• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping Club...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone has watched the countless T.Rocket Mottos and found how many of them are J&J related
No... Please, tell me you're joking... =.=;
Although this is not even funny.

Now for more pictures because I'm in that kind of mood...
*takes a look at the pictures*
I think I even know what kind of mood it was... Uncle Sigmund couldn't lie! xD

DarkDreams said:
Anyone know what i'm getting at? ;D
Of course! XD That was totally hilarious, DarkDreams, you won the Internet XD

EDIT: Guys... the thread is so slow last few days... and I don't like it :p

Last edited:
EDIT: Guys... the thread is so slow last few days... and I don't like it :p

1. The next Rocket episode hasn't been anounced yet, so we don't have much to specualte about.

2. Snake is gone until Friday.

3. Since things are slow, here's the most recent stuff tonight's writer (Shinzo Fujita) has done:

DP108

DP108_1.png

DP108_2.png

DP140

DP140_1.jpg

DP147

DP147_1.jpg

What's interesting about this is that these are the only DP episodes I have for him... Now, I still haven't done early DP, but the odds of something showing up there aren't high.

And if I may go off on a writer tangent since nothing else is going on...

On my site I have four writers listed as shippy writers (Junki, Tomioka, Oohashi, Matsui) and under other writers there are only 3 currently active writers (Yonemura, Fujita, Sogo). And what's really fun is how those three are getting in on the act. I already listed what Fujita has done, we all know what Yonemura has been up to, and Masashi Sogo gave us "roar roar stomp stomp stomp".

It's hard to believe that all seven writers (and even more hard to believe how few writers there actually are) are actually giving us shippy/cute stuff. We seem to finally be at the point where any new episode can give us something. Yeah, some of the stuff I listed isn't really shippy, but I know we'll all take something cute over nothing at all.

My next post I'll talk about ADs and what they've been up to shipping wise.

Time for the low down on Animation Directors.

Wanting to be a writer after I graduate and not being able to draw worth a crap, I'm obviously not as familiar with them as most of the fandom. Figuring out how many there are is also a lot harder since some go many months without doing something. To add to the confusion, since Takeda's disappearance, many new ADs have popped up to "take his place". I decided the easiest way to figure this all out was to just look at every DP episode I've done so far. Though when I finally add this section to my site I'll obviously go all the way back, but I just want to give a general idea of who's more prone to Rocketshippyness. Taking all of that into consideration, here's what I've discovered.

We have two tiers of Rocketshippy ADs. Izumi Shimura and Kunihiko Natsume make up tier 1.

Shimura is our main person as she's done the most episodes as well as being the Guardie and Kojiro girl. And by Guradie and Kojiro girl I mean she did that episode, the episode where Shinji and Satoshi battle, and DP153. The only one she didn't do was that AG episode where Nyasu is wearing the outfit. So she literally is the animator version of Junki.

Natsume has done a lot of random touching (DP103, DP095) and has given us the closest thing to an HD fearhug we've had yet, as well as the infamous heart scale. (DP133)

Our tier 2 Rocketshippers are Iwane and Kinoshita. One of the most loved animators and one of the most hated animators. These guys are tier 2 because they've done more than a few episodes that have shippyness, but not enough to show they're big Rocketshippers.

Iwane has given things like our last real fearhug (DP108) and Kinoshita has given us things like our recent arm link (DP148).

Everyone else has only done one episode, so I guess you could call them tier 3 if you wanted. There are slightly more ADs than writers (again, there's just too many to do an accurate count right now) so basically we're in the same boat as we are writer wise. Not too bad.

Last edited:
I hope Iwane will give us a fearhug on Christmas eve again. :)

1. The next Rocket episode hasn't been anounced yet, so we don't have much to specualte about.

2. Snake is gone until Friday.

3. Since things are slow, here's the most recent stuff tonight's writer (Shinzo Fujita) has done:
I hope that we get chattier on weekend... 2 more days and my "Winter Festival" break is starting ;D

DP108

DP108_1.png

DP108_2.png

DP140

DP140_1.jpg

DP147

DP147_1.jpg

What's interesting about this is that these are the only DP episodes I have for him... Now, I still haven't done early DP, but the odds of something showing up there aren't high. [/spoiler]
Oh, that was him who did "Omg, Kojiro owned someone!" episode? :D I officially like him now, even though I've never heard of him earlier ;D

On my site I have four writers listed as shippy writers (Junki, Tomioka, Oohashi, Matsui) and under other writers there are only 3 currently active writers (Yonemura, Fujita, Sogo). And what's really fun is how those three are getting in on the act. I already listed what Fujita has done, we all know what Yonemura has been up to, and Masashi Sogo gave us "roar roar stomp stomp stomp".

It's hard to believe that all seven writers (and even more hard to believe how few writers there actually are) are actually giving us shippy/cute stuff. We seem to finally be at the point where any new episode can give us something. Yeah, some of the stuff I listed isn't really shippy, but I know we'll all take something cute over nothing at all.
I don't think it's so hard to believe ;) Writers've just gotten wiser and now they know that it pays to be nice for Rocketshippers, since we're such dedicated and grateful fandom and all ;D

Especially I find Masashi Sogo's case interesting. He wrote a screenplay for infamous Rakurai episode just 2 years before "roar roar stomp stomp stomp" episode after all. Now, just let him make some more shippy/cute stuff and I think I'll forgive him :lol:

Anyway, it's a great thing that we can look forward to Rocketshipping practically every week. Even if it seems like there's no Rocketshipping in the episode at the first sight, it turns out sooner or later that there's something going on writer's minds nevertheless and they're just preparing form something bigger. Minor stuff is needed as much as major one, because I think it's what makes the shipping really coherent and even more enjoyable.

@jessierocketka

Wish I was but I was seriously thinking of it :)
It looks like you didn't get what I meant at all, but ok, it doesn't matter now.

Wanting to be a writer after I graduate and not being able to draw worth a crap, I'm obviously not as familiar with them as most of the fandom. Figuring out how many there are is also a lot harder since some go many months without doing something. To add to the confusion, since Takeda's disappearance, many new ADs have popped up to "take his place". I decided the easiest way to figure this all out was to just look at every DP episode I've done so far. Though when I finally add this section to my site I'll obviously go all the way back, but I just want to give a general idea of who's more prone to Rocketshippyness. Taking all of that into consideration, here's what I've discovered.

We have two tiers of Rocketshippy ADs. Izumi Shimura and Kunihiko Natsume make up tier 1.

Shimura is our main person as she's done the most episodes as well as being the Guardie and Kojiro girl. And by Guradie and Kojiro girl I mean she did that episode, the episode where Shinji and Satoshi battle, and DP153. The only one she didn't do was that AG episode where Nyasu is wearing the outfit. So she literally is the animator version of Junki.

Natsume has done a lot of random touching (DP103, DP095) and has given us the closest thing to an HD fearhug we've had yet, as well as the infamous heart scale. (DP133)

Our tier 2 Rocketshippers are Iwane and Kinoshita. One of the most loved animators and one of the most hated animators. These guys are tier 2 because they've done more than a few episodes that have shippyness, but not enough to show they're big Rocketshippers.

Iwane has given things like our last real fearhug (DP108) and Kinoshita has given us things like our recent arm link (DP148).

Everyone else has only done one episode, so I guess you could call them tier 3 if you wanted. There are slightly more ADs than writers (again, there's just too many to do an accurate count right now) so basically we're in the same boat as we are writer wise. Not too bad.

I love your analyses! ^.^

The best AD is Makoto Shinjo, since he was in charge of DP013 and gave me so much nosebleed... . Ah, Shimura, she's our girl! ^.^

And also, we should remember about AD that made one of the best Rocketshippy scenes look really epic...
Yūko Inoue! <3333
PC_TrainingDaze_03.jpg

It's too bad that she animated only 3 Hoso episodes and Raikou special D:
I demand that she should become regular animation director! >0<

Last edited:
Guys... the thread is so slow last few days... and I don't like it :p
Hehe, it's kind of good for me. This gives me time to catch up :3 (Moving house and the subsequent internet-less is laaame.)

I LOVE the way you've analysed this, too! Aww, and you're definitely more familiar than me :) When I was first involved in the fandom, I was at an age where I wasn't concerned with who wrote this and who directed the animation of that, but now I've begun to appreciate it more and I've always wanted to learn more about the writers and ADs. Before I was a bit confused as to whether it was the writers or the ADs who give us our hugs and random touching and other little cute things, but this has really cleared it up for me.

I've never known where to look for this information, and your posts have been incredibly helpful :D Thank you!

Separating the ADs into tiers is a fantastic idea! I'll know which episodes to look forward to now, but ...

Musashi said:
We seem to finally be at the point where any new episode can give us something.
+​
jessierocketka said:
Anyway, it's a great thing that we can look forward to Rocketshipping practically every week.

So, SO true! There's not too much I could add, but, gosh, I reckon you've made Thursday my favourite day of the week :D

Oooh, other than what you've told us, I don't know very much about her, but I'm really like the sound of Shimura already. And I've heard great things about Junki from you guys, so that could only be a very, very good thing :)

Even if it seems like there's no Rocketshipping in the episode at the first sight, it turns out sooner or later that there's something going on writer's minds nevertheless and they're just preparing form something bigger.
I agree! Those moments where everything links up together nicely, plotwise, and I can't help but go, "Ohhh, so that's where they were heading", adds that sense of depth that a lot of other ships don't have. It's also very comforting to know how seriously writers are taking Rocketshipping.

Musashi said:
I know we'll all take something cute over nothing at all.
+​
jessierocketka said:
Minor stuff is needed as much as major one, because I think it's what makes the shipping really coherent and even more enjoyable.
Definitely! I really look forward to scouring a new episode for little visual hints and disecting their dialogue. Something major is always really nice, but I'd rather hugs and frequent unnecessary touching for now :)

And also, we should remember about AD that made one of the best Rocketshippy scenes look really epic...
Yūko Inoue! <3333
Is that all that she's directed the animation for? Aww, that's a shame :( So ... YES! Yes, please :D I'd really love to see her become a regular, too. I'm not familiar with the other Hosos, but I've always thought that "Rocket Dan: The Origin of Love and Youth" had better animation than most other normal episodes (or are the Hosos supposed to? ^^;)

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

I did Shimura and Natsume's episodes. Turns out Natsume is just like me and only came on when DP started. :) But the most interesting thing is that Shimura has 19 episodes, whereas the most a writer has is 15 (Tomioka if you're curious. Junki just has 13).

I'll do Iwane and Kinoshita tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if they had enough episodes where we don't need the tier system.

And Gwendolynn, it isn't so easy to tell whether or not an animator or writer is responsible for a hint. Things like random touching is usually an AD, but the fearhug Iwane did is probably a writer decision based on the context. It just depends and a lot of the time I'm not really sure.

Edit: No shippyness today, but Tamagawa is just full of win. I do have a question though...

DP156_1.jpg

Just where is Kojiro's hand?

Now for some fun pictures.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP147_motto.jpg

We got this motto.

DP156_2.jpg

:crush:

And now we see what Kojiro does when Musashi's hair is in danger.

DP156_3.jpg

DP156_4.jpg

DP156_5.jpg

Nyasu and Sonansi helped a bit, but who cares about them?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP157preview_1.jpg

And next week things get badass.

Last edited:
Lol, poor Musashi! :lol: I love Tamagawa <3

What is that? A ninja Kabigon mecha?

Edit:

Well hello there, new wallpaper!

Last edited:
Hehe, it's kind of good for me. This gives me time to catch up :3 (Moving house and the subsequent internet-less is laaame.)
Oh, I see. I hope that you will get done with it fast! :3

I LOVE the way you've analysed this, too! Aww, and you're definitely more familiar than me :) When I was first involved in the fandom, I was at an age where I wasn't concerned with who wrote this and who directed the animation of that, but now I've begun to appreciate it more and I've always wanted to learn more about the writers and ADs. Before I was a bit confused as to whether it was the writers or the ADs who give us our hugs and random touching and other little cute things, but this has really cleared it up for me.
I've never known where to look for this information, and your posts have been incredibly helpful :D Thank you!
Exactly! Even before I joined this thread I'd had only a clue about Takegami! xD But when I first joined the fandom, I was yet a kid and even didn't know that there are many writers for the show... Hence why it gave me so many sleepless nights, because how the heck Team Rocket acts in some episodes differently to other ones? Now I know everything ;D
Fortunately, lately we've had less OOCness and more Rocketshipping, since it looks like all writers all told to write their episodes more coherently with episodes of other writers.

Oooh, other than what you've told us, I don't know very much about her, but I'm really like the sound of Shimura already. And I've heard great things about Junki from you guys, so that could only be a very, very good thing :)
Junki Takegami is Rocketshipper's God. It's official <3

I agree! Those moments where everything links up together nicely, plotwise, and I can't help but go, "Ohhh, so that's where they were heading", adds that sense of depth that a lot of other ships don't have. It's also very comforting to know how seriously writers are taking Rocketshipping.
QFT :3

Definitely! I really look forward to scouring a new episode for little visual hints and disecting their dialogue. Something major is always really nice, but I'd rather hugs and frequent unnecessary touching for now :)
I'd say, everything is important ;)

Is that all that she's directed the animation for? Aww, that's a shame :( So ... YES! Yes, please :D I'd really love to see her become a regular, too. I'm not familiar with the other Hosos, but I've always thought that "Rocket Dan: The Origin of Love and Youth" had better animation than most other normal episodes (or are the Hosos supposed to? ^^;)
Too bad it's not gonna happen ^^; Besides, since Hoso episodes were special ones, they obviously had a little higher budgets than regular episodes, I suppose.

Edit: No shippyness today, but Tamagawa is just full of win. I do have a question though...

DP156_1.jpg

Just where is Kojiro's hand?
Kojiro: *thinks* Since Nyasu isn't looking, and Musashi's so close, I have a chance to do something wrong! *places his hand on her butt and starts to rub it* Do you like it, Musashi?
Musashi: Oh yes, Kojiro! Continue it!
Kojiro: *smirks as he continues*
Nyasu: Hey guys, it may be that I can't see you, but I can hear you~!

Btw, Tamagawa failed at drawing her skirt here... badly ^^;

Great (ah, Kojiro <3), but I wanted something new D:

DP156_3.jpg
Oh no, Musashi! Gukamaru is humping your hair!
Kojiro's reaction is pure of win ;D

Nyasu and Sonansi helped a bit, but who cares about them?
I don't ;D

Erm... BDSM Snorlax mecha? XD

Hey, look! Musashi's buttshot! XD
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/20/328o.jpg

Why this post is full of my perverted remarks? >.<

On a random note, wow, it's snowing in my country XD

Nice job with the AD's RG!~

It's a lot harder with AD's because some of that stuff could just be in the writing, but still I love your hardwork and dedication. <3
The best AD is Makoto Shinjo, since he was in charge of DP013 and gave me so much nosebleed... .

Atleast he usually works alongside Natsume. ;D
Yūko Inoue! <3333
PC_TrainingDaze_03.jpg

QFT!

I love the way she drew their eyes, and the panting, and blushing, and everthing else! *squees* <3

DP156_3.jpg

DP156_4.jpg

DP156_5.jpg

D'awwww! ,333

That's character development on Kojiro's part. ;]
Edit:

Well hello there, new wallpaper!

*loves our physic Rocketshipper-ness* :D

That's character development on Kojiro's part. ;]
But he has helped her a couple of times before (Pokémon stuck on hair or face), so this is nothing new...

I noticed you uploaded a new AMV Kojimusa, I love it!

Lol, so hilatrious! It's my new wallpaper now! XD

I noticed you uploaded a new AMV Kojimusa, I love it!
Yeah, it's awesome :3
Too bad that every time I hear Lady Gaga, my ears are bleeding

Here's a little surprise from me, that is a translation of extremely adorable (and very IC) comic drawn by Kiwi-san (http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kiui56/m/200808)! ^.^ Since it's pretty long and we're allowed to post only 6 pictures in one post, I'll split it in few parts.

"Lipstick"

Musashi and Kojiro were taking a break in the middle of the forest.
Nyasu was gone to draw water, since it was his duty on that day.

The weather was very great, Kojiro laid sprawled and Musashi was fixing her make-up.

d9b1749b486c1ed2e7b477783cdc4dfc.jpg
Kojiro: Aa... What a nice weather... it's so peaceful.
I want it to be like this forever.
b1bee34f24d19b1bdbb9955f68d531dc.jpg

0e6745d36b19bde5c1f647846cea5463.jpg
Musashi: ... heheh. What you're talking about?

smiling.jpg
Kojiro: ....

Somehow, the atmosphere was great.
But, at that time, of all things, Kojiro unfortunately said a little too much unintentionally.

Kojiro: Huh?
lipsp.jpg

Ee... Musashi... Did you change your lipstick's color? I thought that the previous one was deep red...

oopse.jpg

Musashi: ...E? ... You've noticed it just now? Even though it differs so much...

Kojiro's face looked stunned.
Kojiro: Aa... No, I'm sorry, I'm so slow... It's... It's beautiful, it suits you very well - he was temporising incoherently.

Mada mada tsuzuku ;D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom