• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wishlist Time

More than Eight Gyms, so you roughly get a choice of whom you want to battle.
This. 16 gyms would make it for me. Also, using this as an excuse the league should get a revamp. It could work like this:

-If you have 8 badges, you can compete in a tournament that works like the battle tower. A total of 32 adversaries, working with the 32-16-8-4-2 scheme, so you would battle a total of 5 trainers. Then, you can face the E4.

-If you have 16 badges, you can face the E4 automatically.

Obviously, you could repeat the tournament the times you would like, being able to face 5 out of 32 different adversaries each time.

On being able to choose which Gyms you want to fight, I just have two words: level parity. The Gyms are constructed so that they're an appropriate challenge for most players when you first reach them, and trying to figure out the levels they should be at within a multi-path system would be kind of nightmarish, I imagine.

Plus, why wouldn't you want to do all the Gyms anyway? That's where most of the most challenging single-player battles are.

The game can easily be set up to shift the leaders levels based on how many badges you've obtained, similar to how your rival and the E4 level up based on how many times you've fought them. Also, nothing says if this system ever were implemented you couldn't challenge them all. Though I doubt the system would ever be implemented, it'd be a nice update to the gym system.

I wish certain pokemon would get better movepools, like the Eeveelutions, Typhosion, Ampharos, etc...

A new two form snake pokemon. It would be Ground/Dark, and look like a snake from Mayan art. It would have an ability like No Guard called Tongue Flick. Based on a boa, it would learn the standard moves snake-type PKMN learn as well as Crunch, Gunk Shot, and Glare, but no OHKOs.

A Fire-type item that grants them the benefits of a Light Ball + the effects of Magic Guard. Call it, "EternalFlame".

EternalFlame

A Fire-type Pokemon that holds this item doubles its ATK, SpA, and Speed, and grants immunity to entry hazards. A non-Fire-type that holds this item loses 1/16 of its HP every turn.

Keeping sorta in theme with talking about Gym Leaders, I'd like a boss-type figure to specialize in each type. We have eight Gym Leaders and four Heavenly Kings (and a Champion who I'd really love to keep as a Blue/Cynthia mixed bag), which gives us (*counts*) five remaining types. These could be implemented in an Emerald-Steven kind of way - scattered across the region - and once you battle them they give you... oh, I dunno, one fifth of a map that leads to the location of a legendary Pokémon?

If no one's thought of that idea (in its entirety) then IT'S ALL MINE MWAHAHAHA.

Ahem. On a more sane note, if the Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and the Champion all have different type specialties and only the Champion has a chance of having a mixed bag, then there are approximately 17,784,371,400,000 (over 17 trillion) different ways the types can be arranged among the Leaders.

And returning to the wishlist topic at hand - I quite enjoyed the way that Marley/Buck/etc. specialized in a statistic rather than a type. I would be very keen for more of that, especially if they actually used all SIX statistics.

There should be 18 gyms not 17. One of each of the 17 types, then a final 18th gym with various types akin to Blue in G/S/C/HG/SS.

There should be 18 gyms not 17. One of each of the 17 types, then a final 18th gym with various types akin to Blue in G/S/C/HG/SS.

But then the Elite Four will end up with duplicated types from some of the Gym Leaders. Even with over 500 Pokémon I bet we'll end up with repetition. (For more excitement and shock in Emerald for those who managed to play through without internet spoilers, Juan should have had a type other than Water. Repeating types = not cool.)

But then the Elite Four will end up with duplicated types from some of the Gym Leaders. Even with over 500 Pokémon I bet we'll end up with repetition. (For more excitement and shock in Emerald for those who managed to play through without internet spoilers, Juan should have had a type other than Water. Repeating types = not cool.)

I don't care if the Elite Four repeat types. I'd rather have 18 gyms and repeating type Elite Four than 13 gyms and Elite Four + Champion filling in the other 4 types and the various spot.

Like I said, when they start reusing types some of the originality is lost. I can't really see them having an amount of Gyms that isn't a multiple of eight, which is why if we're going to go through all of the types (without repetition) then the remaining five would make a nice quest for the end-game. I see people in other threads wanting new ways to get legendaries; I think this is a good idea.

Of course you're free to disagree (and to help me find where in the name of Bananagarden that thread actually was :p)

A Fire-type item that grants them the benefits of a Light Ball + the effects of Magic Guard. Call it, "EternalFlame".

EternalFlame

A Fire-type Pokemon that holds this item doubles its ATK, SpA, and Speed, and grants immunity to entry hazards. A non-Fire-type that holds this item loses 1/16 of its HP every turn.

Now that's about as broken as a broken item can be.

I wish, naturally, more creative new Pokémon (no new (pre-)evos plz). And of course new moves with interesting effects, we got a plenty of them in Gen IV. A region with more badges and more freedom in gym completion order doesn't sound bad either.

I'd love another type item that does the equivilent of Black Sludge. Also is it me or this it seem like that item is really broken? C'mon Leftovers recovery and pretty much immunity to Trick and Switcheroo.

1) Now that's about as broken as a broken item can be.

2) a. I wish, naturally, more creative new Pokémon (no new (pre-)evos plz).
b. And of course new moves with interesting effects, we got a plenty of them in Gen IV.
c, A region with more badges and more freedom in gym completion order doesn't sound bad either.

1. Let me balance that:

EternalFlame

Doubles ATK & SpA of Fire-types, while granting them immunity from entry hazards. Non-Fire-types, holding this item, will receive 1/16 HP damage every turn.

OK, tell me if it's still broken.

2. A) Hmm... I hope they'd go for:

--Psychic/Dark
--Psychic/Ghost
--Ghost/Normal
--Dark/Steel

B) How about these, for examples:

Trail Blaze/ Ice Car :naughty:/ Thunder Dash
Fire/Ice/Electric

80 ATK/ 5pp

Pokemon that uses this move goes first.

Elemental Slashes

Fire Slash/ Ice Slash/ ThunderSlash
Fire/Ice/Lightning

70 ATK/ 15pp

An increased ciritcal rate plus 10% chance of (Burn/Freeze/Paralysis, respectively).

C) Yes, I'd love to have non-linear gym battles. However, to balance that, it would be nice if the villain team would also follow you.

PS: Change Dragon Rage into a Special Priority Attack, a la Vacuum Wave.

Like I said, when they start reusing types some of the originality is lost. I can't really see them having an amount of Gyms that isn't a multiple of eight, which is why if we're going to go through all of the types (without repetition) then the remaining five would make a nice quest for the end-game. I see people in other threads wanting new ways to get legendaries; I think this is a good idea.

Of course you're free to disagree (and to help me find where in the name of Bananagarden that thread actually was :p)

You know, the E4 don't have to specialize in a certain type, I for one think the E4 should instead focus on a theme, like volcano Pokemon, which includes fire, ground, rock and possibly steel. Or forest Pokemon, which would include grass, bug, birds(not the type ofc) some water types etc.

You know, the E4 don't have to specialize in a certain type, I for one think the E4 should instead focus on a theme, like volcano Pokemon, which includes fire, ground, rock and possibly steel. Or forest Pokemon, which would include grass, bug, birds(not the type ofc) some water types etc.

A theme would be a nice idea for the rest of the E4 to follow. The only one I can think of that follows some type of theme is Siba and that's just barely.

I just want training Pokemon to be fun and not a chore.

I agree, but I can't really think of any way to spice up grinding in Pokemon without changing some aspects of the battle system. Any ideas?

A baby goat, billy goat two stage pokemon. It would be loosely based on the goats of Thor, the norse thunder god (learning Recover). It would be Electric/Psychic type and have moves standard to electric types and psychic types, and would specialize in recoil attacks such as Double Edge and Volt Tackle. Its two abilities would Reckless and Rock Head, and would have higher speed with low special attack, max attack (max IVs, EV's and nature) at around 275~280 to make up for the recoil attacks. Its defenses would be average.

Last edited:
I agree, but I can't really think of any way to spice up grinding in Pokemon without changing some aspects of the battle system. Any ideas?
Just make it a mini game you have to do once or twice to get your Pokemon's stats in order. That makes it more like the show.

I like this. I like this a lot.

Possible themes - forest, volcano, ocean(? - might be too watery), mystic (ghost, dark, psychic), ...

Alternatively give them a team that uses some sort of advanced metagame stategy. Most in-game trainers don't really do that, but surely they've got the AI to do so these days?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom