• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nidoking, Rhydon, and Kangaskhan

Which one?

• Rhydon

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Nidoking

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Kangaskhan

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters

pokeslob

Χριστιανός
Reaction score
Which out of these three pokemon do you think is best as the "Big Horned Monster" of a party?

this came up as I was playing Green version, I was in the safari zone and caught a Rhydon and I wanted to add him to my party but I figured Nidoking and him were too similar, and I thought the same for Garura....

so what do you all think?

You forgot about Nidoqueen.

Anyway, I went with Nidoking. I don't care if he has lower Attack and Defense than Rhydon, but at least he can abuse his Special and Physical movepools better than Rhydon can.

Nidoking. I love the guy. Unique typing, great moveset, awesome stats, looks awesome.

I would have considered Rhydon, but then he got an evolution.

"Big Horned Monster"? I think I'd say Rhydon (yet not as much Rhyperior) with Nidoking being a close second for sure.
this came up as I was playing Green version, I was in the safari zone and caught a Rhydon and I wanted to add him to my party but I figured Nidoking and him were too similar, and I thought the same for Garura....

Rhyhorn?

Rhydon FTW. Also, just a random note - the reason they look so similar is because they were created and programmed in at around the same time.

For a party? Going with Gen IV movesets and mechanics; Nidoking.

Going with Gen I movesets and mechanics? Rhydon.

Which one I like most? Rhydon.

Thank you Smogon :p.

I personally prefer Nidoking. x3 Rhydon is pretty badass, but... Kangaskhan isn't too good.

Kangaskhan is my favorite out of all of them, but I voted for Nidoking. If you would have added Rhyperior to the list, I would have voted for him.

I would choose Nidoking; because of his movepool and all-around good stats.

Two things:

1) You left out Rhyperior and Nidoqueen.

2) I don't think Kangaskhan has a horn. What's she doing on the list?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom