• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What new "kinds" of Pokemon do you predict?

lol We so need a Cthuluhu Pokémon (I swear that I'm not being sarcastic about it). Oh and yeah I forgot about Fire/Ice. That would look cool, too.

From the Sealed Chamber in RSE. The text has a large possibility of referring to Regigigas, due to the chamber's relation to the Regis and the fact that "it" is singular.

large possibility doesn't mean outright hint.

large possibility doesn't mean outright hint.

Then what was "it" referring to? There are no other pokemon with such a close relationship with the Regis. However, we're getting off topic.
On topic: a steel/poison pokemon. It would look like a living sword coated in poison. Would have an ability that has a 80% chance of badly poisoning a pokemon it makes contact with.

How about something like a dark version and a psychic version of s pokémon? Not two formed of one-two completely different pokémon.

Then what was "it" referring to? There are no other pokemon with such a close relationship with the Regis. However, we're getting off topic.
On topic: a steel/poison pokemon. It would look like a living sword coated in poison. Would have an ability that has a 80% chance of badly poisoning a pokemon it makes contact with.

80% chance of inflicting Toxic poison -- as an ability?! Good God, talk about overpowered. Why a poisoned sword, anyway? When I think of a possible Steel/Poison type, I think of a syringe-like pokemon...

80% chance of inflicting Toxic poison -- as an ability?! Good God, talk about overpowered. Why a poisoned sword, anyway? When I think of a possible Steel/Poison type, I think of a syringe-like pokemon...

I would say more like things like mercury or lead - those heavy metals that act like poisons

A steel snake.

That has no relation to Steelix.

And can poison by whatever Poison attacks it'll learn.

Yeah, I agree. Toxic poison is one of the most dangerous status ailments in the game.

But as for Steel/Poison types: a 4x weakness to Ground sucks.

Yeah, I agree. Toxic poison is one of the most dangerous status ailments in the game.

But as for Steel/Poison types: a 4x weakness to Ground sucks.

Fire/Rock types, Heatran, Steel/Rock..... and that's it for other 4x Ground weakness.

But yeah. It would have the immunity to Poison, normal damage for Psychic, and that'd be it for defenses.

I got the inspiration for the ability from the fact that (only open spoiler if you watch or read Naruto)
Sasori dips every single his weapons in a fast acting poison that gets worse as time goes on. Got the idea while I was looking at my avatar.
The pokemon would learn few special poison type attacks and would learn multiple slash based attacks.

Last edited:

Why would a pokemon learn few poison attacks and a bunch of steel and dark? Sometimes I think our speculation gets a little weird.

Possibly a new dog, such as one of those "shaggy" dogs.
Or as a water/grass legendary, a Leafy Sea Dragon!
http://oregonmag.com/LeafySeaDragon2.jpg
OR something a little cute and unusual: a Dumbo Octopus
http://awakeningwomen.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/dumbo-octopus.jpg
Those things are terribly frightening. They want to eat me!

Steel/Poison: I've always thought about taking the oily, greasy dirt and grime that can build up combined with the percision machinery parts of a turbine or gear to form the base of an idea for a Pokemon. Maybe something that spins, and isn't completely like a robot (think a step down from Bronzor).

I'd actually like to see a robot Pokemon (mechanized, not like Registeel, etc.) It could be Silph's next natural step after completing their "virtual Pokemon".

Rock/Poison would also be an interesting combo (despite being destroyed by Ground, but it seems like a lot of fun type combos are). Perhaps a Pokemon based on sulfur.

I'd actually like to see a robot Pokemon (mechanized, not like Registeel, etc.) It could be Silph's next natural step after completing their "virtual Pokemon".

Rock/Poison would also be an interesting combo (despite being destroyed by Ground, but it seems like a lot of fun type combos are). Perhaps a Pokemon based on sulfur.

The metagross line didn't qualify? Or Magnezone? Nothing at all?

Hence the "etc". Until they are officially confirmed as being mechanical, I'm not considering them robots.

Well, of course they can't be fully mechanical. These are biological creatures that can breed and evolve. A pokemon that is fully machine wouldn't be a pokemon. It'd be a machine.

Well, of course they can't be fully mechanical. These are biological creatures that can breed and evolve. A pokemon that is fully machine wouldn't be a pokemon. It'd be a machine.

Porygon? That's a fully mechanical Pokemon that can breed and evolve...

Porygon? That's a fully mechanical Pokemon that can breed and evolve...

Actually, porygon is more of organic computer code... just go with it.

It is still a living being.

Porygon was also human-created, so it's in a weird situation all on its own.

Personally, I hope it stays that way to an extent. I prefer my Pokemon to be mechanical-looking rather than mechically-created.

I'd like to expand on different themes of martial arts for Fighting Pokemon. Two ideas in particular I think would be neat to see are Pokemon based on the samurai and ninja.

We have item-weilding Pokemon already (Farfetch'd, Cubone, Marowak) and English-named Pokemon with 'ninja' as their root word (Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja), but what I'd like is physical representation and manifestation of the two.

The samurai, being a warrior clad in regal armor, would be Fighting/Steel and possess some kind of sword-like object. The ninja, being a sneaky fighter concealed in the shadows, would be Fighting/Dark, and be faster than its counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom