• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game characters you want to see

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
Who from the games do you most want to see on the show?

I'd like to see Wally. I think it'd be interesting (plus the closest we'd get to having a MPJ crossover, since he's basically Peanut only with Ralts instead of Charmander).

Hayley is another one. Come on, they've crossed over with Ranger and Snap, why not Ranch?

The fangirl in me wants to see Cyrus's grandfather. They did such brilliant things with Cynthia's grandmother that I'd love to see what they'd do for the lonely old man who mourns failing his grandson.

Also Silver. Especially if they bring Paul back past Sinnoh. Yes I know Silver kindasorta exists in the show insofar as he was in the Legend of Thunder intro, but we need to see beyond that.

And the HGSS Rocket admins, but they're probably a given.

I want to see Marley and Buck, for one thing. I also want to see Will and/or Karen (the Johto E4 who didn't make appearances). Only 1 Hoenn Elite Four member (Drake) made an appearance, so I want to see Sidney, Phoebe and/or Glacia.

I agree with Blackjack that Wally, Cyrus' grandparents and Silver should make appearances (the last one is unlikely, since we already have Paul).

And that's exactly WHY we need to see Silver, because if ANYONE is going to smack Paul around and give him a taste of what he gives everyone else, it's going to be Silver.

Grandparents? Only his grandfather was in the games, and then only in Platinum. If you mean the old couple in Sunyshore, they weren't related.

I have a feeling Marley and Buck are forthcoming given that they haven't reached those areas yet and they've had all the other partners.

Leaf, Brendan, Lucas and Silver.

This. I forgot about Brendan, Lucas and Leaf.

Brendan and Lucas need to make more significant appearances than just cameos. Leaf never made an appearance outside of FR/LG (and to a lesser extent, Pokemon Special, but I may be wrong).

And the HGSS Rocket admins, but they're probably a given.

THIS. Do want! *3*

Also, I agree on Silver, but I'm kind of afraid they might ruin his character. Or give him a terrible voice like they tend to do these days. :x

Other characters that need to show up at some point;;
Will
Karen
Janine
Phoebe
Sidney
Glacia
Mondo [not a game character, but still!]
Mr Fuji :3

And it goes without saying that Koga needs to make a return appearance. Preferably in the same episode as Janine. |D

Honestly I'd like to see Gary/Blue more or at least a few times, Paul is cool and all but I think Gary could make a relevant apperance.

And that's exactly WHY we need to see Silver, because if ANYONE is going to smack Paul around and give him a taste of what he gives everyone else, it's going to be Silver.

I think I love you.

Anyways:

-Leaf
-Brendan
-Lucas
-Wally
-Silver
-Marley
-Buck
-Cyrus' grandfather
-Bebe
-Baoba(the guy that owns the new Safari Zone in HG/SS)
-Janine
-Will
-Karen
-Dragon Clan's Elder
-Phoebe
-Sidney
-Glacia
-Mr. Fuji
-Goddamn Rocket Executives
-Goddamn Frontier Brains
-Buck's grandfather
-The guy that wrote the books in Canalave Library
-Daycare couple in HG/SS
-Daisy Oak(though it is WAY TOO LATE and IMPOSSIBLE)
-Elder Li
-Poké Kid Meghan(the one in Sunnyshore Gym)
-Lucas' sister
-Lucas' grandfather
-Lucas' father(if he is not Yuzo)
-Buena
-Cubone's mother(though she has the same chance of appearing as Daisy Oak)
-DJs of Kanto Radio.

I agree with zel. Mondo(and Miyamoto and Madame Boss) needs to make an appearance in anime and Koga(and Aya) needs make a reappearance. Actually, all of family members of Gym Leaders, Gym Leaders themselves, Kimono Sisters, Jimmy and Marina and Team Rocket Members(that are not arrested, yes, this includes Rocket Scout and Delibird, especially Delibird) need to make a comeback. I wouldn't say no to comeback of Trick Master either, he was my most favourite character in R/S/E. And Magikarp Salesman, he is like the best character of all times.

Silver would be awesome!
And I agree with Zel, Mondo would be great too.

Silver/Rival, Janine, Leaf, Lucas, Brendan, Wally, the Rocket Executives, Gen IV Frontier Brains, Marely, Buck, Hibiki, Will, Karen, Baoba, Cyrus' grandfather, Phoebe, Sidney, Drake, Glacia, Poke Kid Meghan, Bebe, Hayley, Daisy Oak, HGSS Daycare couple, Buena, that guy who owns Pokethlon (forgot his name, Korobushi?), and Mr. Fuji.

Most likely, less than half of these will appear.

I want Kobushi (the old man who introduces the player to Pokethlon in HGSS, he had his unique overworld sprite) in the upcoming(?) Pokethlon episode.

Aside from that, considering that Ash & Co. are gonna return to Johto for a HGSS Saga, I want to see:
-JANINE
-WILL
-KAREN
-FUCKIN' EXECUTIVES
-Daisy Oak (why not? A speechless cameo in an opening to a movie would do)
-Baoba (Johto Safari is a must-be)
-Mr. Pokemon
-Buena
-Genzo (the photographer)
-Dragon Clan Elder
-Cal (under his Stadium 2 design)
-Mr. Fuji
-SILVER (give him deserved actual name)
-"LEAF" (give her deserved actual name)
-Marina next to Kotone (screw the rules!)

Also, Kimono Girls could reappear. It would also be cool if they explained why did they switch their Pokemon (I'm also curious what would they do with "Komomo").

In the rest of the Sinnoh Journey:
-Julia (Sunyshore Ribbon Girl)
-Dr. Footstep (he's on the way to Sunyshore)
-Mr. Fuego (they had a chance for him and they wasted it, sadly)
-Bebe (she'd be Dawn's "Oak", Dawn could leave some of her Pokemon at her before she goes to Johto)
-Hayley (together with Bebe)
-Flint
-Bertha
-Marley
-Buck and his Grandpa
-Lucas and his family
-the Frontier Brains (I view them as an alternate to Elite Four. But who knows...)

And if they ever return to Hoenn:
-BRENDAN
-WALLY
-Courtney
-Matt
-Sidney
-Phoebe
-Glacia
-Lanette & Bridgette
-Gabby & Ty
-Wanda and her boyfriend

And if EVER possible:
-Celio
-Lostelle
-Selphy & Sebastian.

Kanto BF was such a wasted chance...

And also, MOAR TRAINER CLASSES! They're always nice to see. Perfect for cameos.

If at least six of those characters appear then you can call me satisfied.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but does the old guy who teaches you how to catch Pokémon qualify? I'd like an episode dedicated to old trainers as a whole.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but does the old guy who teaches you how to catch Pokémon qualify? I'd like an episode dedicated to old trainers as a whole.

Lol. He was DRUNK in the original. So, having him appear would be a bit... controversial. But who knows. I would be really, really glad to see him.

And his grandson PokeDude too.

Lucas and Brendan.

They could have had a whole arc about Mt.Pyre and the red and blue orbs with Phoebe but I don't get why they didn't bother.

I'd like to see... uhh... most people have already mentioned everyone though.

HGSS Sabrina would be cool. She could explain what happened to her after Ash left i.e the new wardrobe and all. I'd also like Leaf to make an appearance. Maybe even a small cameo in a poster or something...

Would it be easier to rename this to what characters you wouldn't want to see? Yikes @ those lists. Just say you want to see "ALL TEH KARACTORS".

My list:
- A revist from old Gym Leaders.
- Any remaining Elite 4 from all regions.

Leaf
Daisy Oak
Silver
Will
Karen
Janine
Brendan
Wally
Courtney
Bebe
Phoebe
Lucas
Marley
Buck

I want to see Marina again, too, if at all possible, even she got a special already. :(

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom