in with Movie 14.

Games are usually released every 2 years (barring HGSS/Platinum because HGSS was already in development.) The above schedule adheres to that.
I'd like Mind Crystal or whatever. Just don't see it.

I don't quite understand what you're getting at. Why make a third version for two remakes, using the name of the third game for the original two games, and not make the new "Crystal" game a remake?

What you're suggesting is a plot expansion. HGSS has plot expansion. So you'd be expanding the plot which has already been expanded. Rather pointless, because they could've just added those new plots into HGSS. And we don't need new formes of anything - Celebi, maybe. But it's not necessary. I think new formes would be overkill and completely unnecessary. How many Pokemon have secret formes? How many Pokemon need new formes?

There wasn't a third game for FRLG, I don't think there will be a third game for HGSS. GF should start working on Gen V. Besides, why can't the anime just make up more stuff? Not a lot of the anime is based off the games. Just the basic premise - 10-year-old kid goes on adventure. They borrow characters like Gary, Lucas, Dawn and me (Barry), but other than that, the anime very loosely follows the plot of the game. It's always been that way. I don't see why the games should come up with something so the movies can follow it exactly. For example, the entire Orange Islands arc was made up. An entire season of the anime was made up, with nothing borrowed from the games. Every movie so far has come with a plot not seen in the games. Why you think it should be different, I don't know.

Oh please, no new Formes, especially not with old Pokémon. The idea was original with Deoxys, but raped by Giratina, killed by Rotom and necrophilised by Shaymin.

Why would they give the same name to two entirely different Pokemon games?
They didn't make a Yellow remake; chances are they won't make a Crystal remake.

Let me clarify things:

HGSS ARE remakes of Crystal, just named Gold and Silver. Since they already remade Crystal, a third version of HGSS will be considered a new third version just with a reused name. It won't be a completely new game since it's an entry in the GSCHGSS series.

They didn't make a Yellow remake; chances are they won't make a Crystal remake.
GF trademarked WaterBlue and FRLG weren't popular like HGSS is. WaterBlue probably would of been a Yellow Remake with a different name since FRLG was a Blue remake. Actually, using Yellow as a comparison isn't a good example. Yellow is in it's own category since it's based off the anime.

Honestly, I really don't know what else there should be, since we don't even know everything about HGSS right now. IMO this topic was premature since we don't even have version-exclusive lists and the like

True, we should let this topic die for now until we know everything about HGSS.

But there's a report archived in Bulbanews about GF trademarking about every color you can think of, just so they can pick up copyright infringement lawsuits if hacks are made...

I doubt they'll remake Yellow though, it wouldn't fit with FRLG because it would be in 3D now

How about this:
MINDFUCKINGBLOWINGCRYSTAL WITH HOENN!

I don't understand what you mean..

A completely different Johto game, that just happens to share part of its name with Crystal? As in, a game set in Johto, or that you can travel to Johto? Or, a sequel to HSS? With Leaf and Hoenn..

They might reuse Crystal sometime in the future, or a similar color. But...I doubt they would actually use Crystal, if it isn't a remake.

I don't understand what you mean..

A completely different Johto game, that just happens to share part of its name with Crystal? As in, a game set in Johto, or that you can travel to Johto? Or, a sequel to HSS? With Leaf and Hoenn..

They might reuse Crystal sometime in the future, or a similar color. But...I doubt they would actually use Crystal, if it isn't a remake.

A third version to HGSS, ala Platinum and Emerald. HGSS is Crystal remade, so technically it would be a completely new third version.

How do I edit the thread's title, it's misleading.

(A confirmation of Athena being Silver's mother, anyone?)

SILVERS MOTHER IS MARS DURRRH.

It's a cool idea though, but in all honest, no matter what you say, it would just be a remake of Crystal with significant plot changes.

A third version to HGSS, ala Platinum and Emerald. HGSS is Crystal remade, so technically it would be a completely new third version.

What would they add?

Leaf..Silver's mom..A new battle frontier, or some more battle related ingame stuff?

They won't, they only ever remake the first two games, then go to the next generation/another main series game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom