• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New theme, like it or hate it?

Do you like the new theme?

• Total voters
Re: Ne theme, like it or hate it?

Great job with the animation. Better than the hackjob they did with the High Touch! clips. The song itself is terrible, though.

Pretty meh.
I can't say I hate it and I can't say I love it. It's okay.
I might have to get use to it. Clips were good though.

However I prefer season 11 and 12 songs personally when only looking at TCPI's dub.

It's meh, but it'll be around at least until spring of next year, so what can you do? I'm more interested in the eps themselves, as this is the highlight of DP.

The lyrics, vocals, instrumentals, and visuals are on par with the last 2 openings, so I guess it's okay. It's 38 seconds long, which is exactly the same length as the last op. But what really gets to me is the 5 second codetta(conclusion). These folks seriously need to work on timing.

It's alright. It doesn't make me psyched for the league the way Saikou Everyday does but it's still better than the travesty that was the DP rap. It helps that they put together the opening more fluidly than the last opening, which was really jerky and all over the place.

i enjoyed it much better than the mess of an opening they used for the frist couple of episodes of GB's before they wised up and used some of japanese opening instead of random episdoes clips.

things i enjoyed most about it: first shot of Dawn was very well animated, love the smirks on ash pokemon faces especailly staraptor and pikachu, enjoyed the drums in the beginning.

pity we won't get the full verison of the song went movie 13 is dubbed as that seems to be the order with the film openings one get the theme the other doesn't

I don't mind the visual aspects, but the song, no. I don't like it, especially compared to Saikou Everyday. At least its short though.

I think, it's decent. At least better than BD and GB. But in my opinion, first of DP series is the best of all four openings.

It is very slow and increidbly mehish.
"Sinnoh League Victors" is especially painful to hear in comparison to the rest of the song.

So is this the first time we've had an entire opening theme go by without a single episode clip spliced in?

The only thing I disliked was that it seemed like the song was going to have a nice chorus (upbeat; like how songs are, they have mellow verses, and then the singer pours his/her soul into the chorus that's pretty upbeat) but it was over before it had a chance to go anywhere.

I'd really like to hear the full version, just to see if there is an upbeat part. Of course we'll probably have to wait for the next Pokemon movie.

For what it was, it wasn't bad, the lyrics were nice, and it was new, but if I had to criticize anything. It just wasn't a song you can put your heart in and sing along with.

Take the full version of battle cry for example, that's a song you could put your heart into singing. Sinnoh League Victors not so much.

Edit: As for the animation itself, or rather the scenes they chose, I got to say they did choose the best ones. And I love how they kept in Ash's Pokemon sequence, but I guess the Dub Opening doesn't mind spoilers (since Togekiss, Infernape, and Torterra were seen).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom