• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Gen V Starter Discussion

Teacher to students: And that's called a pun, or play on words. . .

I get it, cause the steel is an alloy consisting mostly of iron, and the word irony consists of the word Iron + y... Very interesting

I get it, cause the steel is an alloy consisting mostly of iron, and the word irony consists of the word Iron + y... Very interesting

You really didn't have t spell it out, I think everyone else got it and just *maybe* giggled. . .

For the first time i actually like the fire starter. (Though i like cynda's fully evolved form) The Water otter thing looks just weird..The pig reminds me of lechon- a dish i think served in the philippines-roasted pig.
And wotter sounds awful. Maybe something better. Hydrane? (From Enhydra, the genus of the sea otter.)
@ Rex Kamex : really? Astro Boy?

You don't see it? "Based on its smiling face"...

Piggyrabbit and Astroboy have that same, open-mouth smile and big eyes (although you can only see one of Piggyrabbit's).

If you still don't see it, that might be because I tend to spot similarities in things that have a lot of (other) differences, but... yeah.

Okay, I originally said I hated Mijumaru. But I'll admit that even its starting to grow on me. I still wish its nose was a little smaller though.

Okay, I originally said I hated Mijumaru. But I'll admit that even its starting to grow on me. I still wish its nose was a little smaller though.

That's kinda true, but it's still my least favorite...

Good thing that a pig is hard to be part fighting, I am sick of fire/fighting starters

I still wish its nose was a little smaller though.

Something like this?
picture.php

That comic with it at the computer, covering its face, and crying made me find it cuter... =(

BUT I'M STILL NOT PICKING IT THOUGH.

Regarding Piggyrabbit... I'm surprised "Baconator" caught on for an evolution name. The incredibly powerful super pig evolution has a name based off of what you can cook it into? =/

Oh, and speaking of Piggyrabbit... Maybe it should fly. Dunno if Japan knows of that "when pigs fly" phrase, but admittedly, it'd be a way to compare Piggyrabbit (or at least its evolution) to Astroboy even more... =P

Soaring high in the sky
He my be small but only in size
Piggyrabbit, Piggyrabbit
He is brave and gentle and wise
Stronger than all the rest
This mighty fire pig will past the test
Oh villians fear him, so we cheer him
The amazing Piggyrabbit!

Last edited:

I'm going to pick the fire starter for two reasons. To see the water starter, and because it's just cute! Or, maybe I'll get the water starter, or the grass, oh just forget it!

Good thing that a pig is hard to be part fighting, I am sick of fire/fighting starters

Obviously you don't know what fight a wild boar can put up, or an Aardvark (like we get in the Southern Part of Africa). They won't stop. And I don't even wanna go into the greek myth of the Calydonian Boar en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calydonian_Boar, aswell as the Erymanthian Bor, defeated by Herakles (not Hercules, that's the false Roman copy) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erymanthian_Boar

But I wouldn't place my bet on another Fire/Fighting starter, rather Water/Steel (a repetition of Empoleon, I know).

Last edited:

No more Fire/Fighting! Maybe, Fire/....Ground?

-_- Thanks to all those pictures of Mijumara crying or looking all cute I actually like it now. It used to be soo ugly but now it's adorable...
I'm torn between grass or water starter. I love picking the starter most people don't like (Mijumara) but I normally pick the grass starter. I'll probably get grass in Pokemon White and then once third game comes out i'll get water.

I love the little fire piggy! It just looks so happy and cute.
But I think I'll be picking the snowman otter. I think it's final evolution has the biggest potential of the three to look epic. Plus I love the sad, innocent look it has.

The starters are really looking better and better as I look at them more and more. Especially Smugleaf. I'll wait to see what the final typings are.

Back
Top Bottom