• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Gen V Pokemon to be absent from Isshu

I thought it meant ALL non-Isshu Pokemon, but that would NEVER happen, it just won't, the reason being is Pikachu, it's the mascot, they won't leave it out of the game. I don't mind if they pull another Hoenn, I just hope it has at least Onix (and it's evolution) are in, thats one of about three things I didn't like about gen III.

U realize that Crobat is BL, Golem kicks a** in non-competitive battling (normal game) Gyrados is Gyrados and Tentacruel is essential in a hail team, plus is okay. Nasty Plot Raichu is great too. All evos of the common, nostalgic annoyances. I just hope that the Bidoof like Pokemon of Isshu aren't as prominent on every route until the sixth badge.

I've heard talk about trading with Gen 4, how would that work if the games didn't have Gen 5 pokemon in that? Would it be like Pal Park or something?
They won't trade back. I'm pretty sure they won't let people trade them back.

1. Long as they don't use this to make more stupid clones (seriously, most of the "new" things in gen 3 were ripoffs of existing Pokes).
2. Long as we still get new Eevee types
3. Long as they actually exclude those goddamn Zubat, Tentacuel and Geodude.

They won't trade back. I'm pretty sure they won't let people trade them back.

I bet they make it like gen 2: some bs time travel excuse to explain why you can't bring gen v pokemon into gen IV.

1. Long as they don't use this to make more stupid clones (seriously, most of the "new" things in gen 3 were ripoffs of existing Pokes).
They probably would have the standard expies, which is why I'm wondering why Gen III was called a rip-off when most of their clones were expies of staple Pokemon they replaced, while most of the other guys were completely new, and even some of the clones were fairly unique.

The thing I really don't want is having new evolutions that aren't in the regional dex again because their pre-evolutions aren't in the region. Doubt it would happen considering how quickly they fixed that issue in Gen IV, and even included the new evolutions in the Johto dex.

Also want a new bat to bother me this time around.

I'd like some way to get non-V Pokemon, but I don't care if it's mainly new ones. They should switch it around with the common-in-all-regions Pokemon, since it's been established that Isshu is waaaay far away from the other places.

But you people fail to realize that Zubat aren't the problem. It's caves. I want a region without those caves. I'm okay if they exist, but no Victory Road-esque long treks or puzzles. Please. I hate them so much. If they get rid of Zubat, they'll find another Pokemon to bug us. If they get rid of a lot of the caves, Zubat will stop being so much of a problem.

I never understood caves. They never did anything really cool or outstanding with them. Why are they here?

Oh and speaking of DPP, they need some variety to the reigonal dex (seeing as how they are going with that stupid idea again) this time around. Really, TWO fire type families (and some idiot thought making a fire type using elite four member was a good idea)? Gen 1 was better than that!

I don't mind new versions of existing animals if they mix them up a bit. Mamepato is another pigeon for instance, but it seems like it might go a different route and possibly focus on defense? At least, I get that impression from its signature ability Pigeon Heart.

Likewise, I too would love a new bat (perhaps one based off a megabat instead of a microbat like Zubat seems to be) and a new jellyfish (perhaps one of the more abstract and wild jellyfish out there, like the see-through ones) to replace Zubat and Tentacool.

I'm fine with Geodude, Gastly, Abra, and Machoke staying though.

They probably would have the standard expies, which is why I'm wondering why Gen III was called a rip-off when most of their clones were expies of staple Pokemon they replaced, while most of the other guys were completely new, and even some of the clones were fairly unique.
I'm not even sure which Pokemon are considered to be clones either. Sure, I can see people accusing Wurmple of being an alternate Caterpie, but I've also seen people say Makuhita is a Machop clone and Slaking is a Snorlax clone, based on nothing more than a shared type and body shape despite both of them having enough differentiation from their predecessors.

To clarify, I guess what I mean is that different people seem to have a different opinion on what constitutes a clone. Some say reusing the same animal, some say reusing a type, some say Pokemon with similar body shapes. I've already seen some people call Shimama a Shinx clone (perhaps being a physical pure-Electric type) and Gear a Bronzor clone (due to its shape...in fact, I myself thought Bronzor was a gear the first time I saw a lowres screen shot of it when DP was leaked) despite them being based off completely different things.

Last edited:
Really, TWO fire type families (and some idiot thought making a fire type using elite four member was a good idea)? Gen 1 was better than that!

That's what I said. What made it worse was that one of the fire type families was the starter Pokémon -_-

But you people fail to realize that Zubat aren't the problem. It's caves. I want a region without those caves. I'm okay if they exist, but no Victory Road-esque long treks or puzzles. Please. I hate them so much. If they get rid of Zubat, they'll find another Pokemon to bug us. If they get rid of a lot of the caves, Zubat will stop being so much of a problem.

I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you this. But the region map looks littered with plenty of caves. Please don't hurt me... :p

I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you this. But the region map looks littered with plenty of caves. Please don't hurt me... :p

It's not caves themselves I have a problem with, but caves that require you to spend a long time in them. I'm sorry, but making me spend half an hour in a giant cave with a hundred trainers and exploding Graveler is not my idea of fun.

A lot of tiny caves is an idea that I'm fine with. If they look cool like that magnetic one, that might be the redeeming of caves in my eyes.

I'm good with having mostly new Pokemon in the region to allow trainers to familiarize themselves with the new crew.

That's what I said. What made it worse was that one of the fire type families was the starter Pokémon -_-

And the other was from Gen 1!

I don't particularly care if they contain previous pokémon... as long as there are a 67%+ majority of new pokémon, and the old pokémon aren't the really goddamn common ones that every trainer has, and you have to catch early on to use for HM purposes. (Machop/Geodude I'm looking at you!!!!)

Oh and speaking of DPP, they need some variety to the reigonal dex (seeing as how they are going with that stupid idea again) this time around. Really, TWO fire type families (and some idiot thought making a fire type using elite four member was a good idea)? Gen 1 was better than that!

A ghost type Elite 4, with only one ghost type family that they decided to pair her up with poison. A Dragon type Elite 4 with only one dragon family, so they just used dragon-looking Pokemon, even then, both used three Pokemon from the same family.

Flint on the otherhand managed to at least have a "heat" theme with a Steelix, a stage an Onix can get to apparently, if they dig enough deep under ground and are tempered by the earth's heat and pressure and a hot air balloon. Who knows about Lopunny, but people think that creature is"hot".

Whether they say they have a regional dex or not, does not mean all those Pokemon are going to be included during your first run through. The Johto dex originally had all 251 Pokemon included.

Guess what? Johto didn't have the Houndour line or Murkrow line in it. Misdrevous and Larvitar weren't even availlable until after the Kanto half.

So much for your regional dex bitching since it wouldn't change anything. Seems like the only thing upsetting you is the lack of fire types.

I meant that gen 1 had 4 fire families, plus a legendary.

I meant that gen 1 had 4 fire families, plus a legendary.

And I just showed it had one dragon and one ghost family, so how is it any better? What, fire types the only thing that count now?

Because if you spent the last... 6 years trying to make something balanced and avoid exactly that issue, you don't have quite the same excuse as the steaming pile of code that was the gen 1 games.

They've never spent that time making things balanced. They've added Pokemon that fit the region.
lol, you got me there. But Johto is connected to Kanto. And the pika line is in the Johto pokedex.
So is every other Kanto Pokemon, and a few Johto you can't catch there.

Back
Top Bottom