• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP174: The Grand Festival Begins! The Art of Flame and Ice!!

Re: DP 174 "The Grand Festival Begins! The Art of Flame and Ice!!" Preview Thread

Hunter J's bomb makes Lake Valor's gravity go wonky !!! That's how you spell continuity...

:D. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LOL XD
And about Ursula's battle... well, it doesn't really matter if it's the first battle or not, it'd probably be the first one we actually see while all other battles before/after that aren't againt important characters will just get still shots
It does for placement of events. Other than that, not so much.

Re: DP 174 "The Grand Festival Begins! The Art of Flame and Ice!!" Preview Thread

Dawn VS Ursula is probably the last battle of the episode while Nando, Jessie and Zoey will sit and watch the best coordinator after they've already won their battles.

The summery for this episode says that Urara is the first battle after appeals, for those wondering about placement.

Too bad Jessie is just ignoring from her Wobbuffet. Her most veteran pokemon isn't even with her.

Which is smart thinking on her part. It really can't do anything appealing in battles.

I hope she will use Carnivine who definitely deserves to be there.

Muskippa is not her Pokemon, so it most certainly does not deserve to be there.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_201005131900.html
Does anyone knows when this page is supposed to be updated with information? it's the third ep of the semi final
When this page will get updated we'll get a summary and VAs list

Tuesday or Wednesday, with Wednesday being the most likely.

Too bad Jessie still doesn't have Dustox. It would have been a huge help in the GF as its her original Contest star Pokemon from back in Hoenn.

If Jessie seriously decide to only use her own Poké, I hope one of Seviper/Yanmega will stay with her in BW while the other is replaced by a new Poké (hopefully there's no new snake and Seviper stays, while Yanmega is replaced by a new bug) and then she gets a 4th Poké and actually find ways to use Wobbuffet
Then she'd have 4 Poké of her own to use in Contests and it won't be as boring as only 2 all the time like she seem to do in this GF
James is OK with just 2 - expect Mime Jr. to be replaced by a new baby and possibly Carnivine replaced by a new grass type

Am I the only one who doesn't consider Jessie using James' pokémon in the GF a capital offense ? Meowth and Carnivine won "her" a ribbon and helped her get her spot in the GF, it'd be a shame to not see them used.

To those who say it wouldn't be good for Jessie's character developpement, it would actually be good character developpement for TR as a whole and for James' pokémon who are always getting shafted.

The yanmega-seviper duo is sorta tired by now...

I think character development wise, it'd be good to see Jessie decide to only use her own Poké... but it's boring to see only 2 Poké which I is why I hope BW will give her 4 Poké to use
Anyway, it does seem she'll only use these two, wether we like it or not

Meowth and Carnivine won "her" a ribbon and helped her get her spot in the GF, it'd be a shame to not see them used.

The writers seems to have established that winning something with someone else's Pokemon is wrong. I guess because they're not yours and you haven't trained them.

To those who say it wouldn't be good for Jessie's character developpement, it would actually be good character developpement for TR as a whole and for James' pokémon who are always getting shafted.

Contests aren't a group thing, they're an individual thing. Kojiro, his Pokemon and Nyasu shouldn't be involved at all. Why should everything the Rocket-Dan do always have to be a group thing? Can't they just be individual people with individual goals?

The yanmega-seviper duo is sorta tired by now...

I agree with you there. Hopefully both win at least one ribbon next series before one or both are replaced.

If Jessie seriously decide to only use her own Poké, I hope one of Seviper/Yanmega will stay with her in BW while the other is replaced by a new Poké (hopefully there's no new snake and Seviper stays, while Yanmega is replaced by a new bug)

You stabbed a shard of glass straight into my very soul.:-(

Sorry XD I just prefer Seviper over Yanmega... but they're both cool
I guess at the moment all the BW Poké will be revealed - we'll know the future of Seviper... if there's a new snake, it'll leave and maybe Yanmega will stay

Kinda a wrong thread for this, but Megayanma is way too "new" to be replaced. At least I think it would be really weird if it left already in the next anime already.

Yeah. Yanmega will probably stay. Not too sure about Seviper, tho. I like it. It shows how far Jessie's gone as a coordinator. Remember their very first contest? Yeah...

Did anyone notice that it looks like Team Galactic had a slot in the Grand Festival? The random appeal with Skuntank and Toxicroak?

I think people should stop associating too much certain Poké with certain characters

Did anyone notice that it looks like Team Galactic had a slot in the Grand Festival? The random appeal with Skuntank and Toxicroak?

Yep, just like Sceptile and Blaziken, it was a little reference.

I think it could also simply be a coincidence... again, we shouldn't associate Poké with characters too much - we see some specise of Poké tons of times with different characters all the time
The ping pong ep even had a random Gliscor there at the same time Ash had a Gliscor with him

I think it could also simply be a coincidence... again, we shouldn't associate Poké with characters too much - we see some specise of Poké tons of times with different characters all the time
The ping pong ep even had a random Gliscor there at the same time Ash had a Gliscor with him

But,c´mon Piplup,they are combinations of pokemon,its different :p

like...shouldnt we associete the combo of Roserade*Naoshi* and Jigglypuff*Urara* with Roselia*Shu* and Wigglituff*Harley*?It seems like too much to be just a coincidence...

But,c´mon Piplup,they are combinations of pokemon,its different :p

like...shouldnt we associete the combo of Roserade*Naoshi* and Jigglypuff*Urara* with Roselia*Shu* and Wigglituff*Harley*?It seems like too much to be just a coincidence...

I doubt that was intended... especially with Roserade, if they wanted it to be like Drew, wouldn't they give it to Zoey?
Whatever, it doesn't really matters... I just think we shouldn't associate Poké with humans this way

I just think we shouldn't associate Poké with humans this way

I feel the complete oposite, especially when characters have the same signature poké in all the canons that they appear in.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom